Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Nuno Aguiar, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I love this add-on and use it daily on webpages where content is not only added but also removed.
When that happens it does pick up that the page changed, but the "Changes" view cannot pick up what's missing from the "Old page".
Would be great if those could be shown stricked through and/or with a red background, similar to the additions beeing highlited in yellow
- by Rohn, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Most websites now have Ads that change several times daily, this means that you will get "false positive" updates.
If we could manually select which parts of a page we want to check for changes, then this addon would become far, far more useful
As is, it's better than nothing, which is infinitely better than nothing, but it's not perfect regarding features.
- by Firefox user 12662523, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5You can set the refresh interval to 1 Minute, but it always goes back to 5 Minutes which is way too long for my purpose. Any chance, that you implement shorter custom invals like Dsitill Web Monitor?
Or a short cut for manual checking so that i could make a macro for my keyboard.
- by Firefox user 12604290, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5You will change this situation? It's so sad... :(
Developer responseposted 4 years agoYou can install v3.2.4, which has been tested with Firefox 47:
* Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/update-scanner
* Open "Version Information"
* Click "See complete version history"
- by Firefox user 12549701, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Вот скажите, почему нет максимального порога чувствительности? Я сканирую один сайт, который регулярно "перезапускается", и через каждые 15 минут дополнение показывает обновление всех символов, что уже начинает доставать.
- by Firefox user 12523888, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Add on works really well, easy to set up and configure. I haven't found anything that does the job anything like as well. Please keep up the good work.
- by iordaki iordaki, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Подскажите, пожалуйста где сохраняются настройки.
Каждый раз сбиваются при синхронизаций.
Автору, Можно сделать, чтоб все папке назначить настройки, а не каждому URL в отдельности?
- by Firefox user 12357918, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Я конечно долек от it технологий, но на Windows разобраться смог ,а вот на Android нет !подскажите кто в теме .и еще не помешает частоту сканирования увеличить точне уменьшить интервал между сканированием хотя бы до минуты а в идеале от 1 секунды
- by Firefox user 12312958, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good, but limited. Keeps popping for embedded text randomized click bait. So it's useless for major sites. I chunked my entire bookmarks file into it, then had to delete almost all of it. Quite nice for things like simple blogs and indie game developers. You know, those rarely updated 'News' portions on lots of websites. I'll keep it for those reasons, but until the author figures out how to not trigger a false positive on "Arm&Hammer: the only name in hemorrhoid cream" I honestly can't recommend this. It would be nice if we could actually select exactly what we want scanned on a site, instead of this Scan It All approach. Or even setting it to trigger when a jpeg file tag changes. Maybe a second comparison file containing the last whatever settable number of jpeg file tags seen on a specific site, with a separate whitelist-blacklist setting for the trigger-ability of the file. Honestly, my favorite author loves to blog. Like 7 times a day. Mostly to post cat pictures. I would love to know when she is actually updating because my Update Scanner scanned the site for "Book" or "Novel" instead of "Mittens#7's rediscovered yarn!"
- by drumsibumsi, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is almost perfect update scanner. The ONLY disadvantage in my opinion is the absence of import/export functionality. Since I work in two places, I'd sometimes like to copy all the data to another computer. I do this by exporting/importing bookmarks, but unfortunately this does not transfer custom settings applied to pages. I hope the developer adds this functionality in some future.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoIt sounds like you're exporting in HTML format. Firefox doesn't include custom annotations unless you back them up in JSON format (see https://support.mozilla.org/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them).
If you're still having trouble, please report this at the support site https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues.