Review by JustAnotherGeek
- Rated 5 out of 5by zika, a month agoAll things I tested are working perfectly. Lot of options. Hide ads and suggestions just adding keywords to "hide posts" menu. Im impressed. Not a programmer but know that modifying main FB web via browser extension is something facebook don´t want to happen, and hard to do and maintain.
This deserves lot of grattitude to the author.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17694334, 3 months agoDespite unchecking the reminder box on the Donation tab, it will still remind you to donate every now and then. Sponsored posts are not hidden, do not download.
- Rated 1 out of 5by D, 4 months agoIt doesn't work for me at all. Literally nothing. Not blocking sponsored post, nor political, no option to hide read posts, no comment navigator. I had such high hopes for this. Sad.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kelly Rouse, 4 months agoIsn't hiding sponsored posts anymore. Otherwise, great extension.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14580416, 4 months agoThis was a great add-on, but it hasn't been updated in a year which is causing it to break Facebook now.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ChloeNow, 5 months agoThis will freeze your facebook if you leave it open for more than 5 minutes and you'll have to refresh.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Tas, 6 months agoI'm just using it with it's default settings and it still displays suggested/sponsored posts. I tried enabling the filters myself in the filter page, reloaded the page, still no difference.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Stefaon, 6 months ago[Previously : I tried it for the "suggestions" filter, but it doesn't work for that at all.
Seems like a good idea for the rest, but unfortunately not for what I want.]
Edit : Then I understand that the filter is for english speacker only, but it's possible to edit a custom filter (I did it with the word "Suggestions", and it work fine !).
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cegir, 7 months agoI installed this for hiding thing like sponsored posts, but it does not work at all, no matter the filters enabled.
Also, FB is way much slower, because it loads the page twice (one is normal, then the addon checks the page).
Not working at all and very risky regarding security.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThere is no security risk - please don't say unsubstantiated accusations like that. Please edit your review.
Facebook has made recent changes that affect how well Social Fixer does some things, for some users. An update is on the way.
The main page only loads twice if you have the option enabled to default to the Most Recent feed, and you start on the default Home feed (from a bookmark, etc).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Peter G, 8 months agoThe CSS and code injection/changing ability is very useful, though the working ad blocking for the new FB ad variants needs to be deployed to users soon (currently working in beta .41)
- Rated 3 out of 5by RWG, a year agoSocial Fixer is a great idea in general. Unfortunately, for no apparent reason out of the blue yesterday, my two-factor authorizations were at first receiving LS-NONCE instead of a six-digit code, and now I'm getting no codes at all. Resetting password and other options provide the same results. Which means I'm locked out of FB with no other recourse until I upload a photo of my driver's license (don't have any of the other acceptable ID's). I can't prove in any way that Social Fixer is to blame, but since I'm not one who's even close to breaking posting guidelines, I don't know what else other than being trapped in the middle of the struggle between Facebook and Social Fixer could have caused the problem.