- by Firefox user 14078353, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Update on 2022-01-22:
1.1.8 doesn't work for me so I had to go back to 188.8.131.52 by (1) scrolling down on the addon's main page until "Version History" is seen (2) clicking on "See all versions" (3) finding older version 184.108.40.206 and clicking link below it "Download File"
Original review from 4 years ago:
I have used this so much for archiving youtube-only content. It works fantastically and cleanly. I used to use Flashgot, but this is an adequate replacement (since I mostly need downloads from youtube).
Thank you RayLo!
- by J@yp33, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Stopped working after 2022.01.13 update.
I loved this add-on because of not only it's the fastest downloader that i've used to work together with turbo downloader add-on (up to 3Mbps vs 82 to 150kbps with Easy Downloader), but also with the clever and neat placement of the download icon. Unlike other that just put a Download button with the word "download" bigger that other things you'll ever see in the page.
I hope this works again on the next update. Will be patient with the other downloader but will keep checking for updates on this every time i can.
- by Weller, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Dear developer!
It hasn't converted to mp3 in a while after downloading videos. Native client installed, ffmpeg installed, browser settings unchanged. I didn't change anything and all of a sudden I stopped making mp3s. What could be the problem? Thanks :-)
- by spikepage, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is generally an excellent product, but as others may have said, the latest version is for some reason not working (perhaps due to an update in YT's UI), but you can go back to the versions page and download an earlier version that appears to be working normally. I'm having good results with Ver 1.16.
- by datart, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5new updated version is not working yet. i am sure it will get fixed. in the mean time, i downloaded the last stable version and it works fine. i will update once i see the bugs are worked out. don't rate the app 1 star if you can't figure out to remove and reinstall with last working version. not fair to the developer of this great extension. thanks mate for this tool.
- by Hellrazer001, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5I have used this for Many Many years and it has been Great.
At the Moment Version 1.1.8 The Hour Glass either freezes or just keeps spinning.
Rolling back to 220.127.116.11 has fixed it, I was getting slow downloads for months with this version, but after quite a few attempts at completely removing and reinstalling, it now seems to be downloading properly again.
- by level6, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5These are the hardest working devs on the Internet. I have been using this plugin forever, and it has worked 90% of the time. The other 10% is YouTube's fault for changing things up, but these guys are always on TOP of it, man. For now, going back to 1.1.6 will fix most of your issues, until they get to the new problems. Just go back to the main page, under "More Information" box, under "Version History" click on "See all versions" and find 1.1.6 and click that download link.
- by Firefox user 14036946, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Latest version now freezes Firefox. Older versions no longer display the previous icon on YouTube and no longer download at fast speed and instead go at a crawling 50kb/s. This used to be my favourite YouTube downloader extension, but whether YouTube has changed something or the developers have screwed something up, this extension no longer is the only functional YouTube downloader, as they're all equally shit now. Such a shame.