- di Utente Firefox 13633332, un anno faValutata 2 su 5It would be great if it wouldn't release the tab as soon as I click it. Especially since a lot of times, closing another tab results in focusing the discarded tab.
Also, as of Firefox 78.0.2 (64-bit), due to some bug in browser, this extension is actually useless.
- di Phaedron, un anno faValutata 3 su 5I'd like to rate this add-on more highly but the first option worries me greatly: '..also >trash< all tabs not active in the last 24 hours'.
Can this be serious? 'Trash' to me, American though it is, means wreck, destroy, obliterate, smash, demolish, vandalise, eliminate, break apart, disassemble with prejudice, make useless for evermore, effectively kill...
Would I want this done to tabs I've had sitting in my browser for more than 24 hours? For any number of hours? That seems absurd.
I'd like to test it, but why would I want a terminal sentence passed on any of my tabs?
Maybe it's just a poor choice of language by the author; very poor, careless.
- di ArrowFX, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Great in almost all ways but I would like the creator to add a feature that allows specific pages to never be discarded while other pages of the site is still discarded. (Example: example.com/example isn't discarded but example.com or example.com/example2 is)
- di robsku, un anno faValutata 4 su 5This is a great extension - I finally had to find a similar extension to BarTab that I used to use before the webextension thingy when my laptop with 20GiB finally used up all the RAM, most of the swap space and slowed my system to crawl until I could free some of it... After installing this the memory use has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be. I started with the default settings, then after most my tabs were discarded I set the time before tabs get auto-discarded to much higher.
One request I have - if possible, could you make this extension to work with TST (Tree Style Tab) extension, so that if it detects TST it will show discarded tabs like it does on regular tab bar (which I've hidden because it's kinda redundant with TST)? That would be most awesome! Also you could add TST-specific features, such as "discard this tab tree", etc.
I would definitely add a star to my review for that! =)
- di Utente Firefox 15879071, un anno faValutata 5 su 5This is an exemplary add-on! It does what it says: it cycles out old tabs to reduce system load and improve speed. It is thoroughly configurable. I can't recommend it enough!
- di Utente Firefox 16053094, un anno faValutata 5 su 5THIS EXTENSION IS AAAAWWWWWESOME!!!!
I had about 30 tabs open and using about 75% of memory, but AFTER installing and activating the extension it WENT DOWN TO ONLY 48% memory use! I Love that I can deactivate all tabs except the one I'm using at the time.
THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE AND VERY USEFUL TOOL!!! Thanks Richard my brother!
- di Utente Firefox 13138523, un anno faValutata 5 su 5Great extension, just one tiny little edit should be considered, would it be possible to discard the tab that's currently in focus? I would like to leave an empty tab opened then if the tab in focus is idle it discards it and goes to that empty tab (this already happens if I manually press the discard button on the focused tab) but it would be a lot better if it were done automatically after the time has passed.
Thanks, once again a great extension.
- di Guillaume, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Really useful, the idea is really great, but the execution could be better. I've hit some strange bugs such as not being able to get back to a tab.
Also, the whitelist is poorly done. The matching is incorrect. Despite writing the domain name to whitelist correctly, it expected me to write the "www" in front of it. Some other time I written a whitelist, but some other domain also got whitelisted because the matching is incorrect. An entry such as "example.com" should whitelist the domain, and the whole domain. "an.example.com" should only whitelist the subdomain and nothing else.