- by Firefox user 13617644, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5The update removed all my customizations - that's not cool!!!I try to replicate this but everything works fine on my side. I don't know what is causing this.
Starting with v4.0 the settings are synced. Maybe there is the difference between my and your configuration.
- by Firefox user 652966, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Updated my review again. Today they added an extra step in the context menu for absolutely no reason. This extension is a mess of weird updates that either break something or makes it harder to use.Edit: Also do you happen to have more than about 700 rows in the Options table? I found that there is a 100k limit on the synced storage which by my calculation will store about 700 rows. If that is the case then I will abandon the synced storage. The not synced storage is unlimited.
Edit: I will upload a new version. If that doesn't fix the problem then my conclusion is that the problem is with the Firefox synced storage. Are you logged in with a Firefox account? If so, do you use this account on multiple devices?
The new version 5.0 fixes some bugs. Please let me know if you still have problems with the new version.
- by Lejon, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5If i may ask for more features, mostly related to the appearance, like:
1- An option to set the maximum length of selected text shown in the context menu. 44 is way too long.
2- An option to change the main context menu icon or hiding it completely.
3- An option to list the search websites in rows by their favicons without the text label.
and thank you for the great add-on.Unfortunately these features cannot be implemented due to API limitations.
1. Not possible. Firefox sets the length of the string. Also there is a Firefox bug where the ".." is appended in all situations.
2. The main menu icon is always the add-on icon. Eventually you can suggest a nicer icon for the add-on.
3. Again this is not possible by using the context menu. It could be implemented in a different way by opening a small window after clicking in the context menu or after the text is selected. But I think this way will be more inconvenient.
- by Think More, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Cannot Save, Please Update it!Edit: the bug is fixed in version 2.3
Edit: I see the problem when trying to move a row in an empty folder. I will fix that.
A workaround for now is to create a new row in the folder. Once the folder has a row you can move the other rows in, then remove the first row. To add a new row to a folder, the folder needs to be selected then press "Add a row".
Could you please detail more about this issue? I do not understand what do you mean with the "parallel structure". Maybe an example?
- by Frank Sproede, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension with a little bug: The bookmarked searches only work when the browser locale is set to en-us.
It would be nice if you could add a placeholder for the complete URL and an option to use searches without a selection in the page and link context. Ex: https://web.archive.org/web/*/~$U$~ could open an archived page.
Edit: Thanks a lot for the quick update. 5 stars now. :)
- by Firefox user 12923820, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5When enabled, Firefox starts to increase CPU load for about 40%. Even when I have Firefox window on background. I had to disable it and restart Firefox and my CPU load is back to normal.
- by Tom Adler, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Bonus points for customization of the text and of the folder name.
It doesn’t read the bookmarks in my case though, and I cannot debug this because of obfuscated source code.
At least my security concerns are lifted: I forgot that Mozilla Team reviews the code of extensions.We have to provide the source code and the method of obfuscation to Firefox team. They review the code for each version and also ensure that the obfuscated code is generated from the source code.
The folder should be located in "Bookmarks Menu". Not in other folders such as "Bookmarks Toolbar", "Other Bookmarks", ...
- by tipar, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Last night a DJ saved my life. Awesome, very customizable and intuitive, 100% user friendly. Some searches as Rottentomatoes or Metacritic do not seem to work. I have done it manually too and nothing happens. A 5 either way. EDIT: after a week I found the way to add the searchers by myself. Just thinking; maybe add some hotkeys to automatize and do faster the searchers so we do not have to actually right click on the selected word.
- by End User, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice, but:
1) Is it possible to cache favicons? It's not too smooth to see and wait them loading.
2) Why it is necessary to duplicate engines? I must add an engine both into Firefox and this addon. EVERY TIME!
- by svan71, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I really miss context search x and add too searchbar prior to 57. Please add Newegg.com Best Buy and Micro Center to search options.The default list of search pages is meant to be an example of how the add-on could be used.
You can add them manually in the Options page for the add-on or by using the add-on button from the Firefox menu bar.
If you wish to add them manually the addresses are:
- by Firefox user 13447600, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice extension. Would it be possible to add open selected text in a new tab?
Something that just opens the highlighted text
(whatever it is and however it is formatted) in a new tab.This could be quite difficult because the formatting could be inherited from different places in the page and also from different files.
Otherwise it is simple to show the text with generic formatting.
I will think about it.