Bewertet mit 4,2 von 5 Sternen
4,2 von 5 Sternen
- von Ricardo Simões, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFormer SAGE Feeds user here (which no longer works with Firefox 57 and development has stopped). This add on enabled me to carry on using Firefox
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13621763, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDecent extension, great for viewing images, I have a bug though. If you bookmark things, and then the bookmarks are later manually removed, it bugs out and starts bookmarking everything in your feed afterwards, randomly adding and removing bookmarks no matter how much you try and fix things.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13588079, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat Addon, have been using it for years and am very glad that it works with FF57 now.
I only have two minor complaints:
1) In some recent version the keyboard shortcut for opening Brief changed from Ctrl+Alt+D to Ctrl+Shift+D. Unfortunately the latter shortcut is already used by firefox for bookmarking all tabs. Thus Brief cannot be opened anymore using a keybaord shortcut.
2) Yesterday Brief suddenly deleted all my feeds and I had to resuscribe to all of them. Didn't happen before and I hope it won't happen again.
Anyway, great addon, thanks a lot!
- von mecki78, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAlways has been the best RSS Reader and still is the best. I missed it a lot when there was the WebExtension switch (being announced so early, I wonder why so many extensions got ported that late), so I had to try out Feedbro, which seems to be more popular among users, but I don't understand why, was a big disappointment when you are used to Brief. Brief is so much easier to use, simple UI, easy to navigate with mouse and with keyboard, it's fast, it's light weight (needs little memory and CPU time), it works as expected (opening an entry opens it in a tab, marks it as read and immediately wipes it from the unread view), little preferences (which is good, I don't want to waste 2 hours on configuring a RSS reader just to make it somewhat usable). I'm so glad it's back and finally I have a quick, no sorry, a "brief" overview of all the important news again, safes me maybe a hole hour a day, as I can quickly skip all the uninteresting ones, easily read the important ones and peek at those where I'm unsure if they are interesting; that's what you use a news reader for to begin with, isn't it?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13572702, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenbrief 255 plus ffox quantum 57.0.1 x64
search is not working. impossible to input anything from the keyboard
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13568388, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat extension, thanks ! The only one who succeeded in making me forget Sage (RIP).
I'll put 5 stars when you will add a button to push an article in pocket list ;-)
What do you think ?That would be a significant amount of work and rather low priority at the moment. Sorry, but restoring search and better adapting to WebExtensions is more pressing.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13562909, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenliked it but migration to FF57 failed. In fact Brief doesn't work at all in FF57
update: thanks for getting back. changing the privacy setting did the trickBrief does work in FF57 for most cases. However, there are some known limitations and Firefox bugs. For example, Brief does not work in strict privacy modes (never save history / don't accept cookies / sanitize on exit) yet. If that's not your case, you're welcome to report the issue on the issue tracker.
- von Si2Bim, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvery reliable feed-reader. having using it for years now - before FF 57.
figuring out how to backup my feeds. no reaction when I export my feeds.
doesn't seems to start automatically when clicked ????
it runs after awhile - depend on good-luck... :-(
- von hyper_2002, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenNot working any more on FF 60.0.1 . You can't add new feeds to Brief.Brief no longer uses Live Bookmarks as WebExtensions don't have access to them. Some way to import them will be added in the near future. If you still have a Firefox 56 profile, I'd suggest exporting the feed list in Brief there and importing in the new profile.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13530593, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLong time user for this extension and i'm happy that its upgraded to support FF57 ! , one issue that it seem "clear all items" button in the option not working .
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13526607, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenlecteur permettant la prise en compte de nombreux sites avec une excellente ergonomie. Simple à mettre en oeuvre, facile à utiliser.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13519701, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHello.
Maybe this is a bug, maybe i'm only too dumb for it. ^^
If i delete feed messages how can i get it back? Delete the whole feed and re-add does not help. Uninstall/reinstall brief - does not help.
The trash is empty.
I hope you can help me (or fix this issue).
Thanks for your answer. Can you please give me infos for the hard way? I also try a diff. (files), but not found where the changes are made.
Its fixed. :) You only have to wait until new feeds are coming and he will load the old ones again. :)Normally it's in trash after deletion and can be restored from there, unless you've emptied trash too. If you have, there's no easy way to restore it.
- von seeker, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHello I like your add on very much but now I have a problem
I need to transfer the opml file to another computer. each time I try Brief tells me that this is not possible because of (invalid file format. the xml file isn't well formed). Please help
Thank you for your reply. Now I have another issue. when I check "oldest first" nothing happens. Is there a workaround to fix this.