Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12073697, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The new version does not play nicely with other extensions & open tabs and has become very inefficient. It's hogging all the Firefox 57 cpu cycles so Firefox and every page I have open is unresponsive while its running. Once it finishes (after 15 minutes now instead of 90 sec) everything is back to normal. While its updating, Firefox become completely unusable. I don't like the new menu - there's not enough control. And upgrading was a pain, with having to export & reimport which seems unnecessarily pointless.Performance has been improved in v4.2.1, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/191.
The WebExtension upgrade process was a bit of a pain, but unfortunately the new Firefox APIs don't allow full access to bookmarks, so a reimport was the easiest way to do the upgrade.
- by Firefox user 13487801, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It was my best add-on but the new version is more-more worse. Not working all webpages with other languages. There are no small menu icons upper the sidebare. I'm sorry but searching other add-ons.
- by Eugene Bender, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5New version don't work on russian sites.
Now you addon is useless for me.
- by Firefox user 13479842, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This new version is a mess in FF Quantum. It's inconvenient to use and not reliable. This feature is so important to me that I'll have to change browser soon unfortunately.
- by MacGivre, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5On ne peut plus lancer la mise à jour manuellement.
Si on surveille une page avec login (ex : forum), la page reste bloqué à la page d'identificattion.
Impossible de mettre à jour une page qui n'a pas déjà été scannée, je ne comprends plus du tout ce nouveau fonctionnement.
J'ai eu du mal à récupérer mes favoris mais c'est fait, ouf !
En tout cas, l'appli fait le minimum : surveiller les pages sans flux RSS, et cela me convient ^^
- by Firefox user 13470516, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5the last version was good , this new version of firefox sound that is have made the developer in hurry to keep it compatible .
i'm missing the functionality and the ability to LUNCH THE SCAN MANUALLY !!!
- by Firefox user 13465635, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5автор постоянно навязывает свое мнение что сканировать чаще чем раз в 5 минут плохо, для моих целей мне необходимо сканировать страницу не реже чем раз в минуту, в старых версиях можно было это выставить вручную, в новой версии такую возможность я найти не могу, вынужден установить старую версию,( этим приложением пользуюсь втечении 5лет ежедневно) если возможность более частого сканирования не будет востановленна я буду вынужден искать альтернативные варианты
the author constantly imposes his opinion that it is bad to scan more than once every 5 minutes, for my purposes I need to scan the page at least once a minute, in old versions it could be manually set, in a new version I can not find such an opportunity, I have to install old version, (I use this app for 5 years every day) if the possibility of more frequent scanning is not restored, I will be forced to search for alternatives
- by Firefox user 13451896, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have used the Update Scanner for 5+ years. It is indespensible for anyone who wants to stay on top of the latest announcements in Computer Technologies and programs. I check over 400 web sites every day!
- by joefiesta, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5You can't make it change more often than once every 5 minutes.
Why should the developer care how often I scan a page? Why should he care if my computer slows down (which it won't!)?
Also, I have no idea what happens when a page changes. That is to say, almost nothing about this routine is documented. I want the page to refresh when it changes, but can't find any option that controls what happens other than playing a sound.
The gui's are nice, but, again, without doc, difficult for me to figure out. I don't want to play with something to learn how it works. I want to read how it works.
- by devilbirder, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Generally works very well and is extremely useful. With certain websites, it seems to regularly pick up 'ghost' updates when nothing visible has actually changed. Also, a means to log in on different devices to make it easier for multiple users to work together in monitoring websites, rather than awkwardly co-ordinating what has been read, would be extremely useful and make this a perfect add-on.