Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15033282, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excuse me, can I open multiple Firebox browser pages and make each page have a different browser profile?Unfortunately, no. The closest you can get to that functionality is to use the whitelist editor and creating a rule for each site you want to have a separate profile for.
- by Avital, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Usually i dont like to install any add on that isnt a must have. After testing Chameleon i found out that this is one of the must haves!
I have changed a lot of about:config settings, but i did roll back network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy and etwork.http.referer.trimmingPolicy. I hope those are the 2 most important one to set back to default(?)
Thank you so much!Yes, those two values should not be modified. More info can be found in the wiki: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki/Headers
Thank you for the kind words. :)
- by Wellington Torrejais da Silva, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fine! Only small problems like:
. Related to cache and some console alerts at Firefox nighty.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoIf you toggled the prevent etag tracking feature, that's intended. If the if-none-match header for caching, it won't work because Chameleon prevents the browser from saving that information for future requests.
- by Firefox user 13562564, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Wonderful add-on!
Had issue with "Enable script injection" and whitelisting, which the owner replied to promptly and worked tirelessly to resolve.
With ras this bug is not present, it's only of chameleon, appaire that working and without any reason do not spoof.
Can you create an issue here with your settings at the link above?
Have you tried resetting Chameleon's settings and selecting a profile + enable script injection? I'm not experiencing issues with a new install of Chameleon v0.12.0.
EDIT: This was caused by conflicting extensions.
- by Firefox user 14782204, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this addon because it also has a good wiki with recommendation regarding the avaiable settings in this addons.
However I have two questions for which I did not found a clear answer:
1. In the Header -> Referer section of the wiki it is noted that two options should not be set in about:config. I assume that setting these options in the user.js is also problematic?
2. If these options are modified (in about:config or user.js) how does this negatively affect the addon?
Edit: Thanks to the developer for the fast answer.1. Yes, settings those options in the user.js file is also problematic.
2. The options for managing the headers are a workaround for the existing functionality in Firefox. There isn't a way to toggle those settings using the APIs available. If a user changes those options in their preferences, it may prevent Chameleon from setting the header values properly. Firefox modifies the headers before Chameleon can.
- by Firefox user 14592915, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Hello. I have this add-on, and I have one question... Why are YouTube videos in mobile mode? I wanna use this add-one and watch regular YouTube videos. As of now, I have this add-on disabled. Is there anyway to fix this?You are probably using a mobile profile (iOS/Android). Visit https://httpbin.org/headers and if you see Android or iOS, you are using a mobile profile. If not, please open an issue here: http://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- by Firefox user 13220175, a year agoRated 5 out of 5My favourite WX for privacy enhancement. Would vote it +1 to be included in the Mozilla curated list of featured/recommended WXs.
Till the current version 0.10.2 the developer has shown great dedication to implement feature suggestions and patch discovered bugs in a timely fashion.
- by Firefox user 14407334, a year agoRated 3 out of 5-No option for random resolution change
-No option for random time zone change
-Options for Firefox browser spoofing too fewIf you set the profile option to Random, Random Desktop or Random Mobile, set the screen resolution to profile, and use an interval, the screen resolution will randomly change.
Randomly changing the timezone isn't a good idea if you're IP isn't changing. If you use the IP option for the timezone option, the timezone will be automatically set when the browser starts.
Please read the wiki for the options Chameleon offers. If you have a suggestion, create an issue on the GitHub page.