- by CyberB, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5Wow, I'm so impressed I've actually registered to write this comment !
So I have been testing many ways to download the best audio quality from YT video. I've tried several online downloaders and apps and compared the output audio quality they offer.
But why there is such variety of audio formats and bitrates in audio files between many applications downloading from the same YT video ?
Because they all convert YT audio into another lossy format !
And then I found this extension ! When you download "audio only mp4" it doesn't convert anything, it lets you download audio file directly from google/YT servers and it's identical to origal audio you can hear while watching HD movie on YT (I've checked!) ! :)
So it's amazing extendion!
My only suggestion would be to change extension of downloaded "audio only mp4" file to m4a or mp4a ,so it wouldn't look like real video file.
- by Michael, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5I highly suspect this add on of loading malware address which the antivirus catches. Many of the add ons on firefox are dangerous for security; the vpn misuses our facebook and so on.
- by DudeManDeuce, 25 days agoRated 5 out of 5I couldn't get the native client to work, but this allows me to download the full HD video and audio separately. Then I just stitch them together with ffmpeg. That's all I need.
- by libre, a month agoRated 4 out of 5I archived an entire channel using this addon with little hiccups, one video after another in bulk - sometimes you have to switch between downloading in WEBM instead of MP4, but nevertheless cases when that happens are rare and hardly ever is this addon unable to download a video. Definitely worth using
- by Another User, a month agoRated 4 out of 5This extension works as intended. Thanks a lot!.
The one thing that would make it a 5 Stars one would be:
- Add an option to show only Audio-only / Video-Only / Full-Videos links.
Or at least sort the available links in the order: "Full Videos / Audio-only files / Video-only files"... as that's quite probably the order that most users would use.
Two more suggestions:
- Add an option to only show certain formats (ie, only MP4/MP4A).
- Add an option to "Auto-close the BIG A** orange frame" once the user has started a download :-D