- Rated 3 out of 5by Nibinaear, 19 hours agoDoes it send my bookmarks to an external service / website to check them or is it done in the browser?
To dev: Thanks.
Developer responseposted 17 hours agoNothing will be send to an external service at all. Bookmarks Organizer just send requests to the URLs of your bookmarks to check if they still work.
If you only have a question - Why did you give a bad rating?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mugitus, 5 months agoThe extension finds duplicate bookmarks, but these have to be evaluated one by one. There is no bulk processing option. Also it is not shown in which bookmark folders the duplicates are stored. So, for me the extension is useless.That's not true - It *is* shown where bookmarks are stored. And yes, the duplicates mode is limited but it's a) not the primary focus of this add-on and it's b) already clear *before* you install the add-on - there are screenshots showing the features. So I don't understand the reason for such a bad rating. The half is not true and the other half is not a surprise.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13424645, 5 months agoIch bin sehr froh um diese App.
Sie hilft mir meine 1000 URL sauber zu Verwalten und zu prüfen.
Mit wenig Lernen hat man eine super Tool.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ahmed, 8 months agoC'est la première fois que j'utilise un tel plugin pour organiser mes bookmarks accumulés sur une dizaine d'années et des poussières.. Et je dois dire qu'avec Bookmarks Organizer je suis agréablement surpris. Fait le job et bien.
Néanmoins si je devait juste rajouter un petit bémol constructif ; J'ai remarqué qu'avant de lancer le scan de marques pages "cassés" il faut impérativement désactiver "HTTPS uniquement" dans les options de Firefox car au moment du scan le plugin semble suivre les réglages Firefox que vous avez établi. Cela permet de résoudre le problème du lien montré comme cassé en HTTPS alors qu'il est bel et bien joignable en HTTP.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17364957, 8 months agoMost of the websites with "errors" are loading fine when I open them manually. And there doesn't seem to be a way to change delay between requests or timeout settings.It's not a matter of add-on options. For me it works with thousands of bookmarks like a charm. Of course add-ons like this (and any othe broken bookmarks checker!) work better with a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is not able to handle many requests at the same time it will lead to more false negatives. That's the nature of such add-ons. As such it's seems a bit a unfair rating to give only one star.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15346968, 9 months agoI don't get some of the negativity here, unless it's old news. This add-on does exactly what it says it will (look for and fix duplicate, broken, and unnamed bookmarks) and looks good while doing it! There are options to correct *all* redirects or delete *all* broken bookmarks (contrary to criticisms) but care should be taken especially with the delete all option. It's not infallible; each delete should be reviewed. And the developer provides a whitelist option so that exceptions don't keep reappearing! My only suggestion: The developer should update the copyright years at the bottom (currently 2017-2019, which makes it look out of date). He's getting a donation for this (and for New Tab Override).
- Rated 1 out of 5by 63kk0, 9 months agoGot through over 19500 bookmarks, and it froze on the last 2! I left it alone for a good half hour before giving up. Sadly, this process took several hours, and was very resource intensive while running. The process appeared to be fruitful, there were many dead links to remove, but what good is it if it hangs just before completion?
- Rated 4 out of 5by polrus, a year agoAlmost perfect add-on . Thanks for your hard work.
It would be nice to have a button to remove all duplicates. Now it finds the dups but you have to manually click on each and every one to remove it.