- by Firefox user 13467846, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5This works as advertised. You know how great a complement this statement is in these dark times!
I have two suggestions:
1. As practically all other folks here are demanding, the sidebar must be wider. If this is because Side View uses the built-in side view pane in Firefox, please, if at all possible, implement your own side pane and make it wider.
In case that's possible, why not more than one side panes simutaneously? Keeping two sidebars at each side would be very nice.
2. The Side View icon on the quick menu that appears at the top right corner by default. Currently its only real function is to switch between mobile/desktop view.
Please add that command in the context menus. Currently it has only one item (Open in sidebar), please change it to something like 'Open as Desktop/Mobile Site in sidebar' - so that if you click an empty space or tab, you could also choose how it will load. Then we could unclutter the quick toolbar if we choose to without sacrifice. Keeping track of sidebar-only visit history can be nice to some people, but I find it not very crucial.
- by wrnr, a year agoRated 5 out of 5very useful (i like it to keep the todolist or notes in sideview).
+ it would be nice to be able to drag tabs to sideview.
+ and in some cases a second (or even more) sideview can be useful, i.e. to use some columns to compare mobile views of sites or to view trello, notes, mobile site & desktop site together
- by George C, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Superb! Very useful add-on!
I hope that it continues to be developed. For example, to be able to drag it with no restriction. Or to have multiple pages that you can switch.
- by t1pt0p, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome extension! Exactly what I was looking for to watch my email.
Add more futures plz
- open in a new tab not in mobile view
- back button
- multiple side views
- resizable more then 1/3 of a page