- by EnriqueGeek, 17 days agoRated 3 out of 5good addon but it has some problems:
1 Missing shortcut to open the last webpage used in "Side View"
2 the resize of panel is necessary on many pages for example whatsapp, telegram
3 do not reload the web pages in the panel, it is harmful that it reloads every time you open the panel
- by grumpy, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5The icon is misleading. I thought it was a means to have a split view, which I would love. By showing the '2nd' window in a side view you cannot compare the two views, since for most sites the phone interface kicks in, due to the prevalent responsive design. (a developer feature - not a user feature - which is quite confusing to most users)
- by Firefox user 13874864, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Works well, but could use a button to unload the current site.
Also, pls unlock the max sidebar width.
For ppl with ultrawide monitors that could be a nice alternative to multiple FF winows.
I'd change my rating to 6/5 immediately.
- by josemazcorro, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Cool!! I normally use two web-browser side by side... I still think is better option, but sometimes sites get really small when I squeeze the windows, so I switch to mobile view, but pitifully there is no extension to make this by tab and I have to constantly switch the views. Your extension could be a solution for me, if it just had an address bar.. hehe... but I guess other people are looking to put more info in one screen. Anyways it seem great! thanks man
- by Matt GD, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Great and useful addon, I just wish we could increase to 50% the width of the side view and could go back or forward on the current page as well as freely browse to different websites which are not necessarily in the current tabs
- by Firefox user 15495280, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Love the concept, but really needs to expand up to 50% in order to be useful. Also, clinking links in the sidebar bar page will actually change the main page, which took some time to wrap my head around. Hope it goes native!
- by Paul Hook, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Handy but limited. Allowing wider view (50% instead of 25% of window) would help a lot. Too many web pages are not optimized for mobile view and are not readable when limited to 25% side bar (PDFs opened in browsers, for example). That's available with Tile Tabs WE, but it would be nice to have in Side View to not have to guess how a particular page is going to behave, choose which extension to use, test it, find it's not the right choice, close, choose the other one, etc.