Recensioni per Read Aloud: Un Lettore Vocale da Testo a Voce
Read Aloud: Un Lettore Vocale da Testo a Voce di LSD Software
- Valutata 3 su 5di sodope, 3 anni faHonestly I use this to help me speed read long books. I will normally have a physical copy in hand and pull up the web version and have Read Aloud running at 1.5x I have to read a lot by virtue of my interests and this helps, but it is certainly more useful for articles and uninterrupted prose like fiction.
I read tech/programming books. I wasn't expecting this to do a good job reading all the symbols and concatenated words but it does a relatively decent job. Some symbols are ignored or not read correctly but that's to be expected.
What's annoying is that the parser for this extension frequently skips single sentences or footnotes that are in between two larger paragraphs. So like if you have one paragraph then a sentence from the next paragraph followed by a diagram then the rest of the paragraph Read Aloud will skip straight from the first paragraph to the larger chunk of the second paragraph. sometimes the skipped part is important so i find myself pausing and rewinding frequently to make sure i got everything. It's jarring when you have a book in hand and read and hear two different things.
Feature suggestion: Consider highlighting the text that is already on the page by default. And having the option to use the modal if the page has funky formatting or something. Is there any reason why you can't just manipulate the DOM to highlight & scroll the words that are already on the page?
- Valutata 3 su 5di Jeff, 3 anni faOverall, it's not a bad app. However there are quite a few mispronunciations and some are so bad they leave you scratching your head. For example, the current Dem. Candidate for President is not "bih-den" but instead "bahee-den" and there are many far worse than this.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 16079845, 3 anni faShould have voice selections. Should have volume control.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Kelly Diaz, 3 anni faThe permission process to use Google Wavenet voices is no longer working. I actually purchased this addon and I'm no longer granted access to premium voices. I feel cheated.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Igor, 3 anni faBy itself extension works fine, but there is problem when it needs to work together with other extensions, for example, to read text produced by EBUB or FB2 extension.
1. epub file opened with EPUBReader extension (works fine), but opening resulting page with 'Read Aloud' extension results in the error message:
"missing host permission for the tab".
2. Once again, separately, both extensions work fine, error appear only when data are passed from the first to the second one.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13599183, 4 anni faThis doesn't seem to work for me if I try to use anything but the default voices anymore. When I try to grant permissions it doesn't want to allow it to work anymore.
When it does work, it's excellent.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Tks4FF, 4 anni faFirst use was difficult, a moz code msg & add-on Read Aloud error msgs. Here's the soup I swam thru & it is working for me in FF 62.0.1. (1) This occurred likely from me not having understood the add-on doesn't have 2 EQUAL entry points for messing w it, so note ur entry point if checking out RA. For ex., with only my FF Home Page open (Top Sites, BMs, History), when I tapped the right upperhand 3 vertical dots on my homepage & selected Read Aloud as a direct access point from the drop-down, RA opened to its what sb Options page but was browned out & gave an error msg instead, BUT THIS WAS BC I opened the add-on from its direct access title (I'd thot at 1st on seeing a code error that I'd caused the error msg bc I didnt have open a webpage intended for reading, only my homepage--later I learned it reads many types of content); and so when I instead FIRST selected the (folder type) heading of my installed FF "Add-ons" & THEN proceeded to the Add-ons list & from there selected Read Aloud, I didnt get the error msg "Missing host permission for the tab", I saw the operational Options page, no error msg. Yes!, but it still wouldnt read aloud bc it couldnt, bc I had yet to tell it the language I wanted to hear. (2) IT WORKS, FINALLY, bc if the msg is, "Please sign in to use the Premium Voices", go back to the FF Add-ons list, & select Read Aloud; the Options page that opens will show (probably) the "Voice" selection as "DEFAULT". NOT GOOD. Get rid of the empty "Default" by selecting the voice; a drop-out of language choices is behind the placeholder "Default"--there is no voice that the add-on has defaulted to; RA is awaiting ur selection b4 it will read; & aft you pick a language, "Voice" selection will show "Auto select" not "Default" on RA's Options page. I selected Brit English & Read Aloud read a webpage, yes! I didn't try selecting other voices to see if all are active vs if selections are restricted based on my phone's location/country. I dont know that info, I only know that YOU MUST pick a language for RA's voice reader. Before I knew this simple step I read another reviewer asking the Dev sevl mos back about my same error msg, about prem voices, & I nearly uninstalled RA bc Dev answered with an apology that no purchase was avl yet thru FF, bc the Dev hadn't heard that the reviewer wasnt asking to buy Prem voices, only wanted the add-on to work 'out of the box' & wanted to know what more is required, what do we not know or haven't understood or havent been told? I ?'d if the error was bc RA thot I wasnt signed into my Add-ons or FF browser accounts, but I verified that I was & besides, I'd never known FF Add-ons to care if users had an acct. Then another reviewer from yesterday's date said a moz code msg appeared (Options page), that RA wasnt working, v FF 66.0.1. I'd gotten a moz code error msg too, sevl times, until it stopped & started giving the premium languages error msg. I dont know why it switched from moz code to premium lang as the error, but aft going back & forth opening FF tabs, clicking Read Aloud to hear IF it would read eventually, the Options page began showing prem lang access error msg not the dead-end of the moz code error & with that error msg the Options were avl, & tried self-selecting a language, thinking maybe Default is 0, & the app could work now, it read a webpage. Such a simple step. And now I wonder if going via direct access to open Read Aloud while the Voice was not selected, when it was showing "Default, if this combo is why I got the moz code msg, & I wonder had I not gone to RA via direct access, if I'd gone to Add-ons to access RA, if I might have only had 1 error msg to deal with & not the moz code error prior to it that delayed my getting to the important SIMPLE need to Voice select? (3) It was confusing to me that the add-on could read its "Test" biographical text every time I hit Test from the Options page yet I couldnt finagle it to read a webpage. Maybe an update to FF (mine is v66.0.1) caused the "Default" option of Voice to to zero out. Has anyone bought Prem languages bc of the error msg, e.g., bc RA wouldnt read more than its Test? I can see ppl uninstalling it thinking it doesnt work, but with many great 5+ reviews, it obviously has easily worked out of the box for many. (4) Oh, btw, when u look at languages, go to the very very bottom to see the choice of "Custom Voices"; this opens to 2 selections each requiring credentials entry for the AMZ Polly voices or API ID entry for the Google Wavenet voices (#new2me). This customization when looked at but not selected seemed to hang up bc aft backing out of it, back at the Options page, "Enable custom language" showed as the Voice selection for a short bit, but maybe the lag time is to serve as a temporary reminder of entry of info being needed still if choosing custom voices. No worry, it eventually phased out & "Auto select" appeared beside Voice selection. (5) For me it was a jagged learning process b4 finding the simplicity of making it start, & not a hard path, but a time-consuming one. I don't know, it makes sense to have to enter the language, but Default didn't ring bells for me, it looked already selected as if it was okay 'as is'. Best wishes to Dev & other users. Dev, I'll donate if it works to read books I have open. I need audio of books, I don't have a phone screen reader so this add-on might be an important help.
- Valutata 3 su 5di snowjoke, 4 anni faThe reading is OK but there are no instructions and I couldn't reliably navigate to the bits of a page I wanted to read. I would click "forward" and it would just carry on without going forward. If I click stop, then play, it jumps all the way back to the start.
So unfortunately unusable due to navigation.
- Valutata 3 su 5di meowmeow, 4 anni faIt keeps asking me to sign in but i dnt know where to sign for premium voices? I am already signed into my firefox account.. What do i do?
I selected enable premium voices at the bottom but I got this mssg "An internal error occurred, please try again later. The object could not be cloned."
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faWe're still working on making payment work on Firefox. Please stay tuned
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13525774, 4 anni faNot all Voice Options work. I get the "Failed to init decoder" and won't read out loud.
- Valutata 3 su 5di PERCE-NEIGE, 4 anni faTested in French, and it's Google voice, it's very good. On my Android device, though, I've installed better voices, paying, it would be cool to be able to use Android voices with this extension, but I don't know if it would be possible one day. EDIT: I let a very good review 2 years ago, I don't know if the addon has gone less good, or if it's because I use it on a different machine, but the voice, in English or French are so so so robotic, that I can barely understand what it says.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14282777, 5 anni faIt works well but it gets stuck on things. For example if its italics then it reads it over and over. Same thin with numbers it will reread it over and over.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14227547, 5 anni fa5 stars for ease of use. 2 stars for A.I. voice. No choices for voice.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14227533, 5 anni faLa voz española es un poco molesta y se siente como si fuese una máquina, no es muy natural. Por favor, incluyan una voz latina.