- Rated 3 out of 5by Alex, 13 days agoGood server with good speed. The add-on is not bad, but there are sometimes connection drops. The biggest disappointment is that every time me open the browser, the add-on does not create a connection automatically. Each time I have to log in to my proton account and only then manually create a connection. For comparison, the same Proton extension works flawlessly in the Google Chrome browser.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 18009887, 7 months agoI see others have reported the same issue, but it is necessary to disable and reenable the extension almost every time you use Firefox. Otherwise, the browser will not load anything.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13427441, 8 months agoThis extension no longer works since FF update to 115.0. Cannot surf the web any longer. Breaks the internet usage completely.
It did an excellent job before the FF update.
Reinstalling the extension or deactivating all other extensions doesn't help.
After checking again, I found out that there are only certain sites I cannot visit. One is https://www.computerbox.at/ although connected to Austria
Developer responseposted 8 months agoHello, I can't reproduce from my side. May I advise checking the permissions of the extensions (in about:addons) are all enabled and if still not working trying to re-install the extension?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16118621, 8 months agoBug report: Great VPN extension, however one annoying problem. After waking my laptop from sleep, the VPN connection cannot establish itself. The only way to enable normal operation is to dis/enable the extension.
Actually two problems. When the connection is in the process of connecting, the notification already claims it is connected to xx country. So the devs issue the notification too early.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17948934, 8 months agoIt's great to finally have an extension option for connecting to ProtonVPN, but it seems to be a little buggy.
Every few minutes I get another notification saying a VPN connection has been established. I can turn off notifications, but it seems for whatever reason it is losing and reestablishing connection every few minutes, but doesn't provide any information as to why that's the case.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12775621, 9 months agoWe are required to login account, impossible to share my account with my friend access this extension.
I share my account with my friend, he only has access to the ProtonVPN client, but with this extension it is not possible to share with him.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Chris, a year agoas of March 20, 2023 I am encountering a few issues : a popup comes every 2 minutes to say that the VPN/proxy is connected, fairly annoying. Yet the most annoying is the fact that extension uses the Proton Webmail session instead of getting its own session (with restricted access!) just for the purpose of o VPN. If you logout the webmail it will log you out of the VPN extension as well. Plugin also lacks configurable exceptions. I will revise my review as updates are coming hopefully
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15022613, a year agoVery Good and Very fast but it seems to disconnect randomly without any notification that it does so you dont know its not connected
Developer responseposted a year agoHello, we're trying hard to fix this for the stable release. Meanwhile could you try to update to 0.1.7 (keep the Auto-connect on in the settings tab) it should help recovering from disconnections.