- by Firefox user 13664946, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've used this add for years and in general it is a godsend.
Periodically however it just falls over.
Last night my fonts reverted to their microscopic version.
I checked and found a new release.
As in the past I remove all old versions and then install per the instructions.
For TB the TF&S change should be visible in 2 places.
I have zero.
I am showing V62 as enabled and installed but that's all.
As said a truly great add on that really should be a part of TB BUT ONLY WHEN IT WORKS.
- by KCNewsie, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not enjoying it one bit today! All of us have spent hours trying to fix this font issue .... I'm not a programmer and not comfortable with the work-around offered. Thunderbird--big fix for all, please!!
- by zbyna, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am using this addon in thunderbird too and there is a fix available and it works but only for thunderbird where I applied it without problem. Please see:
It is not possible to install adjusted addon back to the firefox maybe due to signing addons which is required by firefox.
But there is another important aspect: the creator of this addon implemented time check into source code which was needed to remove
to ensure proper function in Thunderbird. Please see details in forum link I posted above.
Many thanks mrx2020, HackerKitty, P. Maigron for spotting this. And of course the same "time check" is in source code for firefox too. I do not judge anybody just inform abou the issue which prevents me from using firefox and thunderbird properly.
Edit: posible workaround for firefox thanks Eckard :
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");
@namespace svg url("http://www.w3.org/2000/svg");
font-family:Comic Sans MS !important;
- by Firefox user 13664715, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Downloaded the TFSC date code fix that was detailed by "Anonymous user cf029c" and I can see menus and bookmarks in FF again. Thank you! Your instructions were clear and easy to follow.
- by Firefox user 13664704, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Baris, I am on the latest version of Firefox, using your latest version of this add-on...yet I have the problem too. It isn't functioning for me at all, so something is definitely wrong, here.
- by Firefox user 10299660, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5What happened with this add on, today? On every pc in my family, 7 computers total, TFSC stopped working. No updates were installed. Automatic updates are turned off. Every computer hast FF ESR 52.5.3 64 bit installed.
Did everyone get a "deactivate" signal from an external source??? Am I the only one with this theory?
- by Firefox user 13664369, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5So this guy Berin or Gerin wants access to all data for every website I visit in exchange for the use of this add-on? This guy has lost his mind. I'd rather buy it (one time) with no access to him for anything.
- by Firefox user 12532989, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Helpful info.. (I've been here before because of nonworking TFSC) and my old eyes need help, like a lot of peeps showing up here :)
First, I only use PC Waterfox 64bit 54ver. and I use Thunderbird 32bit 52ver. I have ALL my addon's turned off and not to update including WF and TB. I realize now, That Firefox and Thunderbird will never add some helpful font adjustments for our bad eyes :(
If you read through the reviews. You'll see some info reviews on how to download and install a non expiring version of TFSC on earlier version of FF, Waterfox, TB. I only wanted to help people because I feel their pain on not being able to see and need help and remember to turn off all updates that includes FF, TB, WF. . I still want to give props to the Author of TFSC. Thx you!
- by Firefox user 13664277, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5it did work fine until today..... suddenly i can´t access it anymore and everything is small again.
deinstalled and reinstalled the addon but it does not appear in thunderbird 52.5.2.
don´t know if mozilla messed around again... can only say i is not working anymore. hope it will be fixed soon.
i thought the web extension stuff ony affects firefox 57??
- by Firefox user 13664133, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Why the Version 56 even on Firefox 56.02 stop working !! why you do that ???? the add_on working great until this afternoon !
CAN YOU PLEASE FIX IT !
- by Firefox user 13023279, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Ich finde das add-on Spitze auf Thunderbird. Aber leider scheint es auf meinen Firefox ESR 52.5.3 nicht zu funktionieren? Schade. Warum ist dies so?
- by Firefox user 13644046, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon firefox menus are too small to see without it.
This addon shouldn't exist there should just be a firefox option to increase menu font size but there's not, and this addon filled the gaping usability design flaw left by mozilla.
But Firefox killed it. : (
In firefox's constant quest to make a crappier version with less features and capabilities every revision, they made it so this addon will no longer function for safety reasons.
Thanks Mozilla I'm safer but now I can't see the menus. >:(
- by KyuubiHime, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I just updated Firefox and I can't change my Theme back to what I had it on.... It's says 'disabled' and when I try to enable it, nothing happens at all... How can I fix this??
- by Firefox user 13602085, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5This was a great extension before Firefox updated to the Quantum version. Most of the functionality is now gone and the extension is basically worthless.