- 来自 Firefox 用户 13438804，4 年前评分 5 / 5Thanks Firefox for killing this great app...
The classic version was a great Firefox add-on which I used on a daily basis. Displaying different pages within the same Firefox window in the layout you wanted. Now every page contains a full Firefox window which is a waste of space!
Even more annoying is the fact that the new windows open on your primary screen, which is not necessarily the window where you have the original Firefox session open. (If you work with multiple displays)
This is not a developer flaw but because of the limitations of web-extensions and Firefox 57 removing the technology they used in the classic version.
5 stars because the developers did an amazing job on the classic version. Hope you find a ingenious idea to make it perfect again
- 来自 bafra-acizade-cig-kofte，4 年前评分 1 / 5tile 4 different window. real tile one window 4 tile. tiles same in window.
Plaese return to Tile View!
died for me firefox. my favorite addons died. :( i turned old version ff. :(
- 来自 Tamius Han，4 年前评分 2 / 5Not I originally wasn't going to give a review for this extension, because it's ultimately Mozilla's fault that Tile Tabs WE is utterly useless and not even a shell of its former self (and because giving 1/5 for reasons that are clearly out of author's control is ultimately a douche thing to do). I planned to install this extension, just in case FF decides that some of its deprecated functionalities make a comeback under WebExtension API. At the end of the day — while the original ability is going to be sorely missed — the current implementation is infinitesimally better than nothing despite being less than ideal.
Unfortunately though, when recovering from a crash (but not if firefox was shut down or restarted properly, even if it's set to reopen my previous session) at nearly 300 tabs across three windows, this extension manages to:
* Completely freeze firefox for a couple of minutes (100% cpu usage on a single core)
* RAM usage flunctuates wildly during the startup, but the peaks go past 10 gigs (!!) for me with my 3 windows and just shy of 300 tabs.
* After the dust settles and Firefox opens and becomes responsive again, RAM usage stabilizes at 5 gigs for what used to be less than one
With 16 gigs of RAM in my machine, such RAM usage is enough to surprise-crash my entire machine if I have other things running as well.
This only happens when this extension loaded. If it's disabled, everything is normal. (Although this could potentially be a conflict with Tab Mix Plus and Multiple Tab Handler, both of which are also going away). FF56, linux. Not sure whether that's firefox or some extension, but tabs are set to not load until I visit them.
If you're the kind of person who shuts down firefox and computer in ways that result in "do you want to restore your last session" message and your tab count is in triple digits because tab bar is the new bookmarks, you should probably avoid this extension for the time being.
So that's the reason for 2/5. When extension crashes my machine with OOM ...
There's also other wonkiness that might not be dev's fault, but:
* if firefox is fullscreen (the "I can still see the window titlebar and taskbar" kind of fullscreen, not f11 kind of fullscreen), on my main (middle) monitor and I try to split the window, the two new split windows appear on my secondary (leftmost) screen. (This could potentially be the fault of kwin). Surprisingly enough that doesn't happen when firefox window doesn't take up the whole monitor.
P.S. Thanks a lot moz, FF56 is the new Opera 12.16
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13349833，4 年前评分 1 / 5This extension should be called 'Tile Windows'. This version is not even close in terms of functionality to the classic Tiles Tabs extension. If this extension cannot split tabs in one single window, then it is not worth installing.
- 来自 AbsolutelyGeneral，4 年前评分 1 / 5Wow! Dev, thanks for your previous efforts with this app; it was great!
You either need to get back to the drawing board with this WE version and start from scratch, or abandon it altogether if you're unable to make it work properly. This version is TOTALLY useless!
Thanks again for your once-great app! (I sincerely mean that and am not being sarcastic; it was an indispensably useful app pre-WE.)
- 来自 Steve Cambridge，4 年前评分 3 / 5Previous version was _great_ at getting a very large amount of information on one screen - viewing 12 graphs on one 4K display. This version needs so much screen real estate for window clutter that it is degraded to being pretty close to not worth using.
This enough of a problem that I am going to avoid upgrading to the new Firefox until it is fixed or I have no choice.
Mozilla - please support great add on this properly.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13383279，4 年前评分 3 / 5I don't want to give 1 star because the reduced functionality isn't the author's fault. This plugin was incredibly useful to me in its previous form, it worked brilliantly. I hope that Mozilla can consider some way to make it possible for this kind of plugin to work again! How can we get that to happen - to the author, what is the API that's been removed? Perhaps we can use the Firefox bug/feature tracker to ask that this is reinstated in some form?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13382758，4 年前评分 4 / 5The WebExtension-only rule of FF57 is still a problem, but personally I think it makes more sense to use separate windows for the comparisons. It's a bit slow to respond, but with the clever toolbar-hiding functionality and synchronized window sizes, it works just as well as an html-based split-view would look.
Menus could be more intuitive though.
- 来自 olba，4 年前评分 3 / 5This extension does a lot of good stuff, but there's places where it's obviously lacking:
1. You can only have one set of tabs tiled at any given time. This is extremely limiting.
2. Doing a non-standard tile, such as tiling 4+ tiles vertically, requires that you make the tiling first. Considering how the add-on already works, I think it would be best if you were just given an option to tile horizontally, vertically or into a grid (horizontally or vertically).
3. If you have the toolbars turned off, clicking on a link with the regular middle click causes the tab to jump into the window with the Tile Tabs WE Blank tab open. This is very confusing behavior.
4. Moving tabs that are tiled is not possible, as far as I can see: You have to close the layout, reorder the tabs and tile them.
5. Adding tabs to a tiled layout from outside of the layout is impossible: You have to close the layout and do another one.
6. The way the Tile Tabs WE Blank page functions is confusing: There's no real explanation as to what it does and closing it affects the behavior of the tiling.
Even with these flaws, which I discovered through my usage of the add-on, it's still a very good add-on. It's definitely an improvement over Vivaldi's implementation of tiling tabs, which they advertise as a major feature of the browser.
- 来自 cejasdeatol，4 年前评分 1 / 5Guys, you had a useful and simple product. Having multiple tiles in the same tab allowed me to compare multiple stuff such as html/xml as IT specialist. Why having more opened FF windows when the reason of this add on is to see all stuff in the same screen? You really messed it. Who was the genius behind the idea to make the tool useless?
开发者回应发布于 4 年前With the new Firefox WebExtensions API's, it is just not possible to make Tile Tabs WE work the same way as the original Tile Tabs.
This is explained in more detail in the Important Notice on Tile Tabs WE home page:
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13378622，4 年前评分 1 / 5It was the most important plugin for me. The most important Feature of Firefox. The difference to other Browsers. I thought it would be a standard feature in newer Firefox versions. Now, in the new version, it is useless. Firefox is now useless to me. Looking for a fork.