Noté 4,5 sur 5
4,5 étoiles sur 5
- par Infinity, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5A magnificent and extremely useful extension.
Yes, it does omit several key features in certain areas, but this is solely due to the pathetically limited Firefox API (which is in no way the fault of this extension).
In fact it's a miracle that even this level of functionality was attainable, given how ridiculously limited the capabilities of Web Extensions are.
Kudos to the developer.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 5509918 de Firefox, il y a un moisNoté 4 sur 5Excelent addon! But it's not fast. And when I create a new folder, the popup window runs to the right and down from the screen and slows down very much, and I can't see the input folder name field.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un moisHello, thank you.
Yes, because of a few limitations in the Firefox API, this is creating in fact a small browser window, not a simple property panel, so this is is slower. And to add to that, some Firefox discrepancies between OS and behavior force an opening in two steps, creating the window very small and at default place, and then moving it and enlarging it to get it painted properly :-(
Now, on the position of the window itself, it is saved, so you can move it, and next time it is open, it will reappear at the place you moved it to the previous time, so that should solve your point about not seeing the input folder name field (note: that also works if you have firefox spanning multiple screens ..)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 10423830 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 5 sur 5Functionality is excellent. Recommended.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello, if you read the add-on description page https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-search-plus-2/, you will see it has to fetch the favicon for each bookmark to be able to display them (the little images at front of bookmarks). This is because Firefox doesn't give access to them. The add-on does that only once.
Alerts mean that you have plenty of bookmarks to malwared URLs .. :-)
You can deactivate favicon fetching in the options page, and you won't get any alert. But then all icons will be the standard "no favicon" icon. We are just waiting that Firefox gives us that access -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315616
Thank you, aaFn.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15907683 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 5 sur 5This is a great add-on that I've used for a long time with no adverse issues. It's also an add-on that I really like.
However, it has developed a sudden glitch. It will throw out a brief message that is on screen for only a fraction of a second that reads as follows: "BSP2 detected a desynchronization and is reloading bookmarks from FF API. Please wait..."
This happens as soon as I type in any of the following four letters: "a", "g", "s" and "t". It will not display any results for those four letters.
All other letters and numbers work fine. Have uninstalled and reinstalled BSP2. Have restarted FF several times but no luck so far. No idea where to turn to get this resolved.
Update: developer answered quickly (thanks!) and also found the problem which will be resolved in the next update. See his reply to this message. Thank you!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello, yes I also fell on that recentlyl, it seems the behavior of FF bookmark search API changed a bit and is now returning two special folders I was not seeing before, and which are not expected (namely the "Tags" special folder ... but also the Mobile bookmarks special folder even when it is empty).
Since they are not expected, BSP2 believes there is a de-synchronization with the FF DB of bookmarks, and attempts a reload.
This is corrected in 2.0.76 which will be out soon ... I filtered out those two items when appropriate from the search result gotten from FF API.
====================== Update ===================
2.0.76 is out now with the fix for extended search responses.
Should be all ok now, sorry for the inconvenience, aaFn.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15892547 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 5 sur 5Absolutely BRILLIANT. Thanks so much. It returns folder folder names in search results, which the built in search doesnt :-) Even site icons eventually show up, just takes some time.
- par Notlaw, il y a 3 moisNoté 4 sur 5Could have an option to open into the Ctrl+Shift+B window [not shortcut].
Or just be able to move folders by dragging them into Firefox bookmark bar [under address bar].
The major thing I like in this addon is the option to search bookmark folders.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 moisHello @Notlaw, thank you.
The first demand is made impossible by FF for Web extensions, the Boomark History window is not customizable and no add-on can run within it, sorry.
The second one you mention is in fact hitting a bug I opened on FF some time ago https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1531539
=> we are waiting for it to be corrected by FF so that it can work.
=> Meanwhile, the work around is to drag the folder you want to move to the bookmark bar, and to drop it into the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder inside of BSP2, at top of the bookmark tree .. and the result will be the same.
Thank you, aaFn.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15022029 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 5 sur 5Suggestion: focus searchbar upon opening sidebar (alt + b)
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 moisHello, thank you.
On focus, alas this is not yet possible, Firefox does not allow that -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502713
Impatiently waiting that FF fixes the bug .. :-)
- par they86, il y a 4 moisNoté 5 sur 5I think it's insane that this is not native in Firefox. - Thanks for the fix.
Also ability to customise the font and line spacing was above and beyond my expectations. Great!
Suggestions for further improvement:
- I think the Options-page is a bit hidden away - why not make it accesable right from the star icon?
- the "advanced click" option is very useful (choose if you want to open the bookmark or show the location in your bookmark folder), but it's a bit tricky to remember that you have to click the WHITE SPACE NEXT TO the search result. - Maybe you can add some kind of icon, like an arrow or something, to make it clearer and more user friendly?
- shortcut for opening the sidebar:
* it seems to be impossible to overwrite the Firefox Bookmark shortcut?
* adding the "shift" button as an option to program your own shortcut would come in handy
- a shortcut for opening Bookmark Search "full screen" (in a tab) would also be nice.
Thanks for your great work!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 moisHello they86, thank you. Interesting suggestions, so lets go through them one by one:
- Ok, I will add access to the options page in the right click menu of the BSP2 icon in the toolba,r for easier / faster access.
- Indeed, now that you say it, I see that the visual mouse pointer shape to distinguish an active part (favicon and text in Advanced mode), from a non active part (blank in advanced mode, or whole line on folders or whole line on bookmarks in Simple mode), is not really consistent across Simple and Advanced modes in search results.
So in 2.0.74, I am improving the behavior as follows: a pointer mouse cursor (little hand) will now only show on active parts to open bookmark (= favicon and text in Advanced mode), while a default mouse cursor will always show on non active parts to locate bookmark item (= blank in advanced mode, or whole line on folders, or whole line on bookmarks in Simple mode).
This should be visually clearer and easier.
- You are correct, an add-on cannot override the Firefox bookmark shortcut. This is Firefox security feature.
- "Shift" alone is not possible, it can only be with "Ctrl" or "Alt" .. See "Shortcut values" in https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/manifest.json/commands
- Ok I will see if I can also add a shortcut to open BSP2 in a tab -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/130
- par Yuri, il y a 4 moisNoté 5 sur 5Exactly what I was looking for! So much easier to get around in the bookmarks now. The icons look a little bit antiquated, though. Anyway, an extremely useful tool. Thanks.
- par blankon, il y a 5 moisNoté 5 sur 5hi, nice addons and thx for your effort, its almost perfect, except...
"Bookmark search plus 2" only working on sidebar, and my sidebar already used by addons "tree style tab" with thousand tab, ineffective to switch due load time...
what do you think, to better organize and integration with most popular addons like "tree style tab",
to add embed window or organize bookmark on new tab, like addons "bookmark manager view" does.
=================== Edit ===============
perfect, I just edit my rating too,
I missed that feature, because the button in the hidden place.
is there any hotkey/button to access it? (without switching my sidebar first)
*as I told to you, I can't switch my sidebar easily because there is, "tree style tab"
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 moisHello @blankon, you can already run BSP2 in a new tab. Simply click on the magnifier glass button in the search box, and click "Open BSP2 in a tab" in the menu. Hope this meets your need :-)
For integration with "Tree Style Tab" add-on, this would require the developer of that add-on to allow other add-ons to open sub-windows inside it, which is not the case today (to my knowledge). Maybe in future if he/she adds that integration feature ?
Thank you, aaFn.
=================== Edit ===============
In 2.0.73, I added the function to "Open BSP2 in a tab" on the right click menu of the BSP2 icon in the toolbar.
This allows you to keep "Tree Style Tab" in your sidebar, and to activate the feature without switching TST first.
This should answer your need, cheers aaFn.
- par Bogo, il y a 6 moisNoté 5 sur 5I am TOTALLY happy with this addon!!!! I only use the sidebar BSP2 instead of the genuine Bookmark-sidebar.
Is it possible, that you even integrate the option, that when clicking on a folder, that another open folder collapses (closes)? It is a pain to always close a used folder, before opening another folder (otherwise the list within the sidebar gets longer and longer and longer as all opened folders stay open...)
AND: Could you integrate the possibility of expanding all folders and closing all folders?
Thank you for thinking about this. I am very grateful for all your efforts....
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHello @Bogo, thank you. Interesting idea that opening a folder closes all others at same level .. I'll look at adding it as an option.
On the other one, yes this is planned, it's going to come soon now -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/31
=================== Edit ===============
Version 2.0.71 is now published, with the possibility of expanding all folders and closing all folders as an Advanced submenu in the context menu.
- par DanC, il y a 6 moisNoté 3 sur 5Have been using BMS+2 for several months as it is the closest approximation of the old, wonderful Opera bookmark search that found bookmarks IN CONTEXT as opposed to FF presenting them in isolation. In large part, BMS+2 works well except one can't add a description while in its mode.
However, I have always been flummoxed with the appearance of TWO bookmark trees one for FF and one for BMS+2. How can that be? This morning I clicked on a BM to delete it but it wouldn't delete. Then I went to FF BM tree and some BMs I saved in BMS+2 were not there. So I restarted FF and all of my BMs saved today were gone.
What kind of weird behavior is that??
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHello DanC.
yes I too was missing the old Opera function which they removed. I was then using Firefox and the first version of this add-on by Alice0775, before Firefox switched to Web Extensions in FF57 and deactivated XUL for add-ons, which broke the that add-on. So I decided to give a second birth to it (hence the "2"), however there are several restrictions as documented on the add-on description page.
One is that Firefox doesn't give us access to Tags, Keywords, Descriptions .. see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225916
Some others are Firefox API slowness when add-on use some functions .. which forced me to implement caching techniques and other features to be able to handle properly large number of bookmarks of some users (up to 80000 bookmarks for now).
And last is that because XUL is not authorized anymore, BSP2 cannot integrate with Firefox UI, it has to provide its own UI, and so this is why you have 2 trees.
Because of that, there are opportunities for Firefox and BSP2 cache to get desynchronized.
Rare, but can happen, especially when FF doesn't terminate well. For such cases, you will find a "Reload all bookmarks from FF now" button in the options page. I advise that in your case, you press it to resync things.
If you're worried about such desynchronization events more than slowness, or if you are fortunate to not have a lot of bookmarks and then things are quick enough, you can also enable the option "Revert to old behavior of loading full bookmark tree from Firefox API at each restart". BSP2 will be slowlier at each restart, but there won't be any desynchronization.
i hope this helps, else please open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues. Thanks, aaFn.