- di Utente Firefox 13562909, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5liked it but migration to FF57 failed. In fact Brief doesn't work at all in FF57
update: thanks for getting back. changing the privacy setting did the trickBrief does work in FF57 for most cases. However, there are some known limitations and Firefox bugs. For example, Brief does not work in strict privacy modes (never save history / don't accept cookies / sanitize on exit) yet. If that's not your case, you're welcome to report the issue on the issue tracker.
- di Si2Bim, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5very reliable feed-reader. having using it for years now - before FF 57.
figuring out how to backup my feeds. no reaction when I export my feeds.
doesn't seems to start automatically when clicked ????
it runs after awhile - depend on good-luck... :-(
- di hyper_2002, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5Not working any more on FF 60.0.1 . You can't add new feeds to Brief.Brief no longer uses Live Bookmarks as WebExtensions don't have access to them. Some way to import them will be added in the near future. If you still have a Firefox 56 profile, I'd suggest exporting the feed list in Brief there and importing in the new profile.
- di Utente Firefox 13530593, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Long time user for this extension and i'm happy that its upgraded to support FF57 ! , one issue that it seem "clear all items" button in the option not working .
- di Utente Firefox 13519701, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Hello.
Maybe this is a bug, maybe i'm only too dumb for it. ^^
If i delete feed messages how can i get it back? Delete the whole feed and re-add does not help. Uninstall/reinstall brief - does not help.
The trash is empty.
I hope you can help me (or fix this issue).
Thanks for your answer. Can you please give me infos for the hard way? I also try a diff. (files), but not found where the changes are made.
Its fixed. :) You only have to wait until new feeds are coming and he will load the old ones again. :)
- di seeker, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Hello I like your add on very much but now I have a problem
I need to transfer the opml file to another computer. each time I try Brief tells me that this is not possible because of (invalid file format. the xml file isn't well formed). Please help
Thank you for your reply. Now I have another issue. when I check "oldest first" nothing happens. Is there a workaround to fix this.
- di Joe Driver, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5It's the perfect RSS-Feedreader for me - since years! And now, with FF57, it's perfect again! Thanks for this great Addon.
edit Dec. 2018:
And now, with FF 64, it's always the best Reader!
- di Utente Firefox 13512145, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great Add-On but has somebody else the problem that the new version (for FF57) doesn't show the last entry first? The checkbox in the options seem to do nothing - i always see the newest entry first... regards
Update: Thanks a lot - that was my problem - i was using Brief for years and have forgotten that you have to change the view - thanks again - keep up the good work
One more suggestion - add something like "Delete all unread messages" to "All entries" - in previous version the "Mark everything as read" option has put them to the recycle bin and you could delete them there - now i have to delete all the unnecessary feeds for every entry seperatly
- di Village Cat Dad, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Yay! Brief is back! Love this extension. Simple, straightforward, and works well. Had moved away from it due to it not being maintained, and used Bamboo. Had to shift to away from that because of FF57. Used FeedBro for a few days, hated it. Glad to see Brief show up in the supported FF57 extensions. Made my day!
- di Utente Firefox 13507218, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5I love Brief!
An extremely good extention of rss reading.
I do not really need a lot of so called various functions, but to alert me if things I\ve subscribed get updated is enough.
Recommend Brief to you if you need a rss subscriber rather than a file manager.
- di ezrider, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great! Very nice and easy-to-use. Replaces my former RSS reader with FF57. I only noticed that I can't export feeds into an OPML file... Nothing happens.Export to OPML works for me correctly, so if you could come to Github and report it there with the error messages from console that the attempt produces, you would be welcome.
- di Utente Firefox 13499541, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Wonderful add-on.
Ver. 2.5.0, it does work finely with FF Quantum on Windows 10,
but it doesn't work correctly on Mac OS X 10.12.6. Any actions by mouse clicking do not work on my Mac.
I could not find the cause of this phenomena...
Thanks for the reply.
I have refreshed the FF Quantum on Mac, after that it does work correctly!
So I have tested something on another Mac.
When I just upgraded from FF56 to 57, I faced the same trouble.
But after the refreshment of FF57, the add-on works finely.
I have checked my previous setting of FF.
And I found it happens when I select the private browsing mode or unclick the checkbox for save cookies.
The same situation occurs on Windows10 as well.Sorry, I don't have access to a Mac to test it. Would be nice if someone who can reproduce this problem came to Github and helped diagnose it.
Update: yes, it's a known problem that Brief 2.5 requires permission to set cookies (which also controls database access required by Brief) and thus can't work in private mode or never-save-cookies mode. You may try adding Brief's address (moz-extension://something) to exceptions, but I haven't checked that mode yet.