- di Anach, un mese faValutata 4 su 5Great extension, and does what it says, but it can be a pain, discarding tabs you don't want to discard, unless you add everything to a whitelist. It would be awesome if this had an option to work opposite to that, and only suspend tabs you add to the list.
- di Rudolf_Snail, 2 mesi faValutata 4 su 5The software is pretty good, it does what it says it does, but it doesn't have any option to disable the discarding of tabs, so setting the number unbelievably high will have to do.
- di PERCE-NEIGE, 5 mesi faValutata 4 su 5I use it to pause a tab. It works well, but I wish the icon of the tab that is paused to be more apparent, I can't recognize the tabs that are paused from the active tabs. So I click on paused time sometimes, and they load, and it's absolutely not what I want! @zephyr That's normal. When you pause a tab, it discards the content of a form, you must have known this. You can use form saver for this use, but not tab pausers.
- di Jeff Worne, 6 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Overall, this is a must-have extension for managing browser memory for those of us who just can't seem to close tabs. My one KILLER feature request would be to have a setting to prevent automatically reloading a discarded tab when focus returns to it. I'd like the option to manually reload the tab, instead. Right now, if you discard all tabs, the extension will pick a discarded tab and reload that page.
- di Hiroshi Ahsan, 7 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Great extension.
However, I think its biggest weakness is that if you accidentally click a suspended tab, it automatically begins to load. This usually happens when you close a tab and the browser automatically jumps to the tab to its right that may be suspended. That is a big turn off. Every suspended tab should have a "this page is suspended" window. And also the extension should have the option to let the user manually reload a suspended tab with a click, in contrast to auto reload.
- di ArrowFX, 10 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Great in almost all ways but I would like the creator to add a feature that allows specific pages to never be discarded while other pages of the site is still discarded. (Example: example.com/example isn't discarded but example.com or example.com/example2 is)
- di robsku, 10 mesi faValutata 4 su 5This is a great extension - I finally had to find a similar extension to BarTab that I used to use before the webextension thingy when my laptop with 20GiB finally used up all the RAM, most of the swap space and slowed my system to crawl until I could free some of it... After installing this the memory use has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be. I started with the default settings, then after most my tabs were discarded I set the time before tabs get auto-discarded to much higher.
One request I have - if possible, could you make this extension to work with TST (Tree Style Tab) extension, so that if it detects TST it will show discarded tabs like it does on regular tab bar (which I've hidden because it's kinda redundant with TST)? That would be most awesome! Also you could add TST-specific features, such as "discard this tab tree", etc.
I would definitely add a star to my review for that! =)
- di Guillaume, 10 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Really useful, the idea is really great, but the execution could be better. I've hit some strange bugs such as not being able to get back to a tab.
Also, the whitelist is poorly done. The matching is incorrect. Despite writing the domain name to whitelist correctly, it expected me to write the "www" in front of it. Some other time I written a whitelist, but some other domain also got whitelisted because the matching is incorrect. An entry such as "example.com" should whitelist the domain, and the whole domain. "an.example.com" should only whitelist the subdomain and nothing else.
- di Utente Firefox 15954429, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Even though I love this extension as a tab hoarder, recently I've noticed that when I reload a tab, instead of loading the last page it loads the google search I did in the first place before entering a result. As a result, I can't access the page I wanted. I hope it will be fixed.