- by Firefox user 13972940, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5I actually love the extension, but my avast just checked it as virus (it seems to have disabled my firewall). Hope its a false positive, but ive warned mozilla anyway. I'll change the bad review if they warn me its fixed *edit: ive warned avast as well, raised the stars here because i have reasons to probably dont be affected
Developer responseposted 6 months agoSorry you had that experience. I have no idea what the explanation is but this extension certainly is not able to disable firewalls, nor does it have any malicious intent.
- by HNieme, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon saves me a lot of time
It would be great if also the subscriptions-button could be blocked without also blocking the list of playlists or if /feed/subscriptions would be empty, this still eats away lots of my time
The form to send messages to the developer seems to be broken, there is only a steadily growing line of dots after "sending......", but no success-message
Otherwise: thanks for the addon!
- by Bracket, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Absolutely incredible to navigate to youtube and slowly enable the different options of this addon, then see how the website looks and feels!
Suddenly I feel calmer and less anxious after disabling the 1 million colorful buzzers and gimmicks and recommendations Youtube seeks to control my brain (and money) through...
- by lloydH, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great, except on Firefox 80 on Catalina it does not allow full screen on youtube. Perhaps youtube have recently changed something and it broke this? Clicking the fullscreen icon in the bottom corner of a video maximises the window size, but not the display size of the video, which stays the same size as previously. I will come back and change 3 stars to 5 if you can fix this, the addon is excellent otherwise (and I would have sent this as a private message rather than a review, to give you a chance to fix it, but I can't find contact info)
Edited to add: I am using this with a current version of uBlock Origin. Is it also possible to suppress the overlays that sometimes come up when you pause a video?
- by Firefox user 14737815, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Absolutely fantastic add-on; I was searching for this type of feature for so long. And my quest ends with DF Youtube. You are a super awesome man; you nailed it. I really love it. I recommend this add-on to everyone on the internet.
- by Sam Reed, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I often lose large amounts of time in YouTube, and I while I have blacklisted it before I constantly have to go back for school related purposes.
I've tried blocking elements with U-Block with little success...
Then I found this Add-On! It is customizable and blocks all elements that you could want blocked, and is easy enough to toggle on and off. It's working great!
- by KevinHorn, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D
Finally I don't need to sink hours into youtube, while looking up some maths, or theories related to my undergrad