Noté 4,6 sur 5
4,6 étoiles sur 5
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14179994 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5I love this app, but I wish it would also allow you to do tags and keywords like the regular firefox bookmarks do!Hello, yes we would all love to, but no app can do that for now, this is not provided by Firefox :-(
If you can vote on Bugzilla to get this promoted, please do so .. it is P3 right now, and 4 years old -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225916
- par wtfs, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5no method to select multiple bookmark at sametime in the sidebar, such as holding ctrl or shift keys to select multiple bookmark to move or delete.
- par loutvi, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5addresses effectively the need of easily identifying the containing folder of a bookmark in Firefox; a feature which is desperately missing as built-in in firefox since ever
- par John Corliss, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Works as advertised, but I'm using the current version of Firefox along with Nirsoft's Currports. I started noticing that under certain conditions, this extension opens ports to all my bookmarked IP addresses. This always causes me lots of problems, bogs down Firefox to a crawl. To prevent this from happening, I was disabling favicon fetching in options. But since this setting keeps getting changed back to allowing favicon fetching for some reason, I'm going to have to remove this extension. In my opinion, the developer needs to make disable favicon fetching by default. Either that, or remove the use of favicons completely from the extension.Hello John Corliss, correct, when installing the add-on, it retrieves once each favicon directly on their page and caches them. This is because FF does not give access to its own DB of favicons :-(
You can let it go and then it stops when all favicons are fetched (duration of the phase will obviously depend on the number of bookmark items you have), or as you did you stop fetching and then miss the little favicons. This will get better when FF fixes the above bug / adds the function.
Thank you, aaFn.
- par joe, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5I want this to open filesystem bookmarks (of the form "file://PATH" ) just like the stock bookmarks sidebar. Is this possible?Hello Joe, unfortunate:ly this is forbidden by Firefox Security rules, an Add-on cannot open surch URL's, these are trapped as security exceptions and the process is interrupted.
- par sylye00, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5Awesome addon, one that I looking for after the new Firefox eliminated many good addon last time. Now I finally able to search the folder of my bookmarks again ! Works great !
- par infonutt, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Update 5/4/20: I somehow lost this addon in whatever/whenever FF updates and I only just found it again. I still stand by my review. Thank you! This time I aim to make sure it stays with me!
You are literally a God send! I can not tell you the number of FF updates I refused to do after Bookmark search plus would no longer work. The very first time I reverted back to the former version to keep it and then I never updated until FF forced me to - and then I hated them, more than figuratively. The only reason my eye was drawn this is b/c I did such an extensive search on Alice0775. I researched her every which way to Sunday.
All to no avail, of course!
But my efforts are now rewarded b/c I recognize her name in your description.
So THANK YOU!!!! I have long waited for this return. I SO appreciate you!!
From my initial use, it is awesome! Works just like it needs to. The added cut and paste is brilliant. Thanks again!!Hello, welcome, and happy this is meeting your need :-)
Your frustration was exactly what happened to me also with FF 57 / Quantum, and which motivated me to take over this sequel, since Alice0775 apparently stopped doing anything on it https://github.com/alice0775/userChrome.js/issues/37#issuecomment-363050019
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15207357 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 55 Stars for this incredibly useful extension ! Thank you 2 the developer :).Hello, the search function is usually very fast. Could you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues to investigate together ?
On multi-selection, yes this is in the todo list https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/29
that will come :-)
- par GNU/Val, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Simply excellent!
This is exactly what I've been expecting Mozilla to implement in Firefox (for years! but in vain): locate one given bookmark in my large bookmarks folders tree. Luckily, aaFn did it :) Thank you so much!
If I were to make a little suggestion: would it be possible to remove the extension _version_number_ from the side tool bar, this makes a long string ("Bookmark search plus 2 v2.0.64") that doesn't fit entirely in my side tool bar ;) Plus one doesn't expect to read about the version number there (but rather on the extension configuration page). Thanks. And congratulations for your professional consciousness (great efforts put in documenting your extension, transparency, privacy-awareness, kindness to end users...)!
Looking forward to help translating your extension to French as soon as feasible (what would be the best way to monitor the evolution of this announced internationalization feature btw?).Hello GNU/Val, thank you for the review.
Indeed, now the version is available by hovering on the magnifying glass icon, and also on the toolbar icon, so it is superflouous in the sidebar title, your comment is good. I will remove it in 2.0.65 to make that shorter.
Internationalization is tracked through an issue on GitHub -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/62
I didn't start for now, still acting on functions.
Thank you, aaFn.
------------- Update ---------------
The version is removed from the extension name on the sidebar, as of 2.0.65. Thanks, aaFn.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15164096 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Fantastic! You did an outstanding job giving us the functionality of the old obsolete extension! In fact, I like it better -- it has more functionality. Two instances of it can independently operate side-by-side: in the sidebar and in an adjacent tab. This functionality can be very useful and powerful. Thanks!
- par Registrierter Benutzer, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5causes OOM small in firefox 68, see also
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 ansHello Registrierter Benutzer, ok, can you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues so that we track this down ?
I also see that https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx (Speravir ?) suggested some customizations specific to BSP2. If you can bring him in, we could also see how to integrate better maybe ?
- par jon482, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Why can't anyone make a Addon that searches for folders!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for something that finds the NAMES of folders and have found none. I really like this addon however can the developer make this perfect by adding search folder functionality. Thanks.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 ansHello jon482, this add-on searches for any bookmark item, be they folders or bookmarks.
For folders, this is using their title, which is what I believe you call their name.
For bookmarks, this is using their title or their url, whichever matches.
So it does what you want .. or let me know what I am missing.
If there is a feature you would like to see added, please ask here -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues
Thank you, aaFn.