- by Firefox user 12302629, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5I found the extension great, but I can't install the script.
I type the path in cmd with the script name and then install, but cmd keeps telling me to type install.
This is the Open With native helper, version 7.2.6.
Run this script again with the word "install" after the file name to install.
I have no idea where the error is.
- by Magnum, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is absolutely amazing. I consider it one of the very select "Absolutely Mandatory and Indispensable" extensions I always use. I truly do not know how I lived without it, before first finding it. I don't know why Mozilla isn't pushing this as one of the *Recommended* extensions, because it should. Maybe I'm overestimating the number of people who would be interested in launching a webpage from one browser directly into a specific other browser, but for those that ever do this more than occasionally, this thing is terrific. I love Open With so much.
- by Hans Hansen, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly on Manjaro Linux! The AMO page should mention that the extension requires additional setup after installation. It took me a while to figure out that I need to go to the Options page after installing the extension.
- by decembre, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5A little touchy to install it for a newbie like me...
But once you follow the instructions given, it work like a charm!
Thanks a lot from a Waterfox Classic user.
- by Firefox user 12900474, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5(1) In C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python3xx paste the file: open_with_windows.py
(2) open prompt command here > paste this in cmd open_with_windows.py install
(3) everything will be ok, if 5 files appear:
- by rado84, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5AWESOME! I wanted such an extension for a long time! The best part? It supports Linux, unlike some other similar extensions! :D
This extension has a HUGE potential! I just added SMPlayer to watch YT vids in it and damn - it works! :D :D
- by maxy, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Useful to run commands like mpv or yt-dlp. I've quickly reviewed parts of the source code, looks fine.
For the above commands, best practice is to add "--" as the last argument. (Maybe not a real concern, because the URL is passed as a single argument and probably cannot start with "-", but just in case.)
- by Firefox user 16748986, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I kept checking back to the reviews in hopes of more info on the installation of "open with", and there it was. I put open_with_windows.py in my Windows\system32......opened a command prompt, which opened in the Windows\system32 folder, and ran the open_with_windows.py install, and that was it for me. I ran test installation in my Browser and Thunderbird, and it showed, "Found version 7.2.3 at C:\Windows\System32\open_with_windows.py." I then edited the order of my four Browsers, with Firefox on top.
Thanks to all the reviews with the help, and thanks to the the Author of this addon!!
- by Cosmic_Annihilation, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Amazing addon! I'm only missing the ability to select multiple tabs and open them on the chosen browser, instead of doing it manually for each tab! There's an open issue on the github repo asking for this already, just in case other users would like to show their interest on this feature.