- Protect your personal and financial data by using high security passwords and let Kee remember them for you
- Secure and automatic login to all your favourite websites
- Your passwords stay under your control, protected by the respected KeePass Password Safe application
- Free and open source
- No spyware or adverts
The built-in Firefox password manager will no longer prompt you to save passwords after you install this add-on. Any existing data will not be affected but you are strongly advised to delete any stored passwords from your Firefox password store in order to increase the security of your personal data and to avoid possible confusion in future.
If you would like to try Kee and it is not working for you, please use the help resources at https://forum.kee.pm/t/help-and-support/24 since requests for support within review comments will most-likely remain un-noticed for months or years.
You should pay particular attention to the full detailed installation instructions, getting started tutorial and any advice at the top of that page.
Kee needs a variety of permissions to deliver it's functionality to you. A list of these is below along with an indication of why each is required.
- "tabs" and "activeTab" - Core functionality such as detecting web page locations, titles and working around various Firefox and Chrome bugs
- "contextMenus" - The context menu that is shown when you right click your mouse on a web page
- "storage" and "unlimitedStorage" - Stores information essential for connecting to KeePass and Kee options
- "clipboardWrite" and "clipboardRead" - Generate new passwords
- "webNavigation" - Know when a tab is loading a new web page
- "privacy" - Prevent built-in password manager conflicting with Kee
- "webRequest" and "webRequestBlocking" - Log you in to websites that send network authentication requests (also known as HTTP Auth)
- "<all_urls>" - Operate on all web pages
- "notifications" - Display temporary notifications about important events