- Rated 1 out of 5by michaelrl100, a year agoAnti independent, anti conservative censorship that has cut off access to web services for media the neocons and neolibs don't like. Partnered with Microsoft and embedded in Edge for Android and likely desktop as well. We're not even talking about radical right wing sites - we're talking about simple right wing non neocon sites being censored for having a different position. Reminds me of the orginal cancel culture in the Soviet Union. Also it's proprietary and who knows what it does? Wouldn't trust it.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Codecharmer, a year agoWow seriously can't believe this has 3.5/5 (5/21) - People should seriously look at this page of theirs FIRST: https://www.newsguardtech.com/special-report-2020-lists/
- Then if you agree to all that nonsense and want to live like the audience staring at a screen like the book 1984, where big bother tells you what to watch, read, act, speak with, speak about, what to think, and when to think it. Well this will be the perfect app for you! This isn't fact checking, science checking, or bias checking - it is manipulation by a group think opinion of THE PRESS - and does anyone trust the reporters of the PRESS these days???
- Rated 5 out of 5by Tom, a year agoI am very impressed by the ratings, which are well-researched and explained for each outlet, with sources to back up the findings. I find the plugin very useful when I encounter an unfamiliar news outlet. The ratings are pretty much non-partisan, so as long as you are not a conspiracy theorist, they should sit well. A good rating still does not mean you should believe everything you read, of course!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Vader, 2 years agoDon't jump directly based on its rating. Instead use the additional details it provides to form an opinion. It highlights what various news outlets do well and what they don't.
This doesn't seem left or right leaning but it will definitely annoy those that are blindly left or right leaning.
I'd give it 5 stars if had details on more news outlets and I'm referring to major international publishers that have not been rated yet.