- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternen1. Search option not working for a long time!
2. Exporting or importing data from Brief not working!
3. Sometimes deleted article froze on top spot, so you must refresh page to remove it.
Other than above, this is great add on for RSS content.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is one of the best FeedReader i've seen. The only thing i'm missing from the old version is the ability to search (the field is there but does nothing/no input possible) and a nice "Dark Mode". Then it would be perfect for me :)
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenLove it, to an extent. Been using it for years, the advent of Quantum 57 caused a bit of a panic when it became no longer available. The trouble is.. feed loading is slow and causes a massive spike in disk usage, I can't really do anything else while feeds load. Is this normal?... I deleted many feeds, tried just loading individual folders, re-installing, but the problem persists. I've been tolerating it for quite awhile, because the layout is superior to most, and I waited for a solution to come via update, but none yet. So Is there anything I can do on my end to solve this?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAdam, Denis, your application is absolutely amazing. The best feeds reader I have seen in all the world. Thanks for your great work. As I have said before, may God bless you on Earth and in the heaven. However, the search box in the new quantum-compatible version is still, after two years, not working. Nothing can be typed inside of it. This makes such a great application entirely useless. Because of the search box, I am still using the last non-quantum version Firefox from three-years ago just to be able to use the old Brief with the search box. I use Brief everyday for scientific work. Again thanks for your great work, I hope you can fix the search box. Fix this search box, and create a donation page, and I promise I will be the first to donate to this project.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIn FF56 absolutely top. But in FF69 sometimes deleted feed entries will new loaded again and again.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenPerfect until firefox 69 ... No more update. I hope the problem is temporary. Thank you
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenA very good addon, I'm using it since 2010, but lately I start having a problem with the page direction, because I have feeds in both Arabic and English context and it doesn't appear well since it prevents the "switch page direction", Please fix it asap because I don't want to use any other RSS addon
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenwould be nice if any of the instructions for adding a feed were current. Hard to use when you can't any content -go ahead try to add the bbc feeds using your instructions. already moving on to some thing else.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenNone of buttons are working
I click everywhere and nothing happens
I'm on Android with latest Firefox version
Boring !!!!!!!! 😓
Edit : So, did you test it ?
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 MonatenBrief is developed and tested on desktop Firefox for now and I'm actually surprised one can install it on Android at all. Will test it on Android when I have time.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenJust too many permissions, otherwise great extension. Still works in Firefox 68 even though the screenshots look awfully old.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 MonatenMost of the permissions are required for Brief to work, unfortunately. The ones that could be optional are bookmark access (used because items starred in Brief are the ones bookmarked in Firefox, which could be changed), notifications (feed update notifications are enabled by default), downloads access (optional for now, but will be needed to implement automatic backup). All the worst ones - access data for all sites, access tabs, store unlimited data - are the ones required for a feed reader with long-term storage of the feed entries to work in Firefox.
If you have ideas how to make Brief work without requesting these, would be cool to hear them on the Brief's GitHub issue tracker.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenA dark theme would be really appreciated
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI had to re-install at update to 2.6.0, all buttons not worked.
But now, everything work smoothly, Thank you for this useful add-on!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen非常好的插件! 建议增加几个功能:1.消息搜索功能(目前的搜索框不能激活). 2.界面再增加一列 消息标题列,参考thunderbird 布局里的直视图. 3.增加消息的导入导出功能.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI really love this reader and been using it for years but ever since the firefox changes many moons ago stuff has broken, and I still can't fix even with the new latest Firefox browser Quantum 67.0.2 64bit. Like one feature I loved was the search bar it doesn't let me search for a news story with in my groups. I can't for the life of me create new folders for each group of feeds such as tv shows or news storys about technology. it just wants to create one super folder. I have no idea where the feeds are stored in the bookmarks.
any help would be great as I feel this is the one and only RSS feeder that works and doen't need a subscription based service.
The creators have done a great job on it, just too bad firefox had to change it's programming so it can't work with new versions.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 MonatenThe feeds are no longer stored in bookmarks, but in the Brief's internal database. You can create folders by switching to the Organize mode, clicking a "..." entry and entering the name of the folder to be created.
Yes, search is not yet available, sorry about that. Hope to restore it in a few versions.