- by AddonAnalyser, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Disabling or setting a referrer policy currently doesn't seem to have an effect.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHi,
You can test your referer here: https://www.darklaunch.com/tools/test-referer to verify that disabling it work as intended. If you're still encountering issues with the referer please open an issue here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- by HELPINGREVIEWZ, a year agoRated 3 out of 5latest version not functional. cannot set timezone, and many other parameters. go back to earlier version which worked. Because you screwed up your upgrade. we are not here to debug your bad programs.
- by Bendrix, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It used to work fine until This Addon was updated.
It breaks Youtube, video list on channel page does not load properly.
Can you please fix this issue with youtube ? I do not use any settings except for spoof IP timezone.
I think i'll revert back to old version.Hi Bendrix, the Youtube handling code will be removed in the next update that will be released later today. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please do not downgrade to v0.12.x. The current settings are not compatible with older versions.
- by HonestReviews, a year agoRated 3 out of 5UPDATE:7-14-21: Basically a good add-on. Good documentation and user instructions lacking in similar addons. Biggest complaint is slow to load gui and slow to respond to user input. Documentation could still be improved for non-techies as it's very hard to determine which settings will cloak you without breaking a site and which settings actually work to disguise your identity.
UPDate: 6-10-20: Big improvement especially in the documentation. A good add-on. A little slow to load and change the settings. Not really sure this program will mask you as unique, but it does work without being buggy. Overall good program and cudoos for the documentation help pages.
UPDATE: 5-13-20 DOES NOT WORK with tor firefox latest version. Cannot set settings. worthless and disabled.
very granular control over all your browser settings, but breaks sites often. you have to experiment to get it right. need to have better help manual for this as you have to be an expert to figure out the impact of all the settings. update 5-3-2020. They broke it with the latest update, no longer works properly cannot set settings.Hi,
Unfortunately, that's to be expected with privacy enhancing options these days. There is a wiki that details the options provided here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki.
With ras this bug is not present, it's only of chameleon, appaire that working and without any reason do not spoof.
Developer responseposted 2 years agohttps://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues
Can you create an issue here with your settings at the link above?
Have you tried resetting Chameleon's settings and selecting a profile + enable script injection? I'm not experiencing issues with a new install of Chameleon v0.12.0.
EDIT: This was caused by conflicting extensions.
- by Firefox user 14407334, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5-No option for random resolution change
-No option for random time zone change
-Options for Firefox browser spoofing too few
Developer responseposted 3 years agoIf you set the profile option to Random, Random Desktop or Random Mobile, set the screen resolution to profile, and use an interval, the screen resolution will randomly change.
Randomly changing the timezone isn't a good idea if you're IP isn't changing. If you use the IP option for the timezone option, the timezone will be automatically set when the browser starts.
Please read the wiki for the options Chameleon offers. If you have a suggestion, create an issue on the GitHub page.
- by Sudisk, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Unable to access settings in mobile.
Could you make the settings accessible or set appropriate default preferences for mobile?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoI haven't tested this in the mobile version of Firefox. I'll see what I can do.
I just tested it with the mobile Firefox Nightly 57 & 60. I'm not sure what's causing issues, but I've opened an issue on Github. https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/15
Chameleon now works on Firefox for Android!