- Rated 2 out of 5by Forage, 8 months agoGreat idea, quick and easy to use...but unfortunately highly unreliable. It keeps disconnecting regularly after a few minutes (<5) without clear reason and without any indication. You are now forced to 1) add the add-on icon to the toolbar and 2) keep an eye on it at all times.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Clément, 8 months agoFR:
Fonctionne très bien.
Merci d'avoir ajouté la possibilité de désactiver les notifications ! 😄
Works very well.
Thanks for adding the ability to turn off notifications! 😄
- Rated 2 out of 5by David, 8 months agoPop_OS! user.
when I boot up and then start Firefox, the Proton VPN shows it is connected but I can't load any site.
I have to restart Firefox many times to eventually get it working.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15028866, 8 months agoSo happy this exists now. I would just like a secure core toggle. It would also be neat if it could detect when I'm already connected via protonvpn-cli, it doesn't seem to be able to at present.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Steven, 8 months agoOpen source and all that nonsense just as an excuse to get email addresses?
Lures you with free use (See Website with the big Button "Proton Free"), although it is only for payment, which you only find out afterwards when you have already registered your email address.
Privacy and honesty look different.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17622799, 9 months agoVery pleased with this extension the only annoyance is a popup comes every 2 minutes to say that the VPN is connected, very annoying when using my browser all day.
- Rated 5 out of 5by tpsa, 9 months agoPure awesomeness!
Desktop app is handling my whole traffic; FF extension allows me to pick a different VPN server just for my browser traffic. Proton feels like the best on-line privacy services out there. Hopefully that will not change in the future :)
Really worth supporting the organization.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Chris, 9 months agoas of March 20, 2023 I am encountering a few issues : a popup comes every 2 minutes to say that the VPN/proxy is connected, fairly annoying. Yet the most annoying is the fact that extension uses the Proton Webmail session instead of getting its own session (with restricted access!) just for the purpose of o VPN. If you logout the webmail it will log you out of the VPN extension as well. Plugin also lacks configurable exceptions. I will revise my review as updates are coming hopefully
- Rated 2 out of 5by ThisIsRandom2, 9 months agoIt keeps disconnecting. I have already upgraded to 0.1.7. It happens whenever there is inactivity and you resume browsing. The inactivity triggers the disconnect. If I keep actively browsing it won't disconnect. However, that's not sustainable.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoHello, thanks for your report, browsers have mechanisms to shutdown services that are no longer "needed" and our proxy got kicked by this when there are no requests. It's in our top priorities to prevent this.