- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12623474, 5 years agoProbably the best of them all, but proprietary.We have to provide the sources and the method of obfuscation to Mozilla team for review.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bossa Nova, 5 years agoFirefox has made almost impossible to add custom search engines to the search bar and impossible to manage/edit the search engines that are there. This add-on is very useful! And it uses the search engines you create as bookmarks with the command "Add a keyword for this search". And it's very customizable. Thank you!
Only "critic": when you want to search a word that is inside a text area, it opens a second submenu.
- Rated 2 out of 5by onesolo2, 5 years agoI've been trying to use this addon, by trying every version that is released, but after a few minutes that I enable this addon, I get a huge spike on Firefox memory usage till it uses all my memory available (I have 16GB RAM) and crashes my Firefox or sometimes leaves my window freezed!!! Can you please fix this?!? I'm certain that it's due to your addon because when I left it disabled I don't have thisDid you have this problem before the popup window was added?
Do you have this problem when the browser is just opened, with a blank tab? It is possible that a web page can react to this add-on. I never had this but it is possible.
Please let me know.
- Rated 5 out of 5by algi, 5 years agoAnd so what happened?Update: I think it is another add-on interfering, maybe an adblocker or script blocker. I assume that you do not see any icons in the popup window, like Google.
Your problem is different. 2drui has a problem with the context menu, which is the one that opens when right-click on the selected text. You say that the popup window is not working, which is the one that appears above the selected text.
I don't think that popup controllers and cookies stoppers have any influence as this "popup window" does not use those. Even if I call it popup window, it is technically not a popup window. It just behave like one.
An adblocker would only block some icons, if you manually configure it to do so. I use adblockers and I have no issues.
Is it always not working for you, or just intermittently? Did the issue started after you updated something? Can you see the icons in the context menu? Do you use the regular version of Firefox?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13354354, 5 years agoSince the last Firefox update (58), when right clicking and going to sub-menu, the icons are no longer displayed. Even those whose I put an address in the configuration panel.
EDIT: sometimes it's working but sometimes not. I need to restart Firefox to correct the problem. Not very embarrassing but I have to say it.Maybe there is a latency to load the icons but I wait long time and nothing. And I use the classic version of Firefox 64bits.I test it and it is working here on Firefox 58.
Do you use some variations of Firefox like Waterfox, Pale Moon, ...?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Aquila, 5 years agoWorthy replacement of Add to Search Bar, functionality of course impresses!!! Category Must Have!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Davidoff, 5 years agoThank you for this useful add-on!
Although I've unchecked "show in the popup window", it always turns back to "checked" after I restart Firefox. Could you check this issue?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Yurii, 5 years agoIt is very convenient to use the "show in the popur window" setting! Why not add this setting to "Resent searches"?
It'll be cool!
P.S. And at the same time make the size of the popur window adjustable (specify the maximum number of columns, and the lines will be determined depending on the popur window filling)I wondered if anybody needed the recent searches in the popup. I will add this to my to-do list.
The number of columns in the popup window is already customizable. In the Options page click the "More" link at the right of the "Show the popup window with the webpage icons" option. Please let me know if you thought of something else.
- Rated 5 out of 5by JC, 5 years agoMany thanks for your great work, very useful
But, same issue here with recent updates with FF 56.0.2 (64 bits), I have to stay in v5.5
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13679298, 5 years agoAwesome customizability to allow for searching anything that can be passed on the URL. Really helpful!
- Rated 4 out of 5by FahimF, 5 years agoThis extension is very useful and I use it all the time. However, there is an annoying bug with the icon popup in the current version - it does not respect the "Open search page in" setting under preferences. Even if you have that setting set to "a background tab" (and not "a background tab next to current tab") the extension opens search results in a background tab next to the current tab ...
Hmm ... actually looks as if even the context-menu does not respect the "Open search page in" setting - it used to in the previous version but I have not used the context menu since the popup was added ...
- Rated 5 out of 5by 高晓新, 5 years ago我好像没有表达清楚我的意思。我是说希望作者可以添加云同步功能，就是说在别人的电脑上下载Selection Context Search插件后登陆自己的账号就可以同步自己电脑的该插件配置。同步使用“Firefox同步”来实现。 您需要一个Firefox帐户，然后在您使用的所有设备上的Firefox中单击“登录到同步”。 请让我知道，如果你需要不同的东西。
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 5648214, 5 years agodeveloper is improving himself thats why i lıked this addon
- Rated 4 out of 5by Friday13, 5 years agoExcellent. Just one thing to improve - add support of POST requests.Can you give me an example of a search web-page using POST requests?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Duncan Moore, 5 years agoThe name of the context menu item is only configurable for selection context. Could you make it configurable for each context?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13617644, 5 years agoThe update removed all my customizations - that's not cool!!!I try to replicate this but everything works fine on my side. I don't know what is causing this.
Starting with v4.0 the settings are synced. Maybe there is the difference between my and your configuration.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 652966, 5 years agoUpdated my review again. Today they added an extra step in the context menu for absolutely no reason. This extension is a mess of weird updates that either break something or makes it harder to use.Edit: Also do you happen to have more than about 700 rows in the Options table? I found that there is a 100k limit on the synced storage which by my calculation will store about 700 rows. If that is the case then I will abandon the synced storage. The not synced storage is unlimited.
Edit: I will upload a new version. If that doesn't fix the problem then my conclusion is that the problem is with the Firefox synced storage. Are you logged in with a Firefox account? If so, do you use this account on multiple devices?
The new version 5.0 fixes some bugs. Please let me know if you still have problems with the new version.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lejon, 5 years agoIf i may ask for more features, mostly related to the appearance, like:
1- An option to set the maximum length of selected text shown in the context menu. 44 is way too long.
2- An option to change the main context menu icon or hiding it completely.
3- An option to list the search websites in rows by their favicons without the text label.
and thank you for the great add-on.Unfortunately these features cannot be implemented due to API limitations.
1. Not possible. Firefox sets the length of the string. Also there is a Firefox bug where the ".." is appended in all situations.
2. The main menu icon is always the add-on icon. Eventually you can suggest a nicer icon for the add-on.
3. Again this is not possible by using the context menu. It could be implemented in a different way by opening a small window after clicking in the context menu or after the text is selected. But I think this way will be more inconvenient.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Think More, 5 years agoCannot Save, Please Update it!Edit: the bug is fixed in version 2.3
Edit: I see the problem when trying to move a row in an empty folder. I will fix that.
A workaround for now is to create a new row in the folder. Once the folder has a row you can move the other rows in, then remove the first row. To add a new row to a folder, the folder needs to be selected then press "Add a row".
Could you please detail more about this issue? I do not understand what do you mean with the "parallel structure". Maybe an example?