by BlackWinny, 3 months ago
Rated 2 out of 5
I have used it for years. And I was happy with it, I used it extensively all day long. But when it was last updated two years ago, this previously excellent extension suddenly lost the ability to keep personal settings... You have to reload them in memory from your backup every new Firefox session! An extremely annoying and time-consuming process. As a result, the extension loses most of its interest, and the developer seems to have completely abandoned it. About six months ago I switched to another extension, Swift Selection Search, which does exactly the same job (minus the custom sub-menus) but works perfectly and with the same possibility to save personal settings... but which doesn't require to reload them manually at each Firefox session. A dream! This Selection Context Search extension lost all its interest when it was updated two years ago. Better to switch to Swift Selection Search.
- by nikgrc, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5update 25 JAN 2021:
Changes are not saved any more! Please fix it.
24 MAR 2018:
Thank you for this addon!
Allow to change via options/settings the, relative to the selection, position of the popup window when selecting text.
I am asking this because the popup window is now conflicting with the popup icon/bubble of the add-on "Google™ Translator" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-webextension/).
- by Firefox user 13977286, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Can't imagine life without this addon. Thank you so much. I have used it for years now! I've tweeked it soooo much now. It has everything I need. If anyone wants a backup of what I've done. Im happy to share
- by Salsa, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Why did you stop remembering the changed settings? When it became difficult to say, I haven't changed anything for a long time, but after restarting the changes disappear.
Почему перестало запоминать измененные настройки? Когда это стало трудно сказать, давно ничего не менял, но после перезапуска изменения пропадают
- by DiverSant, a year agoRated 3 out of 5There is no better at the moment, but In the latest versions of Firefox, no changes in this add-on are saved, I add new search engines, after rebooting the browser, they disappear, as well as setting up auto copy.
- by BobDawson, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Great little add-on. I use it all the time. I keep on having to disable the popup. I'll uncheck the option and have to uncheck it again some time (even days) later.
- by otto_beuren, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I'm using the Add-in "Selection Context Search" with the Firefox 79.0 (64 bit).
I configured the pop-up window according to my wishes and safed the configuration in a .json - file
But, after a new start of Firefox, the Add-on loads the default settings and I have to import my personal configuration.
What shall I do?