- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16973368, a year agoAs another review says, this addOn seems unfinished. My particular complaint is as follows. On one run, a bookmark will be identified as broken. On another run, another bookmark will be identified as broken. Both bookmarks actually work fine. I infer that the addOn is not waiting long enough for sites to respond.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Jivix fromwc3, a year agoIt's really strange to have a duplicate finder that has a popup with no hotkey support. I have over 3,000 duplicates and there's no way I'm clicking 6,000 times to fix that using this addon. There needs to be a selection assistant, preferably something like Duplicate Cleaner has (this is not an addon, its a standalone software for files).
The results for checking broken bookmarks aren't visible until the whole search is done. I have over 15,000 bookmarks saved, I don't want to wait an hour and a half every time I want to clean out some broken bookmarks. It would be more usable if it could divide bookmarks up into batches so you can go for, say, checking just one thousand bookmarks at a time, preferably the latest 1,000 you added.
I hate to rate this addon two stars because this one technically works great, but the usability is so low that I really can't picture myself getting any work done with it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by rakat, a year agoThis organizer only found 68 bookmarks. It did not find the bookmarks imported from another browser. They were there, tho.
Developer responseposted a year agoDid you understand the function of Bookmarks Organizer? It only finds BROKEN bookmarks. If the bookmarks from your other browser work there is no point in showing them…
- Rated 2 out of 5by Opa Smurf, 2 years ago"finds" , but does not organize nor delete doubles - which isn't really helpful - since i already know i have doubles, firefox the usual culprit here. Manually deleting 2000+ bookmarks is certainly something i won't do. (buku /linux cli) but still searching for an Xmarks replacement for windows
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14398247, 3 years agoCouldn't find any actions to perform on all my duplicate bookmarks. Hence the whole thing felt completely pointless.
I checked the top of the list, the bottom of the list, the page header, the page footer...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15070452, 3 years agoCan't choice the folder.
Have to wait several minutes without possibility of using firefox.
Obtain an useless huge list (hard to find the folder you want to clean in this stupid list).
Nothing smart with this addon
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12362774, 3 years agoFunktioniert irgendwie nur so halb. Die meisten meiner "defekten" Lesezeichen haben noch wunderbar funktioniert. Bei Duplikaten fehlt mir eine Option Links in bestimmten Ordnern zu behalten oder so. Mindestens ein Button für exakte Duplikate im selben Ordner bis auf einen Link zu löschen.
Hat mir also nur wenig weiter geholfen. Wurde wieder deinstalliert.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14979172, 3 years agodas verstehe ich nicht: ich habe nach Überprüfung über 1000 Fehler - hatte meine Bookmarks extern sicherheitshalber gespeichert - muss ich 1000 x "entfernen" drücken???
- Rated 2 out of 5by Wireball, 4 years agoRemoving duplicate bookmarks has to be done one at a time, and requires moving the mouse and clicking "OK" on the confirmation that pops up for each one. Not useful if you have more than about twenty duplicates.
Not sure why this doesn't have batch selection (all but newest, for example) like Bookmark Dupes does.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14479868, 4 years agoThere´s a lot of false positives. When the list is finished, you must start checking one by one to see if its really a deleted link or not. It needs lot of working.
- Rated 2 out of 5by MediaPuck, 4 years agoHi, am perfectly willing to change my rating - but as of right now = I get zero results. I had it run one week ago for a full day. It simply showed "0" on everything.
I have 124792 bookmarks [well, am online since 1993 :)]
So, it is virtually impossible that there is none broken, or double etc. I know for a fact that I have at least over 20 thousand doubles, because of a inadvertent new import after Xmars closed.
That was my reason for installing your extension, hoping to clean first before I use bookmarks also with my FVD account I have for speed dials.
Yes, of course I can do a manual check and clean with the library, but this would be silly if a extension like yours exist.
Firefox quantum 60.0.2
Your extension version: 2.0.1
I read over every comment here without being able to determine anything to solve my problem.
Hoping you will respond to the low star mark - and maybe there is an explanation for zero results.
I also tried it on my laptop, that is not synced to anything. The only identical setup is the old Xmarks bookmark folder structure.
I always kept the Xmarks clean on all my cpu's [had used them from their initiation date].
I should be able to get at least some number of duplicates from your extension.
Tests I did following last weeks zero result after an entire day run: Tried also with a new mozilla profile,
but still get no results.
I see that others here have no problem, so I need to find out what and why I get no results.
Ps: ich spreche auch Deutsch, sollte das fuer sie einfacher sein.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cool Franz, 4 years agoOverall it looks good and useful, however:
1) It doesn't explain why some bookmarks give an error
2) It returns as "errors" perfectly working bookmarks.
E.g. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/?src=search - It works fine but it's flagged as error
3) It should allow correcting multiple warnings/errors
4) Bookmarks paths are incomplete. This is very bad when trying to eliminate duplicates.
EDIT: that's it. After a couple of interactions it stopped working (I click check and nothing happens. Tried to close and reopen the tab, but it didn't solve. I'm going to uninstall it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14025385, 4 years agoI can't figure how to use it. I had it search for "ERRORS". It found several, identified by a red dot in the HTML file it created, but my version does not have the delete all broken bookmarks thing to click on. Deleting them manually
would take a long time, but that does not work. I delete them in the HTML file, but they are still in my FireFox bookmarks.
It found about 5000 "Warnings" but I don't know what it is trying to warn me about.
I see in other review answers that I should be using version 2.0. How can I tell which version it is?
OK, now I can see it is version 2.0.1 by looking at the addons manager in firefox.
Is there a better way for me to reply other than editing my original comment?
I still cannot see a delete anything link. I took a screen capture. How can I sent it to you?
The Icon at the upper right says Hey. looks like there is a lot of cleanup to do, but does not show how to do that.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThere was NEVER a version without a link to remove all broken bookmarks so it's not possible at all that you don't have this feature.
For warnings you can see the original URL and the corrected URL, so I don't know what is not clear for you.
You can see in the add-on manager which version is installed.
Please don't give bad reviews only because you don't understand the user interface. You can ask questions on GitHub. But this add-on is working and giving bad reviews for working add-ons is really NOT okay…
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13923730, 4 years agoI've installed it and I have a screen with a little box with 3 options of analysing bookmarks.
There are three balls rippling back and fore from small to large which I presume is telling me summat's happening, but - nothing's happening.
Half an hour now and Zero Bookmarks in the box on the screen.
Am I missing something ?
There IS also a box in which the words "Check bookmarks" appears. It is greyed out and cannot be selected.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13838283, 5 years agoGreat idea, but very slow for me. FF Quantum 58.0.2 (64-bit). 30MB/sec internet connection.
Scan started. Number of bookmarks: 9776
Somewhere around 9200 Checked it slowed down considerable.
After 9600 it slowed down so much I thought it stopped.
It is still checking, so I guess it is working.
It's Checked: 9638 Warnings: 4355 Errors: 2698
It has taken me over 20 minutes to get this far and at the current very slow rate it will take another 4 hours.
I assume it will have a method for fixinig errors and removing duplicates. I don't se that menu choice while it is scanning
Never completed scanning all bookmarks and I can't see how to fix errors and delete duplicates.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoOf course it's slow if Firefox has to open almost 10,000 websites!
Some servers do not respond. Bookmarks Organizer 2.0 will handle this situation and abort the request after 15 seconds so the "Never completed scanning" will be fixed with the next update (to be released this weekend).
> I can't see how to fix errors and delete duplicates.
Just click the "delete" as you can see it in the screenshot.
Please check out the new version in a few days. Thank you.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Harlan, 5 years agoI run FF 57.0.3 x64 under Win7 Pro x64. Finding empty folders and duplicated bookmarks works OK. Finding broken bookmarks appears to work until it hangs right at the end (363 total bookmarks, 360 scanned). It is still responsive, but it never finishes the scan. This add-on would fill a real need if it worked properly, but as it is I can't use it, so I've disabled it and will wait for improvements. I have other add-ons that deal nicely with empty folders and duplicated bookmarks.
- Rated 2 out of 5by berthoms, 5 years agoThis add-on will only help you to find duplicates or broken bookmarks...
In any way IT WILL NOT help you to fix them! (e.g. you'll know that you have 10.000 duplicates and NO WAY to fix them !
As you may think when a buggy software makes duplicates, it can easily fullfill the whole space it gets in a few seconds. So, getting huge lots of wrong bookmarks is not a thing you did by hand, but it occurs... And knowing it has already occured with no tool to fix it, is a very poor help.
So, using an extension to tell me something is wrong, while I knew it yet, and would not have installed this plugin if I didn't know it, doesn't deserve a great valuation.
Go on further and provide a fix for the errors you detect, and I'll change my mind!