- by Firefox user 13354354, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Since the last Firefox update (58), when right clicking and going to sub-menu, the icons are no longer displayed. Even those whose I put an address in the configuration panel.
EDIT: sometimes it's working but sometimes not. I need to restart Firefox to correct the problem. Not very embarrassing but I have to say it.Maybe there is a latency to load the icons but I wait long time and nothing. And I use the classic version of Firefox 64bits.
- by Yurii, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5It is very convenient to use the "show in the popur window" setting! Why not add this setting to "Resent searches"?
It'll be cool!
P.S. And at the same time make the size of the popur window adjustable (specify the maximum number of columns, and the lines will be determined depending on the popur window filling)I wondered if anybody needed the recent searches in the popup. I will add this to my to-do list.
The number of columns in the popup window is already customizable. In the Options page click the "More" link at the right of the "Show the popup window with the webpage icons" option. Please let me know if you thought of something else.
- by FahimF, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is very useful and I use it all the time. However, there is an annoying bug with the icon popup in the current version - it does not respect the "Open search page in" setting under preferences. Even if you have that setting set to "a background tab" (and not "a background tab next to current tab") the extension opens search results in a background tab next to the current tab ...
Hmm ... actually looks as if even the context-menu does not respect the "Open search page in" setting - it used to in the previous version but I have not used the context menu since the popup was added ...
- by Firefox user 13617644, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5The update removed all my customizations - that's not cool!!!I try to replicate this but everything works fine on my side. I don't know what is causing this.
Starting with v4.0 the settings are synced. Maybe there is the difference between my and your configuration.
- by Firefox user 652966, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5Updated my review again. Today they added an extra step in the context menu for absolutely no reason. This extension is a mess of weird updates that either break something or makes it harder to use.Edit: Also do you happen to have more than about 700 rows in the Options table? I found that there is a 100k limit on the synced storage which by my calculation will store about 700 rows. If that is the case then I will abandon the synced storage. The not synced storage is unlimited.
Edit: I will upload a new version. If that doesn't fix the problem then my conclusion is that the problem is with the Firefox synced storage. Are you logged in with a Firefox account? If so, do you use this account on multiple devices?
The new version 5.0 fixes some bugs. Please let me know if you still have problems with the new version.
- by Lejon, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5If i may ask for more features, mostly related to the appearance, like:
1- An option to set the maximum length of selected text shown in the context menu. 44 is way too long.
2- An option to change the main context menu icon or hiding it completely.
3- An option to list the search websites in rows by their favicons without the text label.
and thank you for the great add-on.Unfortunately these features cannot be implemented due to API limitations.
1. Not possible. Firefox sets the length of the string. Also there is a Firefox bug where the ".." is appended in all situations.
2. The main menu icon is always the add-on icon. Eventually you can suggest a nicer icon for the add-on.
3. Again this is not possible by using the context menu. It could be implemented in a different way by opening a small window after clicking in the context menu or after the text is selected. But I think this way will be more inconvenient.
- by Think More, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5Cannot Save, Please Update it!Edit: the bug is fixed in version 2.3
Edit: I see the problem when trying to move a row in an empty folder. I will fix that.
A workaround for now is to create a new row in the folder. Once the folder has a row you can move the other rows in, then remove the first row. To add a new row to a folder, the folder needs to be selected then press "Add a row".
Could you please detail more about this issue? I do not understand what do you mean with the "parallel structure". Maybe an example?
- by Frank Sproede, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension with a little bug: The bookmarked searches only work when the browser locale is set to en-us.
It would be nice if you could add a placeholder for the complete URL and an option to use searches without a selection in the page and link context. Ex: https://web.archive.org/web/*/~$U$~ could open an archived page.
Edit: Thanks a lot for the quick update. 5 stars now. :)
- by Firefox user 12923820, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5When enabled, Firefox starts to increase CPU load for about 40%. Even when I have Firefox window on background. I had to disable it and restart Firefox and my CPU load is back to normal.