Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15330737, a year agoRated 2 out of 5break site, some times cant solve recpatchaRecaptcha doesn't play nice with anything that tries to change your fingerprint. I'm not sure if there is a 'fix' but there is an issue open about this: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/250
- by Firefox user 15109409, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent little addon. LOVE the checklist, very thorough. Would like to see a little popup descriptor for each setting. Inaccurately reported session identifiers and tls fast_start setting as its opposite.
Disable SSL False Start security.ssl.enable_false_start true
Disable SSL Session Identifiers security.ssl.disable_session_identifiers false
false_start is actually disabled, and session_identifiers are actually disabled... not sure whats going on here.
- by Firefox user 15191256, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Suddenly it stopped display notifications to me. I need to hover on the extension to see my spoofing settings everytime i open Firefox. Before it always displayed information about OS, Screen resolution etcPlease check if enable notifications is enabled. If it's enabled and it's still not working, please open an issue here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- by Firefox user 15182754, a year agoRated 5 out of 5wow ! impressive, serious work. thanks.
a lot of options, very good documentation, with guidelines and explaination for each.
I will try it for some time and update my review if needed, but I'm pretty confident it will not be necessary :-)
I am now allegedly browsing with chrome on an iPhone with a 1-meter-wide screen resolution, ... for the next hour, at least. priceless.
- by Firefox user 15033282, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excuse me, can I open multiple Firebox browser pages and make each page have a different browser profile?Unfortunately, no. The closest you can get to that functionality is to use the whitelist editor and creating a rule for each site you want to have a separate profile for.
- by Avital, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Usually i dont like to install any add on that isnt a must have. After testing Chameleon i found out that this is one of the must haves!
I have changed a lot of about:config settings, but i did roll back network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy and etwork.http.referer.trimmingPolicy. I hope those are the 2 most important one to set back to default(?)
Thank you so much!Yes, those two values should not be modified. More info can be found in the wiki: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki/Headers
Thank you for the kind words. :)
- by Wellington Torrejais da Silva, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fine! Only small problems like:
. Related to cache and some console alerts at Firefox nighty.If you toggled the prevent etag tracking feature, that's intended. If the if-none-match header for caching, it won't work because Chameleon prevents the browser from saving that information for future requests.
- by Firefox user 13562564, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Wonderful add-on!
Had issue with "Enable script injection" and whitelisting, which the owner replied to promptly and worked tirelessly to resolve.
With ras this bug is not present, it's only of chameleon, appaire that working and without any reason do not spoof.
Can you create an issue here with your settings at the link above?
Have you tried resetting Chameleon's settings and selecting a profile + enable script injection? I'm not experiencing issues with a new install of Chameleon v0.12.0.
EDIT: This was caused by conflicting extensions.
- by Firefox user 14782204, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this addon because it also has a good wiki with recommendation regarding the avaiable settings in this addons.
However I have two questions for which I did not found a clear answer:
1. In the Header -> Referer section of the wiki it is noted that two options should not be set in about:config. I assume that setting these options in the user.js is also problematic?
2. If these options are modified (in about:config or user.js) how does this negatively affect the addon?
Edit: Thanks to the developer for the fast answer.1. Yes, settings those options in the user.js file is also problematic.
2. The options for managing the headers are a workaround for the existing functionality in Firefox. There isn't a way to toggle those settings using the APIs available. If a user changes those options in their preferences, it may prevent Chameleon from setting the header values properly. Firefox modifies the headers before Chameleon can.
- by Firefox user 14592915, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello. I have this add-on, and I have one question... Why are YouTube videos in mobile mode? I wanna use this add-one and watch regular YouTube videos. As of now, I have this add-on disabled. Is there anyway to fix this?You are probably using a mobile profile (iOS/Android). Visit https://httpbin.org/headers and if you see Android or iOS, you are using a mobile profile. If not, please open an issue here: http://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.