Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by zwei7, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5When downgrading to version 0.94 (the one that actually still works) remember to:
1. remove version 1.0.9 found in Firefox extensions:
type "about:addons" in the top address/search bar
2. download the old version 0.94
3. disable automatic updates
Otherwise Firefox will "upgrade" it to 1.0.9 and this extension will stop working!
The 0.94 version sorta sucks since you cannot rename the files prior to downloading, only after so you mus wait if it is a huge video file.
- by Firefox user 15472984, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5[Review 11-3-2020]
Just posting review to signal boost why it stopped working:
Apparently 10-23-2020, the RIAA filed a DMCA takedown against the code repositories, used by extensions like this, to download YT videos. Cause "piracy". I too thought it was the Firefox update, but no. It's been said that v0.9.4 still works, and it seems to, but not for anything with "music".
A few days ago I saved a couple videos with "music", but now, those types of videos are blocked, with a new "cannot resolve signature" error. Even indie YT music NOT licensed by a big label seems affected.
Videos without "music" seem to work though. Note that v0.9.4 links are a little more confusing. If you want the 60fps vids, I'm pretty sure they're available, but not labeled. You'll see two of the same labels (like two 720p links), but one will have a larger file size - that should be the 60fps one.
Here's more info:
- by ・w・, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5It seems that DL is possible when combined with the old version of this Add-in as other people have supplemented.
(In this environment
You can now download with the combination of Firefox 78.4.0esr (64-bit) + YouTube Video and Audio Downloader version 0.9.4.
(Translated into English by Google Translate. I'm sorry if the nuance is wrong)