Bewertet mit 4,6 von 5 Sternen
4,6 von 5 Sternen
- von ChBar HK, vor 25 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThe extension is amazing. It really relieves the eye strain.
However, one of my most important pages, AzureDevOps, is slightly unreadable due to this extension. Many site elements seem to flash between two different background colors.
Other than that, the Microsoft Docs website seems to automatically select dark mode, and is immune to this extension. Which is a bummer, since I would like a sepia theme, not pitch black.
- von Davin, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI love the fact that it works 99% of the time... Only thing is some sites take some time to load. But it's understandable as it requires a bit of resources too... If you have a fast device, this should work flawlessly... 🙂
- von SleepyP, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen-Edit-
Updated to 5 stars on account of me being dumb. Great work, Alex :)
I had found that there are sometimes issues with some random websites not loading / rendering correctly with Dark Reader enabled.
This is to be expected, since the way sites are coded & styled varies, sometimes a lot.
Fortunately, this extension DOES give you a user interface for dealing with such situations.
Hit the 3-dot button to display the general Firefox menu, and then scroll down to the Dark Reader option to access this extension's nicely built UI.
This allows you to disable the extension on a site-by-site / per-URL basis, making it the perfect companion for anybody with sensitive eyes.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15824905, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenI noticed the page loading on my laptops was very slow. I checked the connection, traceroute etc.
It turned out that it was this extension that delayed the loading of the website. It's understandable since it needs to translate the CSS of each page to dark mode.
The idea behind it is cool but the HUGE performance hit makes it not worth it.
It may work fine on computers with newest Ryzens but it sure doesn't work well on my company 1.7 Ghz CPU
- von Ari B, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThis started out great but over time has become and increasing nuisance. It really would be best if it had some sort of machine learning in it that allowed intelligent display of a page based on the page's settings, not necessarily this app. Renders Ecosia searches illegible and frequently makes pages look dusty rather than making them more readable; dark grey text on a taupe background is actually really difficult to read. It also eats up memory like nobody's business. Won't be using again, i'll just turn down the whole screen brightness and deal with it.