- by Andrew Eisenberg, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great add-on and makes things safer for using youtube with kids. I've only been using it for a short time, but it seems to work great and I've been looking for something like this for a while.
Only question I have is that this add on requires "Access your data for www.nosarembo.com". That site doesn't seem to exist. What is it doing in the permissions list?
Oh...and the contact option in the settings pane is broken, so I can't send feedback.
Giving this add-on 4 stars only because of the broken contact button and the nosarembo issue.
- by itismartin, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Absolutely love it! But you know what else would make it better? The ability to see ratings or like/dislike a video. Also the watch later tab etc. Oh and all-caps titles hidden should be a thing too!
- by Firefox user 14604599, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is great. I use youtube for music, but often I get distracted by the sidebar or recommended videos and I lose valuable time when I'm trying to work. Bad habit. This makes it minimalist and free of distraction. Thank you!
- by Firefox user 14575092, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5hey,
thanks for your work! really helps me staying focused.
i thought it would be very handy to provide a single button to activate/deactivate some of the options. for example: i usually don't want to see related videos, but sometimes i need them (to find part two of a video for example). so i have to go to options and activate them. a button that you could add to the top bar (like the general df youtube button there is right now) would speed that up. i'd expect it to only appear when youtube is active. maybe you like the idea and find the time to implement it :) or is there a github page for df youtube? i'd be glad to help.
thanks in advance
p.s. i tried using the contact form inside the plugin but it didn't work.
- by Firefox user 13552094, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use this everyday on chrome so i am very glad to see it ported over to Firefox.
For me personally, this extension is perfect since I want to watch the resourceful videos on YouTube to learn but don't want to be bothered by all the "fluff" that comes with YouTube.
- by Firefox user 14293447, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is just vital for not being distracted by youtube's homepage and all the recommended videos! While it seemed not possible to block some elements on youtube's homepage with ublock origin, adding this extension saved me from tearing my hair!!
- by Firefox user 14196978, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is a godsend for me. So far it works perfectly and it also doesn't seem to slow down Firefox.
I watch and listen to a lot of things on Youtube and I hate the way it tries to shove all that garbage down your throat: users' comments, often inappropriate or offensive, irrelevant recommendations or even relevant recommendations that steal your focus.
I don't mind too much having ads on useful content if it helps supporting the ones that produced it, but all that effort to keep you hooked and consume your concentration is intolerable and I believe it's even more heinous than on old regular TV: talk about progress.
I'll be using this add-on as long as it is maintained. Thanks a lot to the developers.
- by Firefox user 14219795, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on is fantastic with the exception of one important bug. On Firefox version 61.0.2 hiding the side bar also removes the skip add button so you have to either disable the DF add-on or watch the entire add.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks for pointing this out! I have fixed this issue in the latest version. I also highly recommend the uBlock Origin add-on, which blocks ads across the web and makes YouTube video ads a thing of the past!