Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13495050, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Youtube is a great site. Great videos, youtubers and communities. You can spend hours on that site, I know I have. But there comes a point where you really don't want to waste your time anymore, you find yourself clicking through video after video, with no purpose.
That is where this extension comes in. It hides the videos you don't want to see. Most of the videos in youtube are relevant to you, but sometimes the algorithm is totally wrong and it's just annoying to see unrelated videos in the sidebar and at the end of the video. I've had that too. Now I just don't want to deal with it anymore.
I've had another similar extension, simply called remove youtube suggestions, but it hasn't been updated in half a year and its reliability is decreasing. This looks like the perfect replacement!
Now, this extension says that it's licensed under the Mozilla Public License version 2 and I'm wondering, where's the source code/ github page? While I do trust this extension, having the source code visible somewhere is just an extra layer of trust as well as security (free software). I looked at the Chrome web store for this extension and I couldn't find anything there either.
Also, the videos are visible for a split second before disappearing, but that's minor (same problem as with the old extension, just that sometimes it wouldn't work at all)
- by Firefox user 15014334, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't actually block elements. They load for a moment before they are hidden. Input the following code into uBlock Origin to actually block them: www.youtube.com###secondary
- by PLAYLUXE, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Addon works fine and does a great job at what it's supposed to do: disabling the videos on the news feed.
What I'd like so suggest is that you should be able to customize the news feed instead of just showing a blank page. This way you won't get confused why your videos are not shown anymore in case you forgot that you've installed the plugin.
Similar to the "Facebook News Feed Eradicator" plugin I'd recommend to insert some inspiring quotes as a placeholder.
- by Firefox user 14750715, a year agoRated 5 out of 5perfect! don't have to try to block the correct parts via uBlock AND this will probably stay updated when youtube changes things with their website :)
hopefully this reduces my time on youtube a bit
- by scyle, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Best method i could find to disable all the distractions on youtube. It really is a vicious mindless cycle of "click, watch, and repeat" on youtube. Thank you for creating this addon.
- by Firefox user 13960627, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Please, add an option to hide left sidebar by default (which appear at Youtube Homepage and user channels) and make it visible only when you click Youtube's menu button (top left corner).
- by Firefox user 14785232, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I don't know if you know this or not but you my friend are saving lives.
P.S. As some of the others, I also do not leave any reviews and neither I knew how to do it. Had to register for just telling you how awesome work you are doing. Keep Going. Really happy with your product.