Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by AL, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5There's a lot to like about this and it's pretty cool, but a few things would make it significantly more useful.
(1) Right now the back/forward buttons on your mouse can't work "inside" the sidebar, so quick navigation without hunting for links is difficult. (2) There doesn't appear to be any way of clicking links in the sidebar and having them open in the main window, like Open Link in Current Tab or something. (3) It doesn't respect default page zoom settings, which means on a 4K monitor the text can be really tiny. It does allow you to zoom within the sidebar, but it won't remember it if you close it and open again. (4) Lastly, and this is a big one, you can't drag it out to make it any wider than the default, so at least on high resolution monitors, it's a just a thin little box on the side. Imagine if you could drag it out to the 50% mark and easily navigate within it -- you could essentially have dual pane tabs! Which would be amazing, and huge for all sorts of workflows.
Anyway, just to be clear, I do like this addon quite a bit, but with some small tweaking it could be so much more!
- by Dimsy, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like it. However I do not know how to make it to keep its content same from the previous session. Say I have a page visited and added to Side View; then I closed browser. Next time Side View is empty. Why it does not restore the page automatically?
- by Firefox user 14504517, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I find the Side View feature very useful - it allows me to keep down on the number of tabs, while allowing multiple window experience that is more streamlined then opening multiple windows. For a single monitor user it's a must-have add-on!
- by Firefox user 12790224, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5В Side View не работает масштаб. Окно открывается со 100% масштабом. Часто бывает это не удобно. Если я хочу открыть кино или чат, то область просмотра больше, чем есть места в Side View.
Scale does not work in Side View. The window opens with a 100% scale. Often it is not convenient. If I want to open a movie or chat, then the viewing area is larger than there is space in Side View.
- by Firefox user 14434304, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Side View significantly expands creative possibilities on the web. People can be watching TED talks while concurrently browsing thru related materials -- which could be described as multitasked learning (or "multimodal learning.") This is similar to when people watch television while surfing the web on a tablet or laptop. Such experiences make best use of human attention and best use of time. Side View on a 1440p (or larger) monitor literally expands the canvas of ways we can communicate ideas with each other. I applaud Mozilla for inventing Side View and am hoping it will soon exit the add-on stage and be folder into the central Firefox code. Naturally, someone needs to be holding a contest for the most interesting uses of Side View...