- by Firefox user 16477347, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is so great ! I'm using only the user agent spoofing which is great, it uses common UAs and works well compared to "random user agent" extension (which is not even open source).
I'm using it in combination to CanvasBlocker which I prefer to know what sites have requested, but the choice is hard between these 2 outstanding extensions.
Thank you !
The only "issue" I had is I cannot prevent website from detecting my GPU.
- by FoxTL, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does this work with TOR browser? I only want to change the OS randomly in the headers, but am also concerned about privacy and anti-tracking. I do not know what all the settings mean in this addon. How to maintain privacy and avoid tracking on TOR while using this addonn?Hi,
Chameleon can work with the Tor Browser although that somewhat defeats the purpose of using it. The Tor Browser tries to maintain a uniform browser fingerprint across all platforms. It might be a bit extreme for daily usage. I suggest checking out the wiki to learn more about Chameleon and some other privacy resources: https://sereneblue.github.io/chameleon/wiki.
- by Firefox user 16225117, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Nice add-on
it would be great if you add custom screen size value support
I want to set 1280x720 screen size, but it's not available in values
Also enabling "spoof font fingerprint" causes different font faces to look the same is that a bug or expected behavior?
Thanks for the effort you put in on this.Hi,
1280x720 isn't included because it's not a common resolution. 1366x768 is usually the minimum for modern screen sizes (laptops). When fonts are spoofed, unique system fonts may not be supported so the browser falls back to a limited number of basic fonts. If you visit https://browserleaks.com/fonts with "spoof font fingerprint" enabled and different profiles (Windows, macOS, Linux, etc), the fonts listed under "JS Fonts (classic)" will change.
- by Sergey Twersky, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very cool extension! But, tell me, what can I disable so that it continues to change the user agent on YouTube, but does not spoil the video? Or white window appears, covering half of video, or half of video is covered with collored stripes.
- by Firefox user 12807353, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The UI/options and documentation might be a little bit unintuitive and sparse, imho. However, with experimentation to figure out what each option really does, this really is a highly effective tool that runs smoother than the 2 or 3 other addons it replaces.