- by Firefox user 12680361, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Although it doesn't work with current versions of Firefox I used an older version and can now see the menus again. (I have a large screen monitor). I hope you and Firefox come up with a new version that works soon. Thanks!
- by azara, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I downloaded the file for tfasc which anonymous wrote on here then went to my extensions in firefox addons, on the settings it asks if you want to install addon from file and it installed immediately now I can see the menus better, mind you I did not upgrade to firefox 57 I kept 56, and I will not upgrade to 57, at least I have theme, font and size changer back on my laptop and I have version 56 of tfasc
- by Darwin4Ever, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5What's always going on with these Baris Derin addons ?
Suddenly TFSC no longer works on TB
What's the latest version working on TB 52.5.2 ?
Where can I find old versions of Addons ?
It's a pity things are being messed up so frequently (partly initiated by Mozilla and it's Web-Extentions hype)
- by Firefox user 12532059, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is a great ad-on, when it is not being updated. It suddenly disappears from the toolbar menu, and all settings with it. So you have to go search for an update.
THIS time (Jan 8, 2018) it seems it's broken, and cannot be fixed.
Shoddy programming, really.
- by JK, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately the mediafire version only worked for a day for me. I found the following on Mozilla support though and it worked fine for me:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste pix and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and change its value to 1.25 and click OK, which corresponds to 125% font size in Windows display settings. The toolbar area should enlarge after a few moments. Too small? Try 1.5 and see whether that suits you better. And so on. If you are on Mac and use a Retina display, anything below 2.0 may be smaller than what you started with, so start with 2.0.
I don't if anyone has any idea what the problem is as without this add on I am going to really struggle to use the internet.
- by Firefox user 13668954, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Worst day of my life... this mourning Thunderbird on my both MACs has been automatically updated and now this Addon in not working. Tried to roll back to the old version but that does not helped. My eyes are bleeding when I reading my Emails folders (((
Please help me, love Thunderird, but my eyes are crying ;((
- by Firefox user 13667996, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Version 46.5 works with Firefox ESR 52.5.3
Download the file, drag it onto the addons screen, confirm install prompt
Make sure you have disabled automatic updates for the addon (double click it at "Add-ons Manager" screen, scroll down, select "Off" for "Automatic Updates")
- by Firefox user 13458735, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5This is an awesome program that makes the unreadable font in fire fox readable. I would rate this app with 5 stars, since the author decided to be shady and add an expiration date i can only rate it at a TWO. Thanks to everyone who made a work around for this amazing app shame the author is shady though. I wish they would allowed us to continue enjoying this app.
- by Firefox user 13667712, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5@Hackodis
I previously rated it at 5 stars; wish I could give it negative now.
Mozilla ought to pull this.
57 does not work with FF 57.
56 no longer works with FF 56.
Maybe a class action lawsuit by us folks with bad eyesight ...
Anyone with a way to make the add on work in a Mac OS (10.11)? Everything posted here and elsewhere is Windows.
Main thing I need is the bold.
I'd gladly pay for an app or utility that does what 56 did - or pay Boris ...
- by Skeptical Bright, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5It just stopped working for firefox and thunderbird yesterday (Fri, Jan5). The text in the view is so smaller I cannot read it, especially in Thunderbird
- by Firefox user 12252317, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5@GVP
Thanks for the hint but the site says "This is effectively an unsigned version and thus cannot be installed for Firefox" and Firefox really refuses to install it, any other idea ?
I do not use Thunderbird and would only need it for Firefox but see above
Well, I just uninstalled the addon and now Firefox seems to use the general Windows font settings I set longer time ago, rather too big in some places (address bar etc.) but necessary in some other programs very probably and better than too small anyway so maybe this will be a solution for some other people, too
- by Firefox user 13665382, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I found a workaround for the loss of TFSC that works on Firefox.
1. Create a "userChrome.css" text file: https://www.howtogeek.com/334716/how-to-customize-firefoxs-user-interface-with-userchrome.css/
2. Add the code found here for "Global UI font": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts
Change parameters as desired.
3. For bold font add this line before the end symbol: font-weight: bold ! important;
Change parameters as desired.
4. Save file and restart Firefox. There may be other parameters available but these were all I needed,
- by Firefox user 13665263, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I too was having the same problem as many others have posted about (extension stops working and no icon in toolbar even when installing old verisons). I was able to fix it by installing an even older one, Version 46.5. There still is no icon to click, but you can access it from the Tools menu in Firefox. It seems to work fine now, just make sure to disable automatic updates!
- by Firefox user 13664946, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've used this add for years and in general it is a godsend.
Periodically however it just falls over.
Last night my fonts reverted to their microscopic version.
I checked and found a new release.
As in the past I remove all old versions and then install per the instructions.
For TB the TF&S change should be visible in 2 places.
I have zero.
I am showing V62 as enabled and installed but that's all.
As said a truly great add on that really should be a part of TB BUT ONLY WHEN IT WORKS.
- by KCNewsie, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not enjoying it one bit today! All of us have spent hours trying to fix this font issue .... I'm not a programmer and not comfortable with the work-around offered. Thunderbird--big fix for all, please!!