- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 12148978, 9 mesi faI've identified one significant problem using this add-on. That problem is that this add-on opens in a new window. It should simply open in a new tab, if it has to open a new anything at all. When an add-on opens a new window, if the user closes out the prior window with all his tabs, leaving the read aloud window open, it risks the danger of the user's prior session being wiped out, with all his tabs going with it, and when the user invokes Firefox again, all he gets is the window opened by read aloud. Unfortunately, my experience is that add-ons which claim to record and purportedly allow the reloading of prior sessions, meaning a set of tabs, simply do not work reliably when a new window has been opened.
- Valutata 1 su 5di hortond00, 9 mesi faEven basic functionality is completely broken. After skipping text, the stop button breaks and audio will continue playing. Skipping text also causes the wrong set of text to highlight relative to the audio that's playing. I don't think Firefox should recommend this extension until these issues are fixed.
I will happily retry it if I am notified that these issues get handled, but for now, don't waste your time
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 12816473, 10 mesi faToo many flaws that makes your lisatening experience excrutiatingly painful. if you want to move back and listen to a paragraph over, it will NOT accomodate your request. it will NOT highlight the text that it is reading if you want to jump back or forward. Basically a useless app that will only frusatrate you.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Utente Firefox 13869774, 10 mesi faTWP and ImTranslator apps have these buttons that appear when you highlight a text, it would be great if you added an icon to click so right clicking or mousing far from text not necessary. I use this daily thank you so much
- Valutata 2 su 5di Faze, un anno faGreat extension in Chrome but sucks in Firefox. Sometimes it doesn't stop playing, lots of times you can't select where to read from, like the way it can in Chrome, and other buggy stuff that doesn't exist in Chrome. The worst part is that they only give you one free voice and it's a woman's voice. In the world of equality, we should be able to be allowed a different gender's voice (a male's voice) without having to pay for it as a premium feature. It old style mentality that will eventually bite them in the butt.
- Valutata 1 su 5di mcalhoun, un anno faI just downloaded "read-aloud". I got it to read a webpage but could NOT get it to stop. I want to try some other voices but can NOT determine how. Where do I look to find instructions?
- Valutata 4 su 5di Lostin, un anno faIt works but HELP.
I tried changing the voice while it was going. The first few times I did this, the old voice stopped and the new one played when I hit play again. This time, nothing happened. I navigated to the page and hit the addon again. Both old & new voices started playing over each other, I pressed STOP then the new one stopped but the old one kept playing?? I closed the tab and it kept going and won't stop. :sob:
> Reading a PDF
> Oh wow it eventually stopped when it got to the end of the page or whatever, some stopping point thank God.
> I do have a lot of tabs open to be fair?
Anyway, works better than most options on Google Chrome browser. 4/5 for that alone, but please fix the never-ceasing ghost voice.