Some features are temporarily disabled while we perform website maintenance. We'll be back to full capacity shortly.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kiwi_Crazy, 4 years agoIf I choose Enable resist fingerprinting option, user agent tests show me Windows 10 and Firefox 68. And nothing I can change (I tried manual user agent selection, real profile, whitelisting site etc. Nothing changes). My real OS is Windows 7 x64 and Firefox 72.Hi, did you enable script injection? Without it, RFP will overwrite the navigator user agent. If you're still having issues, please report it here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- Rated 5 out of 5by My_Cheese_Is_Slippin', 4 years agoAlong with the Advanced Preferences (about:config) this is better than a VPN !
Excellent work !
Thank you very much.Thanks for the kind words. I do want to note that you should be using Chameleon with a VPN. Chameleon only changes your browser fingerprint, it doesn't make you anonymous online.
- Rated 5 out of 5by icefox, 4 years agoThis seems to be the complete package for browser profile spoofing. Does a lot more than just change your user agent. Some of the reviewers are pretty uneducated, let me explain that some settings in this addon HAVE to break sites by design. It's how the internet works.
- Rated 5 out of 5by DNT, 4 years agoAmazing extension against tracking. Needs other addons to complement it though. Very nice set of features.
A good anti-tracking test is this tool: https://webbrowsertools.com/privacy-test/
With other extensions installed as well aim for a score of 50/100. Then add VPN & fingerprinting protection. You are able to reach 90 and 100. Manually add those points.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15330737, 4 years agobreak site, some times cant solve recpatchaRecaptcha doesn't play nice with anything that tries to change your fingerprint. I'm not sure if there is a 'fix' but there is an issue open about this: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/250
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15109409, 4 years agoExcellent little addon. LOVE the checklist, very thorough. Would like to see a little popup descriptor for each setting. Inaccurately reported session identifiers and tls fast_start setting as its opposite.
Disable SSL False Start security.ssl.enable_false_start true
Disable SSL Session Identifiers security.ssl.disable_session_identifiers false
false_start is actually disabled, and session_identifiers are actually disabled... not sure whats going on here.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15191256, 4 years agoSuddenly it stopped display notifications to me. I need to hover on the extension to see my spoofing settings everytime i open Firefox. Before it always displayed information about OS, Screen resolution etcPlease check if enable notifications is enabled. If it's enabled and it's still not working, please open an issue here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15182754, 4 years agowow ! impressive, serious work. thanks.
a lot of options, very good documentation, with guidelines and explaination for each.
I will try it for some time and update my review if needed, but I'm pretty confident it will not be necessary :-)
I am now allegedly browsing with chrome on an iPhone with a 1-meter-wide screen resolution, ... for the next hour, at least. priceless.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15033282, 4 years agoExcuse me, can I open multiple Firebox browser pages and make each page have a different browser profile?Unfortunately, no. The closest you can get to that functionality is to use the whitelist editor and creating a rule for each site you want to have a separate profile for.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Avital, 4 years agoUsually i dont like to install any add on that isnt a must have. After testing Chameleon i found out that this is one of the must haves!
I have changed a lot of about:config settings, but i did roll back network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy and etwork.http.referer.trimmingPolicy. I hope those are the 2 most important one to set back to default(?)
Thank you so much!Yes, those two values should not be modified. More info can be found in the wiki: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki/Headers
Thank you for the kind words. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Wellington Torrejais da Silva, 4 years agoFine! Only small problems like:
. Related to cache and some console alerts at Firefox nighty.If you toggled the prevent etag tracking feature, that's intended. If the if-none-match header for caching, it won't work because Chameleon prevents the browser from saving that information for future requests.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13562564, 5 years agoWonderful add-on!
Had issue with "Enable script injection" and whitelisting, which the owner replied to promptly and worked tirelessly to resolve.