- by Firefox user 16179708, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry, this add-on has served me well in the past, but now it completely stopped working on Firefox (clicking the browser icons does nothing, and sometimes it the menu also displays the message "Open With can't connect to the outside world"). I of course would prefer to get support fixing this rather than leaving a low rating, but there doesn't seem to be any realistic way to request help.
- by Firefox user 13447497, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not easy to install. tried doing this on my FF Portable. Installed the Python program and ran the command "open_with_windows.py install" Nothing happens and the open_with_windows.py file is opend in my text editor. When I click the Test Installation button get a cryptic message"Something went wrong. There might be more information in the Browser Console."
Extremely poor documentation. Don't know whether this works with FF Portable.
- by Firefox user 14587816, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am not some Mozilla Geek. I just wanted to get Thunderbird mail to open using Chrome instead of Firefox. I found this Add-On and tried to install it. However the instructions are terrible!!
When I try to set the Options all I get is a message "To complete installation:" with instructions that are WAY TOO LIMITED. I think I got Python installed by running the file when it downloaded.
But, I can't get the rest of the instructions to work. When I click "Test Installation" all I get is a cryptic, useless message.
So, if you are not familiar about how to install add-ons, you may want to save the frustration and skip this one!!
- by Firefox user 13603420, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Cannot find a way to install the extra program this requires on a Mac. Have some experience of using Terminal and am very IT literate, without being an IT professional, but can not get this off the ground with the instructions supplied.
- by Louis, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not an extension. It's merely a trigger for another program that must be installed (hard to do). This belongs in another category.
There are still no clear instructions on how to actually install all the stuff needed (it's complicated). It's a wonder this extension has such a high rating but I see I'm not the only who wasted his time for nothing.
Suggestion for the next update: Clear, bullet list instructions on how to install all this stuff and a warning that this is not a real extension until another program is installed.
- by CanIregisterThisTime, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not enough documentation. Opening a link from release Firefox in Nightly just opens up a new tab. I can't figure out what "command" to put in to get it to open links in Vivaldi. I did visit the github but there's not a lot of information there.
- by Bossa Nova, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5It may not be the developer's fault that he had to modify this extension like this, but now it is useless because too complicated to install. You have to understand what Python is and how to install it (on a Mac). I tried it several times and couldn't.
- by 8394147, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Followed the directions for Firefox 57. Doesn't work. I keep getting "open_with_windows.py is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Lame.
- by pandapal, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I don't know what happened to all the old "open in" or "open with" extensions that used to work perfectly. Now all the extensions need an add-on program installed. I added Python but it still doesn't work. I have no idea how to do the "install" command. So this is basically worthless. Could we get some more detailed instructions? Or just make it simpler for all us non-geeks?
- by Firefox user 13465772, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Firefox57 kills it, even Python script install on windows does not work, "see browser console" -> where should you find this? Conclusion : too complicated for the average user.