- Оценено на 5 из 5Top rating. I listen to Soundcloud a lot and this is just perfect. No need to find the tab. Should be included by default. Thanks to the author
- Оценено на 5 из 5As was said, no need to even restart the Youtube tab, works perfectly and without lag. Prev and Next buttons also work on playlists!
- Оценено на 5 из 5Works out of the box for youtube videos in Mac.
Delighted since I didn't have to restart the youtube tab too. :D
- Оценено на 5 из 5Work out of the box with Firefox 51.0.1 on Linux Mint (Cinnamon) for Deezer.
The Previous, Next and Play / Pause keys of my Dell keyboard work perfectly.
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks
- Оценено на 5 из 5Works perfect with Bandcamp on FF 51.0.1 and macOS 10.12.3
- Оценено на 4 из 5Very good add-on, which does exactly what I was looking for; give my media keys YouTube functionality even while in the background.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I would love to see some kind of 'optional' button that would allow me to switch between programs being controlled by the media keys, i.e. Winamp or Firefox (YouTube), otherwise, great addition to FIrefox!
- Оценено на 5 из 5I've been using the Media Keys addon for a while now and have really enjoyed it. It does what it needs to do and does it well.
For those who have encountered the "Not available for your platform" bug, please go to https://github.com/carlin-q-scott/browser-media-keys/issues/112 for more details. The developer says that he will work on a fix and in the meantime users should install v0.7.9 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/media-keys/versions/?page=1#version-0.7.9
- Оценено на 4 из 5Just like schl3ck, I too can't install it. Running Win10 64 bit, Firefox 50.1.0.
Any idea why that is?
- Оценено на 5 из 5Works also on OS X / Mac OS (El Capitan, Firefox 50).
Also works when the tab or even the Firefox Window is not focused.
Seems simple, but I have been looking for something like this for a long time. It really hits the nail on its head.
Suggestion to Carlin: advertise this as a Beardedspice alternative that works for Firefox!
- Оценено на 4 из 5Hi.
I would like to use this add-on, but I can't install it. I'm running Windows 8, 64bit, FF50. Could you please fix it?
- Оценено на 5 из 5Just tested on FIrefox x64 50.1.0 (Windows 10 v1607).
Great add-on. Thanks to all contributors -- in particular, the author Carlin.
- Оценено на 4 из 5Fix, please.
W10 64, latest FF 64, multiprocess on.
P.S. I would like to have checkboxes do disable particular services. For example, I don't need media keys for Youtube. Instead, I want to be able control Pandora all the time, but if the last scrolled tab was a Youtube page, Media Keys will switch to controlling Youtube, which isn't what I want. Thanks.
Answer to developer. No, it wasn't resolved. http://i.imgur.com/ZD0FLjO.png
- Оценено на 5 из 5installed, no restart of firefox, instantly worked on Google play music.
- Оценено на 5 из 5One of the best extensions I've used, I am using it for deezer, works great!
- Оценено на 5 из 5There's a message window everytime I open youtube:
--------------- 8< -------------------
It is most likely that this key combination is already in use by another application. Find that app, and make it release this hotkey. Possibly could be in use by the "Global Keyboard Shortcuts" of the system - http://i.imgur.com/cLz1fDs.png
Details: Was not able to register the `code_os` of `172` on `grabwin` of `180`. Other info: `grabwins`: 180 codes_os: 172,208,215 code: 269025044
Offending Hotkey Combination: Media Key: Play (Capslock:Off, Numlock:Off)
--------------- >8 -------------------
Ubuntu 16.04 x64
- Оценено на 5 из 5Works great on a Macbook pro with Firefox 49, thanks!
- Оценено на 5 из 5it works on microsoft keyboard 600
- Оценено на 5 из 5I had an issue with the addon preferring youtube over pandora, but the pin media keys feature fixed it. Carlin was kind enough to reply with that tip when I emailed him. Thanks!
- Оценено на 4 из 5Unfortunately doesn't work with Logitech K350, Win 10
Edit: Thanks for advice. Disabled Logitech app helped. Youtube still doesn't work, but it's not important.Try closing the Logitech SetPoint application in your taskbar and see it work immediately. There's also an option for the add-on that works around the incompatibility with SetPoint but it doesn't work with some other keyboards so it's off by default. Plugin options are found in the add-on detail page accessed from the Firefox installed add-ons list: about:addons.
- Оценено на 5 из 5Working really well on Ubuntu 16.04 (didn't test on Windows yet)
Besides it, is open source! That's awesome too! Thank you very much!
- Оценено на 4 из 5The addon is great and works as intended, but I would like an option to disable this on youtube, I dont need the media keys on youtube
- Оценено на 5 из 5When a video is left to play to completion, paused videos or (maybe) other kinds of unplayed videos begin playing either in the tab or in other tabs.
Edit: This behavior is configurable. I think it would be better disabled as default.
- Оценено на 5 из 5The windows alternative key support made this work perfectly for me, but in no world should the 'Play/Pause media automatically' setting default to on.
I thought firefox had just decided to make the internet a worse place, not realising it was a part of this addon. Please make it default to the default behaviour of firefox :)
- Оценено на 5 из 5A very useful add-on it saved me a lot of time
However, I encountered a problem while dealing with Youtube playlists I can control the first video/song and if I move to the next one the keys don't work anymore unless I reload the page ( it's really troublesome) .
Please fix it if you can.
Update: I'm terribly sorry , it was my fault I kept a muted soundcloud tab open along with the Youtube playlist which confused the Add-On which prioritized the soundcloud songs over the Youtube playlist . I retried it now and it seems to be working :)
It would be awesome if there's an option to choose which one to controlThanks for the review and feedback.
I tried reproducing the issue you described and the only problem I see is that it takes about a second after pressing next/previous track for play/pause to work again.
Could you submit an issue on our GitHub with more details: https://github.com/carlin-q-scott/browser-media-keys/issues
- Оценено на 5 из 5Пара кликов,установилось без перезапуска браузера.Работает отлично!!!