Noté 4,5 sur 5
4,5 étoiles sur 5
- par Neophile, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Well, this add-on is quite good and works exactly how I need, but I am missing very much another another one Alice had, which saved me so much time ans nerves. I am talking about the Go Parent Folder in FF library. Maybe you could are it work with the present versions of FF, please? Give us an idea. I tried to tell her this through her site, but it is very difficult and is all written in Japanese and you know Google does not translate many things in there.
Thank you for your reply. I know about the changes with FF extensions. The information about it was published about one year before it happened. What I meant was a suggestion to adapt alice0075's Go to Parent Folder like you did with this one. I still have the xpi file, now useless, of course.Hello Neophile, the new WebExtension mode of FF, which is the only one remaining (alice0775 was a XUL extension, this is not allowed anymore by FF), does not permit an add-on to function from within the bookmark library so far. So I didn't find any way yet to do what you suggest.
I tried also to see with alice0775 when publishing this follow up, but it appears alice0775 is not wanting to work with WebExtensions for now.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13909246 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Very nice work, many thanks.
Favicons are retrieved even when the user has set Firefox to block favicons everywhere:
// disable favicons in shortcuts
// disable favicons in tabs and new bookmarks
// disable favicons in web notifications
Having 'Bookmark search plus 2' respect Firefox's favicons' settings would be appreciated.
EDIT after developer's response :
Since it is not possible to synchronize the favicons' display with that of Firefox maybe an option specific yo BSP2 regarding Favicons would do it, as for instance in the 'Flagfox' extension, such as 'Favicons Yes/No'
This is neither an issue nor even a true enhancement, but an option for users who wish not to retrieve Website icons (which by the way also adds time to the process). I think more users than we may imagine block favicons.
The idea is that I don't see why connections to sites would be performed for accomplishing a task (localizing a bookmark in the Library) which is basically an off-line process.
EDIT 2 :
Version 2.0.15 now includes a 'Disable favicon fetching' option : rating updated from 4 to 5 starts.Hello Makaversky, thank you.
Unfortunately, WebExtension add-ons do not have access to those settings, these are not exposed by the browser.browserSettings API.
So until these settings are made visible in some manner by Firefox to WebExtension add-ons, BSP2 won't be able to know about them :-( Sorry for that.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13859248 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Thank you for resurrecting "Bookmark search plus" !!
1.) In the Firefox Control-B, if you right-click and select Properties there are Keywords and Description fields. These are missing from your Control-Q right-click, Properties dialog. :-( :-(
2.) Please add search for Tags, Keywords and Description fields
3.) When you right-click on a bookmark, the context menu pops up. If you click Esc, it exits and closes the context menu - good. However, if when the context menu is showing, if you click elsewhere off of the context menu (like on an open browser page) then Esc no longer works to get you out of the context menu.click something in the menu. Suggestion: when you click elsewhere, close the context menu.Hello, thank you for the comments.
Indeed, this is facing 2 limitation from Firefox WebExtensions API =
1) & 2) Tags, Keywords and Description are not made available to add-ons.
See Bugzilla https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225916
and dev documentation https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks/BookmarkTreeNode
No such field ... => no way to get that today :-( (note: the bug is only 2 years old, there is hope ..)
3) Events occurring out of the frame (sidebar) where the add-on is running are not dispatched to the add-on by FF.
So when you click outside the sidebar, like on an open browser page, the add-on is not informed and does not get any event. Same for keys .. => nothing can happen as the add-on simply doesn't know.
However, when you click anywhere else inside the sidebar, the context menu gets closed.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12623088 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Finally an extension that shows parent folder. Good job!
For some reason, after performing a search, the results keep flashing as though it keeps refreshing. That's a problem because when I try to scroll down the results list, it refreshes after 1-2 seconds and sends me back to the top. I don't see an option to turn off this constant refreshing.
I'm sure the developer will fix this, so I'll still give it 5 stars. I'm happy to have the parent folder search.
Thank you!EDIT: thank you for opening the Issue. Thinking twice .. I know what is the problem, it is a side effect of a 2.0.9 improvement which happens only for new users of the add-on. And it happens only during initial favicon fetching. I will correct this overlook in 2.0.10. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hello syncup, strange, this normally only happens when there is a modification to a bookmark in background ... which should not be often at all ..
Would you mind opening an Issue here -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues ?
A few questions, if you can add corresopnding answers in the Issue:
- do you have any other add-on related to bookmarks installed besides BSP2 ?
- is the refreshing persisting all time and until you close the search pane, or stopping after a few moments ?
Thank you, aAfn.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13821345 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 1 sur 5This Add-on mixed all my > 2.500 (!) Bookmarks. Absolute horror.
Thank goodness I've got a backup. Only need Parent Folder. Keep on lookin.Hello, sorry about the bad experience. Could you be more specific about the problem and what you were doing when it happened ?
The add-on is doing nothing on the bookmarks themselves, it just displays them.
It is doing something on a bookmark only when you decide to act on it, and then this is only affecting that bookmark, going through the FF bookmark API's. So there's very little chance to corrupt anything, and this is very limited in scope.
I would need more details to understand what happened and to correct if there is any bug indeed, and would be grateful if you can share more.
Let me know here, or best would be to report on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues if you are ok to do that as it is better to exchange and track correction.
Thank you in advance, Aafn.