- by cec, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm using FF 52 and went as far back to v51 of this addon trying to find one that works. None did. Apart from the entry in the addon manager, there was no sign that it had installed - no toolbar option, no status bar icon. Nothing.
- by Firefox user 13782728, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Add on does not work with FF Quantum. All the advice I find on any of these pages involves files, extensions, changing this and that in your computer. You need to be a damn programmer to figure it out! Mozilla just create a simple easy to use and understand way for us to increase the size of the text in the Firefox menus. It was there before you can do it again. I have computer glasses and this is causing eye strain!!
- by SeeNoFont~SpeakEvil, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I am so glad this was updated for Thunderbird, now if we could only get a version that works with the Waterfox browser which I just switched to today from Firefox 56 since I don't like Quantum and all my addons seem to work so far except for this one. I can't get any of the suggested fixes to work, even deleting the expiration date in the Theme Font Changer xpi file. Waterfox is suppose to open an independent browser add-on store so maybe that will help the issue.
Thanks for the hard work that goes into these addons, they make life noticeably less annoying.
- by Firefox user 12367481, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5A Call For Help ~ TFSC Needs to be Fixed or Remade - Don't give up on this Add-On
This is a sorely needed add-on that many many people have came to rely on. I'm not here to blame Baris for an add-on that doesn't work but to mention how by this time Mozilla should have come with an 'In Built' version of this TFSC function as PART of Firefox itself. It's hard to believe that after all of this time, and all the DREADED news of FF57 Quantum coming that Mozilla could have helped the plethora of users relying on this add-on as a FUNCTION of Firefox. In a way, Baris is getting thumped for an add-on function that so many ppl believe should be part of the Firefox 'Preferences' BY NOW being that so many relied on it to even see what they were doing here while using THIS browser. Shame on YOU Mozilla for not filling in to help this roll-out of FF57. Many of us are still hoping with all our might that Baris can restore this OR some other developer can aid by filling in where Baris left off. What the Hell happened here??? This is really such a sad situation for the 'Visually impaired' users & the folks who view their net viewing several feet back from their TV-Monitor to enjoy the internet.
All of the browser Text on tabs and ALL of the Menu text on drop downs were afftected making it one heck of s strain to use Firefox. So OUR hope is that someone HEARING our PLEA shines a light on this situation and either puts TFSC back to it's optimum function OR can get a fire built under Mozilla's butt to build this Function into Firefox itself. Please______
03-18-19 I still come in here 'hoping' that someone will pick up the ball & run with it in getting this add-on back into usefullness. FF57 was a long time ago.
- by Firefox user 13688826, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5author wants to install missing tools/add-ons but doesn't specify what. can't even use add-on without jumping through too many hoops.
how do i uninstall this?
- by Firefox user 13668252, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have used Theme and Font changer for years with Thunderbird and with all the updates Thuderbird fonts have gone extremely small as all are saying. Theme and font changer fixes this, but it wont save changes in my windows 7
- by Firefox user 13432502, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Nothing working anymore since we got the last update (10 of january 2018) ! When i uninstall the addon and re-install it ,impossible to make this module working .....nothing happens !!!
- by Jeremy, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Absolutely indispensable for those of us with poor eyesight, but why the automatic expiration? David Ross, thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing a version that works with Thunderbird 52.
- by Hundley, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesnt work...people like me who are getting older and eyes needing glasses...it seems you didnt take account of us when the 56 theme and font was great and now that wont even work. Firefox for every update makes your browser worse. Get some common sense and do it right.
- by Firefox user 12680361, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Although it doesn't work with current versions of Firefox I used an older version and can now see the menus again. (I have a large screen monitor). I hope you and Firefox come up with a new version that works soon. Thanks!
- by azara, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I downloaded the file for tfasc which anonymous wrote on here then went to my extensions in firefox addons, on the settings it asks if you want to install addon from file and it installed immediately now I can see the menus better, mind you I did not upgrade to firefox 57 I kept 56, and I will not upgrade to 57, at least I have theme, font and size changer back on my laptop and I have version 56 of tfasc
- by Darwin4Ever, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5What's always going on with these Baris Derin addons ?
Suddenly TFSC no longer works on TB
What's the latest version working on TB 52.5.2 ?
Where can I find old versions of Addons ?
It's a pity things are being messed up so frequently (partly initiated by Mozilla and it's Web-Extentions hype)
- by Firefox user 12532059, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is a great ad-on, when it is not being updated. It suddenly disappears from the toolbar menu, and all settings with it. So you have to go search for an update.
THIS time (Jan 8, 2018) it seems it's broken, and cannot be fixed.
Shoddy programming, really.
- by JK, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately the mediafire version only worked for a day for me. I found the following on Mozilla support though and it worked fine for me:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste pix and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and change its value to 1.25 and click OK, which corresponds to 125% font size in Windows display settings. The toolbar area should enlarge after a few moments. Too small? Try 1.5 and see whether that suits you better. And so on. If you are on Mac and use a Retina display, anything below 2.0 may be smaller than what you started with, so start with 2.0.