- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16230096, 2 years agoMühsam, hier fehlt mindestens die Möglichkeit mehrere Lesezeichen zu markieren um alle gleichzeitig zu löschen. Jedes einzeln entfernen und auch noch jedesmal zu bestätigen frisst nur unnötig Zeit.
- Rated 1 out of 5by NO, 2 years agoNo way to actually delete duplicates. Finds them, great! No way to delete them. I had enough and uninstalled.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16973368, 2 years agoAs another review says, this addOn seems unfinished. My particular complaint is as follows. On one run, a bookmark will be identified as broken. On another run, another bookmark will be identified as broken. Both bookmarks actually work fine. I infer that the addOn is not waiting long enough for sites to respond.
EDIT: I seem unable to respond to the developer's reply to my comment. So I will reply here. The AddOn seems to work better now but I continued to find at least one site that responded very slowly, but did respond, and was (mis?)flagged as not responding by the Organizer. That site: https://www.gutenberg.org/
- Rated 2 out of 5by Jivix fromwc3, 2 years agoIt's really strange to have a duplicate finder that has a popup with no hotkey support. I have over 3,000 duplicates and there's no way I'm clicking 6,000 times to fix that using this addon. There needs to be a selection assistant, preferably something like Duplicate Cleaner has (this is not an addon, its a standalone software for files).
The results for checking broken bookmarks aren't visible until the whole search is done. I have over 15,000 bookmarks saved, I don't want to wait an hour and a half every time I want to clean out some broken bookmarks. It would be more usable if it could divide bookmarks up into batches so you can go for, say, checking just one thousand bookmarks at a time, preferably the latest 1,000 you added.
I hate to rate this addon two stars because this one technically works great, but the usability is so low that I really can't picture myself getting any work done with it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by dd, 2 years agoVery useful to clean up and coorect dead links. Would be nice to have a whitelist option so that -for example- one can skip youtube links which all appear as broken due to consent invasive step.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16948790, 2 years agobrilliant! I've used so many worthless link checkers over the years I'd given up... until 'Bookmarks Organizer - it finds EVERY broken link, EVERY duplicate link, and enables you to redirect changed links - a HUNDRED MILLION THANKS to Sören Hentzschel!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16947642, 2 years agoAfter trying to sync Firefox bookmarks on several devices cluttered with various old copies of miscellaneous bookmarks, my bookmarks were a complete mess.
Bookmarks Organizer has been a great help in the process of cleaning up the mess. Thank you!
(Now, if you could please add a feature that will remove all bookmarks that I will never need again, but which I don't know that I will never need again. :-) )
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kelue, 2 years agoAs others have said, this is HALF of a really great addon. The search and duplication check is fast and accurate. But then it's like the developer just decided that was good enough and stopped there. The inability to delete more than one bookmark at a time, and EACH deletion requires you to click a confirmation box, renders this completely and utterly useless.
- Rated 1 out of 5by bhrgunatha, 2 years agoBEWARE: This add-on DOES NOT copy tags when it replaces a redirected URL. If you have tags and value them do NOT use this to replace redirects. Destroying your data is unforgivable.
Also this has obviously not been used or tested on a large number of bookmarks (I have over 2000) and it is a usability nightmare for two main reasons.
First, there is no way to select multiple URLS and apply a single action (remove duplicate or change a redirect).
Second, there is no way to use the keyboard to navigate or interact with the dialogs so you are forced to move and click with the mouse.
I AM aware there is a "Change ALL redirects" but this is dangerous e.g. many websites redirect to a login screen when you are logged out so now all your bookmarks for those sites would be for the login screen. Once again you need to adress these one-bu-one which I DID do only to discover my tag data deleted.There is no WebExtension API at all for tags. And what you described about tags is documented in the description of the add-on. If you don't read the description that's your fault, not the developer's fault. It's not okay to give a bad review just because you didn't read.
It's also not okay to tell it was not tested on a large number bookmarks. I have more than 5,000 and it works for me.
- Rated 2 out of 5by rakat, 2 years agoThis organizer only found 68 bookmarks. It did not find the bookmarks imported from another browser. They were there, tho.Did you understand the function of Bookmarks Organizer? It only finds BROKEN bookmarks. If the bookmarks from your other browser work there is no point in showing them…
- Rated 1 out of 5by Michel, 3 years agoWorks badly enough to be unuseable.
Finds as "broken" perfectly working, recent, fast bookmarks, so you have to check one by one everything it finds.
Does not say why the link has an error. Eg. if it doesn't answer, is broken (404), has an authentication error (which can be OK since you are not logged on), etc. so the results are useless.
It is not possible to mass-delete a group of bookmarks anyway.
Quite slow altogether, even with a 1Gb link it's slow.
Doesn't cache the results even for a little time so if you inavertendly close the result windows while checking for actually broken links, you must start over again.
Can't stop a running task, so if you started over again and find it too long, you can't cancel it to search for something else.
Can't choose where to start or which folder to check, it's all or nothing.
Won't remove obsolete separation lines, so if you deleted a number of bookmarks you get a collection of useless separation lines in the folder.
Will do nothing to actually "organize" your bookmarks, the name is misleading.
You cannot whitelist a folder.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoIt is not really slow if you think about it how the Bookmarks Organzier works. While I could make a few changes to make it a bit (not a lot!) faster if would mean that the quality of the results could no longer be the same. From a quality POV the Bookmarks Organizer has the most advanced algorithm to determine if bookmarks are still valid or not. We talk about bookmarks. I think false results are really bad for bookmarks. That's why I used an quality-focused approach.
Giving only one star just because it hasn't all the features you would like to see is a very bad way to interact with an add-on developer. There are no surprises at all, I described in detail what this add-on offers. So if it's not enough you could could know it before you installed the add-on. One star makes sense if the add-on does not hold what it promised but that's really nothing you could say about this add-on.
FWIW, I accept pull requests for enhancements and new features.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Forby, 3 years agoKatastrophe: Sah nach einem zweiten Durchlauf alle meine Lesezeichen als Fehler an und löschte sämtliche. Tipp: vorher Lesezeichenbackup machen!Mit Verlaub, aber das ist GELOGEN. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht niemals von alleine Lesezeichen. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht ausschließlich Lesezeichen, wenn du den Befehl zum Löschen gibst. Das ist ein Fakt. Es ist vom Code des Bookmarks Organizers her technisch gar nicht möglich, dass das von alleine passiert.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Opa Smurf, 3 years ago"finds" , but does not organize nor delete doubles - which isn't really helpful - since i already know i have doubles, firefox the usual culprit here. Manually deleting 2000+ bookmarks is certainly something i won't do. (buku /linux cli) but still searching for an Xmarks replacement for windows