Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by szjx, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Still doesn't work on Firefox Developer Edition. The *title/name* of the page is shown individually, but the *site address* isn't actually identified! All my activities are lumped together under "Firefox Developer Edition". The customer support has also been totally unhelpful on solving the issue.
Strangely it does work on Firefox.
Update Dec 2018: The bug still isn't fixed after 7 months, which is pretty bad.
- by Bob Massarczyk, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5After a long time, I can finally confirm it is working on macOS and Firefox with a cookie whitelist (cookies disabled by default, only user-specified pages are allowed to set cookies). Thanks to the developer to create an actual support document for this edge case.
If you are a Firefox user who likes to whitelist cookies instead of accepting everything by default, here is your guide:
- by Firefox user 13481420, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Since Firefox 57 I've switched over from Chrome. This extension initially did not log correctly even though the notes here said it added support for Firefox 57. However, I recently received an update to my rescuetime OSX app and now everything works perfectly as expected. Thanks rescuetime. This is now a 5 star extension.
- by Michel S., 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Using the latest 57.0b9 on both standard and developer editions of Firefox for Mac, after installing the RescueTime add-on I can link it to my account just fine, and if I click on the icon in the toolbar the summary does correctly identify which site I'm on.
*But* it never logs any time on these sites. If I visit a site I've not seen in Chrome that day it always reports it as being my first visit. If I visit a site I've seen in Chrome it reports the previous total time spent there but never increments.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoIf you're using the add-on in conjunction with the RescueTime desktop app, you'll need to make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app for the recent add-on updates to function properly.
- by gene_wood, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5If you're encountered the problem mentioned in a number of these reviews where you attempt to login to the RescueTime add-on and you can't type in the email field, the work around from the add-on developer is mentioned here ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/rescuetime-for-firefox/reviews/804290/ ) stating "We've been able to reproduce the issue. As far as we can tell, the problem with not being able to interact with the window ONLY happens when the RescueTime icon located on the menu panel (under the hamburger icon on the far end of the toolbar). If the RescueTime icon is directly on the browser toolbar, the window works. While we work on a fix, the workaround is to move the icon to the browser toolbar. If you do not want the icon on the toolbar, you can put it there temporarily, sign in, then move it back to the menu panel and the site tracking should work just fine."
- by Jonathan, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Just like the others complain... it does not pop up after install.
Glitch in the system and I am surprised that the DEV with such low ratings.. is not fixing this issue.