Recensioni per Read Aloud: Un Lettore Vocale da Testo a Voce
Read Aloud: Un Lettore Vocale da Testo a Voce di LSD Software
Recensione di Faze
Valutata 2 su 5di Faze, 2 mesi fa
Great extension in Chrome but sucks in Firefox. Sometimes it doesn't stop playing, lots of times you can't select where to read from, like the way it can in Chrome, and other buggy stuff that doesn't exist in Chrome. The worst part is that they only give you one free voice and it's a woman's voice. In the world of equality, we should be able to be allowed a different gender's voice (a male's voice) without having to pay for it as a premium feature. It old style mentality that will eventually bite them in the butt.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 15303667, 3 giorni faSeulement en anglais et aucune option pour choisir une autre langue. Plein de bug.
- Valutata 3 su 5di suzyjak, 8 giorni faIt kept reading the same paragraph over and over again, so I tried to stop it !
I pressed stop-
Ishut down Firefox-
I closed every window-
I couldn't get it to stop-
Finally I had to restart my phone. That worked ツ
- Valutata 1 su 5di MikeFox, 13 giorni faRead Aloud might be a serious add-on for desktop Firefox, but, frankly, it's implementation in Firefox for Android 🦊 is pretty lousy if not useless:
1) There is only one very robot-ish (female) voice per language!
2) The UI within Firefox is more than pathetic!
3) There are no Android notification center controls!
4) When quitting Firefox, it just continues reading aloud!
In contrast, Mozilla's Pocket for Android is really convincing with a choice of ~10 great TTS voices per language, sounding very natural & pleasant like a radio announcer.
IOW: back to the workbench, developers!
- Valutata 1 su 5di this.cris, 13 giorni faI was not able to run it even once, because it kept asking me to sign in for using premium voices. This was with the default settings.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Taner KARAGÖL, 14 giorni faVoice is very bad (very robotic). Difficult to understand.
Few weeks ago I guess I have tried old version and voice was very good. But now it is very bad compared to one I tried before.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 14522916, 16 giorni faI'm glad this exists, before this extension I had trouble finding anything that worked. This seems to work and grab the text I want it to. The text to speech is pretty poor, it's not like newer Android that almost sounds human. It sounds VERY robotic. But, it's intelligible. And it's free. And it's available. So I appreciate its existence.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Ashley, 20 giorni faIt works, but it's not what I expected. I'm using Firefox for Android on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.
In order to have text read aloud, you need to either highlight text yourself or just be on the page you want read (in its entirety, with all headings & image description text, etc) and then you trigger the add-on in the browser's vertical elipsis menu (or is it a skinny hamburger?). Then, you will be in a totally new tab with only the text from the page and a pause/play and settings button.
I was hoping the "popup" option under this addon's settings would allow me to just highlight some paragraphs I want read, for instance, long-press it and be able to choose "read aloud" or something like that. Maybe I'd even see a tiny popup once triggered with the pause/play controls or it would be in the toolbar.
I ran into the issue that I couldn't get the voice to stop talking after pressing stop, changing tabs, and even closing Firefox (had to kill Firefox manually in my phone's "app info"). It would be great to be able to hear the reading after leaving a tab, but the ability to pause & start again are obviously important as well.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Messenger, un mese faIt is very successful, very useful, but when I select the text and open the contex menu, the browser freezes. This problem occurred after Firefox 84 release. I hope you take this improvement seriously and fix the problem. Thanks.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Tinror, un mese faVery very useful. I'm old and need to limit my time spent (wasted) reading screens and screens of text. So I can do some drawing or something else and just have articles read to me - a luxury I can not do without.
It is also very very useful for proof-reading any thing you write so you don't inadvertently set the Internet's dogs of war onto your tail.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 12148978, un mese faI've identified one significant problem using this add-on. That problem is that this add-on opens in a new window. It should simply open in a new tab, if it has to open a new anything at all. When an add-on opens a new window, if the user closes out the prior window with all his tabs, leaving the read aloud window open, it risks the danger of the user's prior session being wiped out, with all his tabs going with it, and when the user invokes Firefox again, all he gets is the window opened by read aloud. Unfortunately, my experience is that add-ons which claim to record and purportedly allow the reloading of prior sessions, meaning a set of tabs, simply do not work reliably when a new window has been opened.
- Valutata 1 su 5di hortond00, un mese faEven basic functionality is completely broken. After skipping text, the stop button breaks and audio will continue playing. Skipping text also causes the wrong set of text to highlight relative to the audio that's playing. I don't think Firefox should recommend this extension until these issues are fixed.
I will happily retry it if I am notified that these issues get handled, but for now, don't waste your time