Betygsatt 4 av 5av Firefox-användare 12674307, för ett år sedan
Tried it. Changed the size settings and the box is now blank and I can't access settings anymore from anywhere. Deleting and re-adding doesn't get it back. Settings are saved and I see no way to reset it. Nothing on the github either. Thanks, but useless now.
- Betygsatt 2 av 5av Cr8zy_Ivan, för 19 dagar sedanI really appreciate Tabby for the ability to Quickly View all your Open Tabs, throughout all your Firefox Windows. As I often have upwards of 10 Firefox Windows open at one time, this Extension allows me to quickly find the one Tab I was looking for.
I do have one major gripe however, which is the reason for the 2 Stars (and apologies for that by the way). The controls and Hotkeys for Tabby are so "User Unfriendly", I just can't wrap my head around them. I've gone through the Hotkeys list multiple times. They're just not the type of controls that stick in my mind. And unfortunately, the only place you'll find the list is here, in the Firefox Add-On store (and Firefox doesn't have quick-links in the Extension Manager that can redirect you to an Extension's Page, and so you're stuck fumbling to get to Firefox's Add-On Store, and then searching for Tabby). I've been using this Extension for 6 months maybe, and every time I try to do something "intuitive" I end up closing a Tab or a Window I didn't intend to. Moving something around, selecting who knows what that went... where?
It would already be an improvement if you could find the Hotkeys list in Tabby's Options Page. And if you could customize the Hotkeys yourself, THEN you'd be set.
I really appreciate Tabby for the Visualization part. And I do use Tabby quite often for that. But as far as trying to move or change anything in the Sidebar, I try not to touch anything. It's a "just look, don't touch" type of scenario, because I just end up too confused afterwards.
- Betygsatt 5 av 5av Cyberknight, för en månad sedanInteresting concept, also adopted by other tab managers (creates lists of tabs, which are much easier than tiny squeezed tabs in the built-in bar to view and handle). The preview of the tab is very useful, outstanding from other tab managers. On the down side, the save-all-tabs function does just that, saves all tabs... And nothing more. No management of saved tabs, controlled restoration, moving tabs, nothing at all. When restoring the tabs, it simply throws them all open at once, which can be disastrous if there are hundreds of tabs (even more so if the tabs are from authenticated sites, which may not like multiple tab access.) Last, but not least, restored tabs ignore containers.
- Betygsatt 3 av 5av Firefox-användare 18257732, för en månad sedanI like this addon, but the lack of a user guide is frustrating. I only learned how to use it by reading the author's response to reviews here
- Betygsatt 3 av 5av e scoles, för 10 månader sedanMain thing I want from a tab manager is for it to auto-save sessions so they can be restored when Firefox inevitably fails to reload them after a restart. This does not appear to do that. It appears to do nothing but facilitate navigating between tabs, & suspending some tabs that are not currently needed. It seems to do those things OK, but they just aren't nearly as important to me as the baseline functionality of saving a list of open tabs to be restored on restart.
- Betygsatt 2 av 5av Cam NYC, för 10 månader sedanI'm sorry, developer, but I've tried and tried to get a manual for this extension, to no avail. The user interface is not so obvious that you don't need one.
You say "You can even save all you windows and tabs for later with just one click!" - ok, then, how do I do that? I had a ton of tabs open, clicked on the "save websites for later", closed firefox, and when I came back there was no sign of those tabs anywhere! I'm so aggravated!
Please include documentation for your project! Your shortcuts don't help. A window is a collection of tabs? Or is that the little folder icon? Shortcut for opening last window does not work for me.
Why do you assume we know these things? Btw, I'm computer savvy, even dabble in a couple of programming languages. And yet I cannot use your extension!Once you click on the "save websites for later" button and it shows you a checkmark indicating it saved successfully, you just need to click the second button right below it and it will restore everything. I hoped it would be visible and clear since it's shown immediately on the front page.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the little folder icon, but all the tabs should just show up directly on the front. Windows should say "Window 1", 2, and so on. In that way yeah it's a collection of tabs.
As for the shortcuts it's kind of a spaghetti of different operating systems having different shortcut conflicts, and so I've tried to make it so that it's easy to change the shortcuts to your own specifications. See: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-extension-shortcuts-firefox (It's in the settings page for future reference)
- Betygsatt 4 av 5av Firefox-användare 5905964, för 10 månader sedanIf I've denied the permission for tab preview, just go ahead and disable the preference for that instead of bothering me again and again about it.That should not be happening! I think the problem is that the actual Firefox permission popup opens *behind* the Tabby window, so even though Tabby is supposed to automatically disable tab previews once the user denies the permission, it doesn't get a chance to since it's already closed. I'll have to find a workaround for that but for now can you try disabling tab previews directly from the options page?
- Betygsatt 1 av 5av Pedro Diniz Guglielmeli, för ett år sedanExtension opens "what's new" tab in spam-like behaviour. Today it opened amid my game, giving me a ping spike for something definetelly not urgent. I know the developer works hard to make this extension even better, but invasive behaviours like this are annoying and should be opt-in.
- Betygsatt 3 av 5av Ruboka, för ett år sedanIt keeps opening the what is new page on github and it is always the same content. Last update on 13.8.22? why display it if nothing has changed since then? make it stop