Valutata 4,5 su 5
4,5 stelle su 5
- di Utente Firefox 14480453, un anno faValutata 1 su 5My memory usage doesn't really go down and instead my CPU usage goes up, making things even slower than they already were. This literally does the opposite for me.
- di Utente Firefox 15207147, un anno faValutata 5 su 5This is greatest addon.
Makes Firefox usable again.
Without it Firefox eats too much memory and is sluggish.
I have also adjusted discard time to few hours to prevent unintended discharding .
I want to discard tabs only if they are not used for more than day.
- di Utente Firefox 15185247, un anno faValutata 1 su 5Unintelligible. The word DISCARD is in no way synonymous with PAUSE. They have completely different meanings. Developer needs to read a dictionary. So what exactly does this do? After "discarding" does the tab still appear? If you select the tab, does it "un-PAUSE" ???
- di Utente Firefox 15184639, un anno faValutata 2 su 5This doesn't fix firefox's terrible memory usage.
Firefox still has memory usage of multiple GB.
When tabs are discarded, instead of data being saved to cache, the information is lost and needs to be redownloaded from the internet.
So with this addon you get a combination of bad memory usage and tabs that are basically only links. Worst of all worlds.
This is not the fault of Auto Tab Discard, it's just that firefox is written with no concern for memory and the Discard method that it exposes doesn't work usefully.
- di Traumflug, un anno faValutata 5 su 5With some settings adjustments (e.g. raising the discard delay to more like an hour than just a few minutes) this module works just great. Using it I managed to tame Firefox' memory consumption enough to make it a stable browser again.
- di Chris Skipio, un anno faValutata 4 su 5This is great so far! I wish I could visit a tab without it "un-discarding" itself though. I can do this with a Chrome extension and it's nice when you're trying to find a tab. This extension makes me need to "re-discard" for each wrong tab I searched in.
- di kjbaumga, un anno faValutata 5 su 5I categorize this add-on as *essential*, at least for people who use more than a handful of tabs, and/or who don't like wasted RAM. **Ever since installing this, it's as though I installed another 2 GB of RAM. ** It should be built in to Firefox. I wrote angry letters to Firefox about their reckless waste of RAM, and even suggested they free up memory exactly as this add-on does. Firefox is nasty -- it will keep on using RAM till there's 98% memory in use and the whole machine grinds to a halt. I was on the verge of abandoning Firefox over this. No installation of FF is complete without this functionality.