- by Nunya, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works very well. Interface is easy to use.
The function of this Add-On is difficult to automate because testing all those sites mechanically is going to set off countermeasures. Plus, where cookies have been deleted, the client is going to recognize gateway portals as a failure to load.
I give it 5 stars, but I do recommend that you implement check boxes for batch whitelisting because you're always going to get a lot of false positives.
EDIT: I just noticed the filter boxes at the top of the tree. You might still simplify whitelisting, or allow filtering entries as you go. Still, no redundancies or procedural anomalies. 5/5
- by Firefox user 14306928, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a decent tool and does a good job of finding dupes! But there're no mass commands or buttons to deal with the dupes in one shot but rather you have to sit there and manually click on every dupe checkbox to take action.
The Find Broken URLs is a good feature but many websites like linkedin, facebook that do not allow webscrapers, see it as a threat, causing Bookmarks Organizer to generate a false positive report that the bookmark is broken or dead. The average person using this add-on needs to see friendlier http errors such as "the target web url does not allow remote checking!" as opposed to http 404!
- by Firefox user 12873224, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 51. When a bookmark is in a subfolder of the bookmarks toolbar, the path is not displayed correctly.
2. Clearing broken bookmarks one by one is a pain. It's useful if you can put a check mark on a few and delete them all at once.
- by Joe Broom, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Developer: "I think I'll automate the collection of information, but make actually doing anything with it as hard as possible!"
You can't even tab to the button you want to push on the popup.
Windows 3 had a better UI than this.
- by Jamc, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Fool proof duplicate and dead bookmark organizer ... with a huge BUT ... you have to confirm manually every single change to the corrections (redirect, delete, whitelist) ... and since its visual, you can't select the 'ok' by pressing space or arrows, ..... and this can quickly become very very annoying.
Please add an option to disable the confirmation box. thank you.