- by Firefox user 16225117, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Nice add-on
it would be great if you add custom screen size value support
I want to set 1280x720 screen size, but it's not available in values
Also enabling "spoof font fingerprint" causes different font faces to look the same is that a bug or expected behavior?
Thanks for the effort you put in on this.Hi,
1280x720 isn't included because it's not a common resolution. 1366x768 is usually the minimum for modern screen sizes (laptops). When fonts are spoofed, unique system fonts may not be supported so the browser falls back to a limited number of basic fonts. If you visit https://browserleaks.com/fonts with "spoof font fingerprint" enabled and different profiles (Windows, macOS, Linux, etc), the fonts listed under "JS Fonts (classic)" will change.
- by Sergey Twersky, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very cool extension! But, tell me, what can I disable so that it continues to change the user agent on YouTube, but does not spoil the video? Or white window appears, covering half of video, or half of video is covered with collored stripes.
- by Firefox user 12807353, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The UI/options and documentation might be a little bit unintuitive and sparse, imho. However, with experimentation to figure out what each option really does, this really is a highly effective tool that runs smoother than the 2 or 3 other addons it replaces.
- by Arnold_Rac, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I love your plugin but Your latest Version 0.20.3.1 has a few bugs,
1. it stops sites to work properly, I have to disable it to make them work and then I re enable your plugin, It doesn't let Dailymotion video to play when its embeded in site.
2. It usually do not pick up timezone whereas previous version did.
and this new version doesn't let me delete the email in tutanota mail earlier I used to (again I disable plugin to delet mail and then reenable it)
and there are few other things... so on...
3. You imposed a few features rather giving choice like Cookie (Policy). There is no way to disable it, once has to select Allow visit bare minimum whereas the fact is I already use Firefox privacy feature to handle cookie functionality.
May I know why you will fix them?
Please create an issue here so that I can ensure that the issues you're facing can be resolved. https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues
Depending on the settings you enable, Chameleon will break things. I can try to resolve some issues but I need to know more information (like your settings).
1. This may be caused by a number of settings.
2. Can you list the URLs timezone spoofing is not working for you? I'd need to know your settings to help fix the issue with tutanota.
3. Chameleon allows you to conveniently manage some Firefox preferences like the cookie options. It preserves your existing settings so this should not cause issues. There was a bug in v0.20.0 for the cookie options that caused the settings to be reset, but that has been fixed.
- by HELPINGREVIEWZ, a year agoRated 3 out of 5latest version not functional. cannot set timezone, and many other parameters. go back to earlier version which worked. Because you screwed up your upgrade. we are not here to debug your bad programs.
- by cluelessdev, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, thanks sereneblue. Too bad last updates (v0.20.1 now) took over Firefox cookies management and you can't manage cookies permissions on a per-site basis anymore. Or can you?
I used to allow cookies only from a handful of websites.Hi cluelessdev, I've actually never used that specific feature in Firefox and I'm not sure where it's located. I've checked and it used to be accessible as mentioned in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1200198 but I can't seem to find it. Chameleon doesn't handle cookie permissions on a per-site basis but you should be able to do that with uMatrix or Cookie Autodelete.
- by Bendrix, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It used to work fine until This Addon was updated.
It breaks Youtube, video list on channel page does not load properly.
Can you please fix this issue with youtube ? I do not use any settings except for spoof IP timezone.
I think i'll revert back to old version.Hi Bendrix, the Youtube handling code will be removed in the next update that will be released later today. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please do not downgrade to v0.12.x. The current settings are not compatible with older versions.
- by Alinivar, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works fine, almost all sites load perfectly with the correct settings granted you don't go in like a noob and go nuts with all settings and don't read the documentation.
One issue though is YouTube, extension updated to 0.20.0.7 today and YouTube ended up loading without polymer, basically it literally loads as if it was YouTube during 2012 or something with no dark mode and less features.
Edit: Thanks for doing that! That was pretty fast, I can finally use it again.Hi Alinivar,
I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. In the previous versions of Chameleon, disabling Polymer would only kick in when using a non-Firefox profile. The problem with this method is that if you're using one of the random profile options, this would cause issues when using Youtube. The site would break and toggling Polymer wouldn't fix it until you changed your profile to Firefox to restart the process. I've removed the Polymer handling code so this should be resolved in the next update that will be released later today.
- by Godly, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Hello, please how can i manage the extension and choose what i want to spoof and what i don't want to choose.