- Valutata 2 su 5di Cees Timmerman, 25 giorni faTried to make Firefox faster by discarding my hundreds of other tabs, but those seem to be turned into ash now instead of reloading on click.
- Valutata 2 su 5di firedoge, 3 mesi faNot actually that useful. Storing Tabs in RAM may be faster on your Machine.
It depends on your bottleneck, do you have 4GB of RAM, use that Addon.
Do you have a slow Wifi card and processor, dont use it, as sites reload more often.
- Valutata 2 su 5di smayer97, 6 mesi faReally appreciate this add-on BUT somewhat buggy add-on... Discarded tab often does not stay discarded.
And if use the "Open a temporary blank page when all tabs in an inactive window are discarded (to be able to discard the active tab on this window)", the discarded tabs often revert back to loaded tabs after a while (within about 20-30 mins in my experience), especially when you use the Discard All Tabs or are discarding the last loaded tab in a window. UGH!
[Edit Jan 25, 2023 - Will this ever get fixed???]
Also, why not use the technique The Great Suspender used (only available or
Chrome)? Instead of a new tab to suspend the last one, it was able to suspend in place.... much more elegant and does not create new tabs.
[EDIT: Jan 28, 2023 - Meanwhile, I just figured out a workaround to stop the discarded tabs from re-loading under the above use-case... When discarding the last tab loaded, Auto Tab Discard opens a "blank" tab page to accomplish this. But AFTER such a discarded tab reloads, that tab/page automatically closes again and the discarded tab reloads. SO AFTER that tab reloads (and the blank tab is closed), simply press COMMAND-SHIFT-T. This will bring back the blank page and discard the last tab again. BUT THIS TIME the discarded tab WILL discarded.
This might give a clue on how to fix this?
- Valutata 2 su 5di osama, 8 mesi faجربتها قلت ممكن يكون الاتصال اسرع اذا نامت صفحات الاعلان لكن نفس تقطع الاتصال
- Valutata 2 su 5di Maciej543, 10 mesi faIt's all too buggy. It keeps suspending pinned tabs which are also added to the exception list, or it will randomly suspend tabs in less time than was set.
- Valutata 2 su 5di ase, 2 anni fasettings page is a complete mess and exact funtionality is very unclear. immediately suspends some tabs as soon as they're clicked away from, never suspends others.
- Valutata 2 su 5di kelendral, 2 anni faThe description makes claims that are not so true in the current FF environments (other unloaders don't actually unload) that are easily verified in about:performance and about:memory. Checking those, one can see if the other unloaders work or not.
Annoyingly it does something no other unloader I have tried so far does, marks every tab it unloads as 'updated' in the same way as if the tab had an autorefresh or notification. This makes every tab it unloads look as though a message is pending if you highlight such in any way. UNLOADING SHOULD NOT MARK A TAB AS UPDATED!
Last it misses tabs that based on the setting should most definitely be unloaded. Sometimes even duplicates of the same tab (thus confirming no rule conflicts as it unloads some but not other duplicate identical content tabs).
- Valutata 2 su 5di Redbeard, 3 anni faIt worked for a few hours, then it spontaneously wiped all its own settings and it now seems unable to save any new ones, so the addon no longer functions. The "Factory Reset" button doesn't work either (yes I'm dbl-clicking it).
Debugging notwithstanding, there's not much I can do but remove it.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 12683147, 4 anni faOnly discards some tabs.
The toolbar icon also appears blank on first click and only refreshes by mouse-over.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Dypsis, 4 anni faMany of my Bookmarks have the discarded favicon permanently. I have tried removing the Bookmarks, and re-adding them, but it continues to display the faded favicons with the dot. I have tried clearing cache and even uninstalling this extension. How do I fix it? Edit: I have had to disable this extension for now before it screws all my favicons up. And Mozilla has this listed as a "Featured Extension". I am now using Dormancy.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Blazer, 4 anni faDoesn't work at Waterfox https://www.waterfoxproject.org/
This browser like Firefox 56. Maybe there is a version of the add-on suitable for this browser? What happens in the current extension - The add-on is installed, I can change the settings, but in work, when you try to freeze all the tabs, nothing happens.
Other addons from Firefox (until 54 version) working perfect.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 13257195, 4 anni facapture a screenshot of whole page, so when I came back I can decide, should I unsuspend it or screenshot is fine for now