- Noté 5 sur 55 Stars for this incredibly useful extension ! Thank you 2 the developer :).
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHello, the search function is usually very fast. Could you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues to investigate together ?
On multi-selection, yes this is in the todo list https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/29
that will come :-)
- Noté 5 sur 5Simply excellent!
This is exactly what I've been expecting Mozilla to implement in Firefox (for years! but in vain): locate one given bookmark in my large bookmarks folders tree. Luckily, aaFn did it :) Thank you so much!
If I were to make a little suggestion: would it be possible to remove the extension _version_number_ from the side tool bar, this makes a long string ("Bookmark search plus 2 v2.0.64") that doesn't fit entirely in my side tool bar ;) Plus one doesn't expect to read about the version number there (but rather on the extension configuration page). Thanks. And congratulations for your professional consciousness (great efforts put in documenting your extension, transparency, privacy-awareness, kindness to end users...)!
Looking forward to help translating your extension to French as soon as feasible (what would be the best way to monitor the evolution of this announced internationalization feature btw?).
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHello GNU/Val, thank you for the review.
Indeed, now the version is available by hovering on the magnifying glass icon, and also on the toolbar icon, so it is superflouous in the sidebar title, your comment is good. I will remove it in 2.0.65 to make that shorter.
Internationalization is tracked through an issue on GitHub -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/62
I didn't start for now, still acting on functions.
Thank you, aaFn.
------------- Update ---------------
The version is removed from the extension name on the sidebar, as of 2.0.65. Thanks, aaFn.
- Noté 5 sur 5Fantastic! You did an outstanding job giving us the functionality of the old obsolete extension! In fact, I like it better -- it has more functionality. Two instances of it can independently operate side-by-side: in the sidebar and in an adjacent tab. This functionality can be very useful and powerful. Thanks!
- Noté 4 sur 5causes OOM small in firefox 68, see also
https://www.camp-firefox.de/forum/thema/128274-addon-f%C3%BCr-anzeige-des-orts-der-lesezeichen/?postID=1119715#post1119715Hello Registrierter Benutzer, ok, can you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues so that we track this down ?
I also see that https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx (Speravir ?) suggested some customizations specific to BSP2. If you can bring him in, we could also see how to integrate better maybe ?
- Noté 4 sur 5Why can't anyone make a Addon that searches for folders!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for something that finds the NAMES of folders and have found none. I really like this addon however can the developer make this perfect by adding search folder functionality. Thanks.Hello jon482, this add-on searches for any bookmark item, be they folders or bookmarks.
For folders, this is using their title, which is what I believe you call their name.
For bookmarks, this is using their title or their url, whichever matches.
So it does what you want .. or let me know what I am missing.
If there is a feature you would like to see added, please ask here -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues
Thank you, aaFn.
- Noté 3 sur 5Hi! Thanks for this extension! Not too bad! It is really great that it includes also bookmark library folders in the list of results.
- full page display (dragging the left bookmark search plus 2 sidebar is limited to approx a third of the window width)
- text cursor should jump right in the search field in order to immediately type the search string (without need to click firs in the search field)
- in preferences: what does it mean "Show bookmarks"? I don't see that function
- good to provide these preferences options:
* leave open or close bsp2 sidebar after clicking on a bookmark to open the bookmark
* to either open the tree or open the folder entirely (abonding tree structure display), when clicking on a folder (like browsing in a mac finder window)
* disable favicon fetching without they disappear in bookmark library
Thanks!Hello smooth operator, thank you.
In the order, for the 3 first:
- Right click on the magnifing glass in the search box, and click on "Open BSP2 in a tab" .. you'll get what you want :-) (I will make it a more visible menu in a further release)
- As said in response to a review below, that works with Linux, but not with Windows. This is a bug open on Firefox -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502713 ... need to wait for FF bug correction.
- "Show bookmark" is the default action when clicking on a search result. Also shown in the context menu when right clicking on a search result. That action scrolls the main panel to where is located the bookmark item corresponding to the result.
- Noté 5 sur 5Excellent. I've been waiting for this for a long time.
- Noté 1 sur 5Here is what this addon asks when you install it.
"Store unlimited amount of client-side data"
To ask such a request is INADMISSIBLE and nothing short of theft of the highest level. It can also leads to unbelievable penalizing use of your storage space on your computer.
Any developer who makes such a request is to be considered with a very high level of suspicion, as it is a highly fraudulent request. Shame on you the developer to make such a request.
There cannot be any justifiable reason to make such a request except for fraudulent purposes!!!Hello, all is explained here -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/wiki/Permissions-and-Privacy-policy
The 2 reasons for a bigger amount of storage than 5 MB are because:
- Firefox does not give access to favicons, so they have to be stored in local storage https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315616 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1411120
- Firefox is very slow on the query to get all bookmarks and so to be fast on next starts after 1st run, the add-on has to cache them in local storage https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1396364
and some users have very large amouns of bookmarks (> 80000), so 5 MB is not enough.
By the way, if you have any doubt, the code is plain open and FULLY COMMENTED FOR READABILITY, anybody can read and look at it to verify.
Thank you for your understanding, aaFn.
- Noté 5 sur 5Superb Add-on!
I was looking for a bookmarking add-on that would display folders, and subfolders in the results, as well as the webpages.
This add-on allows users to find a bookmark folder with a particular name: simply by searching for the folder's name.
If you then click on the folder in the search results its location will be highlighted in the bookmark tree: Ideal!
This is an excellent add-on!
Congratulations to the creator/creators!
Keep up the excellent work!
- Noté 4 sur 5This is the best firefox bookmark organizer I ever installed.
The only little thing that will make my experience complete is the auto-focus on "Search bookmarks.." when the Side Pane appears. Now I am forced to click with the mouse :) #nomouse :)
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 8 moisHello taharqa, thank you.
Yes, a bug was open on Firefox 8 months ago -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502713
Need to wait that it is corrected, I didn't find a workaround so far.
Update, in Linux Firefox 67.0 I see that it works, so this is only on Windows Firefox that we are waiting for the fix to come ..
- Noté 5 sur 5Thank you so much for this! Exactly what I need!
- Noté 2 sur 5It does not show the folder where the bookmark is contained. I tried the following, as suggested by aaFn:
- When you search, a new panel opens with the list of matching bookmark items.
- Then click on the one you want to show and the main panel will scroll down to show the corresponding item in the real list, with its sibblings around and ancestors above.
- If the list of sibblings is big and you do not see the parent folder, simply right click on the bookmark item and select "Go parent folder".
I don't know what the "main panel" is but the location is not shown anywhere.
Right clicking on the bookmark does not show "Go parent folder" either.Hello Firefoss, if you do not see the "Go parent folder" on right click, that can only mean that you are not using the BSP2 add-on sidebar = you are probably on the native FF bookmark sidebar. You need to switch to the BSP2 one.
You should see at top right a yellow star with a +, inside in the toolbar -> click on it to see BSP2 sidebar appears / disappear
When you are on the BSP2 sidebar (not on the FF native sidebar), If you still do not see the "Go parent folder" action on right click, please open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues so that we investigate (which FF version do you have, which OS, a screenshot of the BSP2 sidebar if possible with the right click menu open .. etc ..).
Let me know, aaFn.
- Noté 5 sur 5Can't praise enough for this Addons ! Its like developer read my mind and this extension comes to rescue. It is immensely helpful for solving problem of duplicate bookmarks.
- Noté 5 sur 5great work thanks ... an annoying bug though : when using drag and drop from the firefox (66) address bar to the treeview, the bookmark title is concatened to the bookmark address so opening the bookmark fails and i have to manually modify the address to achieve the openingHello rf, indeed, didn't notice the bug before.
I opened an issue for that https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/101
and will look at correcting in 2.0.61.
Edit: corrected in 2.0.61
- Noté 5 sur 5Amazing Addon!!
Wish though there are a few other background color options in addition to current white.Hello James Band, indeed you are not the first one asking for that.
I'll list it as a needed feature to come in a later release -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/100
Now available as of 2.0.68.