- Rated 1 out of 5by Cegir, a month agoI installed this for hiding thing like sponsored posts, but it does not work at all, no matter the filters enabled.
Also, FB is way much slower, because it loads the page twice (one is normal, then the addon checks the page).
Not working at all and very risky regarding security.
Developer responseposted a month agoThere is no security risk - please don't say unsubstantiated accusations like that. Please edit your review.
Facebook has made recent changes that affect how well Social Fixer does some things, for some users. An update is on the way.
The main page only loads twice if you have the option enabled to default to the Most Recent feed, and you start on the default Home feed (from a bookmark, etc).
- Rated 1 out of 5by Dan, a year agoEverything is fine except for the date bubbles all over everything after an update a couple weeks ago.
They make it impossible to read anything on my tablet with these dirty big bubbles showing the time and date of the posts I can't see any more.
- Rated 1 out of 5by zimbot, 2 years agoAll I need is to get rid of "Suggested for You". At first, I thought it worked. I browsed through scores of items without seeing a single one. Later I went back to Facebook and once I got past 10 items, every other item in my news feed was a "Suggested for You" item. So the plugin is useless to me, despite it having many features.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14635525, 3 years agoinstalls, won't show up in toolbar, but it is still in addons, pretty sure this is a UI design, but I really dislike it, I prefer to have the icon in my toolbar so I can easily options. other than that, working okay, will update later
UPDATE: can't figure out how to hide comments which is literally the only reason I got this, tried stealth mode, didn't seem to do anything
OTHER UPDATE: Literally says in the description that "Stealth Mode hides Like buttons, COMMENT areas, etc so you can browse Facebook without accidentally interacting with posts you don't intend to" My review is a reflect of my own personal experiences, if I feel like it's one star then I will do that, not just because I don't like it.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoNot all extensions add icons to the toolbar. This is not needed.
Social Fixer doesn't hide comments, but it can hide entire posts based on filters. You shouldn't leave a 1-star review just because you think it should do something it never said it could.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14696876, 4 years agoTry to get the updated social fixer for FB and it doesn't download or update automatically and/or there is no download button on the social fixer site. You want us to update and leave us no way to do so. dbeauvais04620@peoplepc
- Rated 1 out of 5by nathanjolly, 5 years agoSettings don't stick. They all default to the defaults every time it loads. I spent 15 minutes going over everything and even exported the settings, and now they won't stick, even if I import them.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoIf your settings don't stick, you might have a problem with your browser profile, or some other software that is clearing your extension storage. This is not an extension problem, otherwise the other 300k+ users would all be complaining.
Problems like this are what the support group is for: http://SocialFixer.com/support/
I would appreciate this problem going there instead of being posted as a 1-star review here. Thanks!